Community
Wiki Posts
Search

VeriFLY experiences

Search this Thread

Old Feb 17, 2022, 12:45 pm
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by LSSI92
Is online check-in usually available straight away after Verifly have completed their checks? My Verifly is showing all green but I still can't check-in for tomorrow's flights.
Sometimes it's immediate, sometimes it takes a few hours, sometimes it doesn't clear down at all. Depends on the details. Examples of all 3 scenarios upthread.
adrianlondon and LSSI92 like this.
Old Feb 17, 2022, 12:46 pm

Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
Sometimes it's immediate, sometimes it takes a few hours, sometimes it doesn't clear down at all. Depends on the details. Examples of all 3 scenarios upthread.
Thank you
Old Feb 17, 2022, 1:06 pm

Programs: Mucci, BAEC GGL/CCR, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Stena Gold
I am trying to add a trip to the UK and I too have the "unable to save. please ensure you have an existing pass that contains the "Confident traveller- UK- passenger details requirement" error

Is there any way around this without deleting my account and starting again?

Thanks
Old Feb 17, 2022, 2:30 pm

Programs: UA 1MM, AA Plat, Marriott LT Titanium, Hyatt Glob, IHG ♢ Amb, Hilton ♢, Hertz Pres
Originally Posted by The _Banking_Scot
Hi

Took 3 Submussions of my photo of the vaccination certificate for it to be accepted but it is now good

Regards

tbs
I try and try and try and get a won't fetch error. Happens for both camera, and .jpg and .png upload (and i deleted my acct and reinstalled app per their CS instructions). Nada. What the heck kind of app is this?!
Old Feb 17, 2022, 5:30 pm

Programs: BA GGL, Hilton Diamond
A quick data point from Las Vegas.

I'm on a LAS-LAX, LAX-LHR, LHR-EDI itinerary - booked with AA but BA operated for the LAX-LHR/LHR-EDI.

Verifly entered under the BA PNR.

Could not do online check-in via either AA or BA (never can on these routes).

LAS check-in showed the Verifly app as I gave her my passport and didn't even ask to see anything else in the app or other documents, accepted easily and she was happy I had used the app.

I know there were the terror stories of LAS last year but I continue to have no trouble here.
SteveWhite88 likes this.
Old Feb 18, 2022, 4:25 am

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, UA Premier Platinum
Flew from LHR to DUB with BA on Monday 14th February and VeriFLY worked flawlessly. I wasn't sure if we'd have issues as my son was travelling on an infant ticket, and did not have a seat, but added him as a separate companion and all worked fine. Nice that the app recognised his age and didn't ask for vaccination proof etc. as he is exempt from that requirement.
Old Feb 18, 2022, 11:48 am

Programs: HH Diamond, Sixt Platinum, IHG Spire Ambassador, Marriott/SPG Gold .....
Hi,

I'm flying US - UK - Germany on BA. The US to UK I could enter, but when I chose Trip to Germany then BA doesn't appear in the drop down. While I assume that indicates that is not supported (yet) would it make any difference (aka make my life easier) if I use Verifly US - UK?
Old Feb 18, 2022, 12:11 pm
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by blitzen
Hi,

I'm flying US - UK - Germany on BA. The US to UK I could enter, but when I chose Trip to Germany then BA doesn't appear in the drop down. While I assume that indicates that is not supported (yet) would it make any difference (aka make my life easier) if I use Verifly US - UK?
Germany hasn't got many controls now, and will probably have fewer still in a few weeks. By doing US-UK you may find it easier to check-in and perhaps get a boarding pass. There isn't exactly a lot needed for the UK either, for that matter but it's a useful sanity check. Note that this will be decided over the weekend, but the UK may get rid of all restrictions next week too.
Crampedin13A and blitzen like this.
Old Feb 18, 2022, 12:31 pm

Originally Posted by ringingup
Yes, I couldn’t use it for my flight from TFS on Sunday.
Could you check-in online? thaks.
Old Feb 18, 2022, 2:25 pm

Can you check in online without using VeriFLY please?
Old Feb 18, 2022, 2:35 pm

Originally Posted by Moonstone1234
Can you check in online without using VeriFLY please?
Yes you can, but my experience is that you'll probably be asked by BA via email in advance to upload the relevant e-docs, such at Covid test results/proof of vaccination /destination country PLF etc, that need to be verified by BA before you are able to check in online. I'm sure someone else will have a more detailed response, but this is my experience of recent trips.
Old Feb 18, 2022, 2:55 pm

Thank you. We need to wait for our pcr test results as well.
Old Feb 18, 2022, 6:07 pm

Programs: DL DM/2MM, BA GGL/CCR,/GFL, A3 Gold, JBU Mosaic, ITA Executive, HHonors Diamond
Travelling LAS-LAX onwards to EU and Verifly OK all the way, I showed up to a very busy AA
LAS priority line.
AA checkin was perfectly fine with verifly , but did not manage to hand out the last onward BP to the final EU destination. The AA agent didn’t know why (just three weeks ago she could do it, on same itinerary)
So I decided to exit airside to BA checkin desk at LAX, which is typically an efficient and rather friendly outstation and where I know by name several agents.This because I had ample time, and the BA app was showing all sort of irregularities (from no reservation found to missing tkt number to the final dest., etc), so didn’t want any last minute hiccup at the gate. Boy, was that a mistake.

The BA agent was unwelcoming to say the least. She refused to see Verifly. She started a bit condescendingly ‘ OF COURSE we need to check you in for London first’. I showed my BP to LHR and said that the AA agent in Vegas advised me just to collect BP at gate in LAX, which was not attended as it was too early. These words caused some serious eye rolling and patronizing comments
She went ‘just show me all your documents if you want to fly to XXX’, ‘you’re coming from another airline, that’s why you don’t have the BP’ … She then proceeded to examine again all docs for the UK bound flight and for the EU bound flight. She misquoted the need for UK locator form for transit, but I had done one a anyways, just in case. She kept giving me the ‘I’m not sure’ look to any document i showed her.
As she didn’t care for verifly, she then asked me to pull out the physical vaccination card. Looking at the covid test, she kept asking over and over for explanations -are you sure?- I don’t see it- if it was an antigen test, even if the word ANTIGEN was in cubital letters.

Well OK, we are all tired of this, but i presume her shift had started not long before, as it was well over 4 hours from BA 280.
When I pointed out to her that she didn’t have to be confrontational as I was showing her all docs one by one, she lost it. She stopped, and said ‘you’ll deal with my manager now’.
She ran to the back office and came back with her manager, who was a bit puzzled as he couldn’t figure out why he was needed. The manager didn’t want to tell me why he was asked to come out and said ‘its a private conversation between me and the agent’, which I didn’t find very private, as I am BA customer and he's a BA manager. But anyways.
Sounds romantic, but I remember the time when there was a smile awaiting even when i was travelling the last row of economy. Now as a revenue F you’re made feel like it’s your fault you decided to travel.
Morale: Even with Verifly is hit or miss
Old Feb 19, 2022, 11:49 am

So, now that Verifly is unavailable for Spain departures, it seems that there’s no option to upload the UK PLF (whereas you can on the other way round, i.e. when flying to Spain). Does this mean there’s no OLCI and one has to go to the check in desk? I’m due to do some flights to/from BRU, LIN and BER and without this functionality it’s going to be quite a headache.
Old Feb 19, 2022, 11:56 am

Originally Posted by 13901
So, now that Verifly is unavailable for Spain departures, it seems that there’s no option to upload the UK PLF (whereas you can on the other way round, i.e. when flying to Spain). Does this mean there’s no OLCI and one has to go to the check in desk? I’m due to do some flights to/from BRU, LIN and BER and without this functionality it’s going to be quite a headache.
I had exactly the same problem early Feb for TFS so I contacted Verifly support and told them and then my airport and others I think were loaded within a couple of days, I don't know if it was coincidence or they genuinely didn't know they were missing routes but my reply said they had raised it with the appropriate department, so it might be worth a go.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.