Community
Wiki Posts
Search

VeriFLY experiences

Search this Thread

Old Jan 27, 2022, 3:01 am

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by BillyBleach
I have a trip to the US on Saturday the 29th. Tried to begin to upload some documents to VeriFLY and after entering the initial flight and personal details I get the error message -

Unable to save.
Please ensure you have an existing pass that contains the "Confident Traveler - USA" - "Passenger Details" requirement.

Which is odd as I am entering the details into the "Confident Traveler - USA" option

Anyone seen this? Any proposed resolution?

I have previously used VeriFLY successfully in recent months for Denmark and Spain, not the US though (not sure if this is a factor?)
FYI

This was not a timing issue. The error message remained all through to yesterday. Upon which I contacted VeriFLY who advised to delete the app, reinstall and recover your account, and start again.

it works fine now
Old Jan 27, 2022, 3:08 am

Programs: OW Emerald / BAEC Gold
My itinerary is PRG - LHR - MIA on February 18th and when i was flying to LAX in December the order of steps in checklist for the US trip was way different (vaccine passport, test, attestation) now it is attestation first and vaccine second. But that is not a problem. When I want to add the PRG - LHR leg the last date is 31st January and no more. I know about the restriction lifting in UK so it basically means that the verifly will no longer be needed for trips to the UK right? Or does the UK PLF for transit still needs to be filled?
Old Jan 27, 2022, 6:20 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by casey89
My itinerary is PRG - LHR - MIA on February 18th and when i was flying to LAX in December the order of steps in checklist for the US trip was way different (vaccine passport, test, attestation) now it is attestation first and vaccine second. But that is not a problem. When I want to add the PRG - LHR leg the last date is 31st January and no more. I know about the restriction lifting in UK so it basically means that the verifly will no longer be needed for trips to the UK right? Or does the UK PLF for transit still needs to be filled?
PLF's will be required for those entering the UK, but aren't needed for airside transit. You could decide to do it anyway, see post 1058 above. The 31 January date is just the last set of flights BA have loaded, normally they would add more dates by now, but it may be something they are leaving to the last moment.
Old Jan 27, 2022, 12:46 pm

A have a few questions. I have a booking next month which is MAN-LHR > LHR-JFK.

1. Should I get the Verifly app now or are you prompted to do this when you try to check-in online?

2. If Verifly fails to work, do you envison check-in at MAN T1 to be busy at around 4am on a Friday?

3. Which documents do Verifly require to check-in successfully?

Thank you
Old Jan 27, 2022, 1:06 pm
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by LSSI92
1. Should I get the Verifly app now or are you prompted to do this when you try to check-in online?
2. If Verifly fails to work, do you envison check-in at MAN T1 to be busy at around 4am on a Friday?
3. Which documents do Verifly require to check-in successfully?
You need a Lateral Flow or PCR the day before travel, so there is virtually nothing you can usefully do until say 5 days to departure. There may be changes to the requirements by then anyway. At that point upload your vaccine certificate, then do the online attestation, and finally upload the test result as soon as you have it. So if you were vaccinated by NHS England the only thing that typically is a flap is the test result. Upload for manual check, only some Collinson tests are automated. Try to ensure you have a clear match on paperwork and the ticketed name, OLCI may not work initially but after a few hours it may do so. MAN will be busy at that time, but they will be used to dealing with anyone not able to get VeriFLY working. I'd almost advocate arriving 75 minutes to departure since that at least limits your waiting time, and so long as you are in the queue they won't offload you.
LSSI92 likes this.
Old Jan 27, 2022, 1:26 pm

Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
You need a Lateral Flow or PCR the day before travel, so there is virtually nothing you can usefully do until say 5 days to departure. There may be changes to the requirements by then anyway. At that point upload your vaccine certificate, then do the online attestation, and finally upload the test result as soon as you have it. So if you were vaccinated by NHS England the only thing that typically is a flap is the test result. Upload for manual check, only some Collinson tests are automated. Try to ensure you have a clear match on paperwork and the ticketed name, OLCI may not work initially but after a few hours it may do so. MAN will be busy at that time, but they will be used to dealing with anyone not able to get VeriFLY working. I'd almost advocate arriving 75 minutes to departure since that at least limits your waiting time, and so long as you are in the queue they won't offload you.

That's great, thank you for the quick response. I appreciate it!
Old Jan 27, 2022, 3:00 pm

A quick one with a couple of questions if someone doesn't mind answering.

I'm planning to use Verifly as I don't want to have to check in at the airport as conscious my group could not end up sitting together (seats are far too expensive for my flight)

We are flying at 9.50 so we have booked Rapid Antigen Tests for 8am the day before with results within 15 minutes. This is to enable me to get the verifly process started as quickly as possible before online check in opens.

1. How long does it normally take to verify the test and vaccine documents uploaded ( I have booked with Express Cignpost)
2. I set up a new email to sort everything out for this holiday (my OCD!) everything will have the same email (tests, travel to the airport, estas) apart from my BA login as this is my original personal email I've had for ages and obviously my NHS login for covid passes. Is this likely to cause any issues or is it not worth worrying about. My only thought is that trying to check in online with BA with a verifly account under a different email.

Thanks.
Old Jan 27, 2022, 3:22 pm

Originally Posted by flyingmooser
1. How long does it normally take to verify the test and vaccine documents uploaded ( I have booked with Express Cignpost)
2. I set up a new email to sort everything out for this holiday (my OCD!) everything will have the same email (tests, travel to the airport, estas) apart from my BA login as this is my original personal email I've had for ages and obviously my NHS login for covid passes. Is this likely to cause any issues or is it not worth worrying about. My only thought is that trying to check in online with BA with a verifly account under a different email.
1. You will need to upload your test certificate for VeriFLY to manually check (the second option on the screen). This can take anywhere from 10 minutes to 4 hours. The latter was on a peak Friday before Christmas. Depending on your destination, the other things required are usually quick, or in the case of NHS QR codes for vaccinations, instant.
2. Not worth worrying about. Not sure I see the benefit in having multiple email addresses, it certainly not something I would do. But for OLCI versus VeriFLY it doesn't matter, it isn't part of the process.
Old Jan 27, 2022, 3:28 pm

Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
1. You will need to upload your test certificate for VeriFLY to manually check (the second option on the screen). This can take anywhere from 10 minutes to 4 hours. The latter was on a peak Friday before Christmas. Depending on your destination, the other things required are usually quick, or in the case of NHS QR codes for vaccinations, instant.
2. Not worth worrying about. Not sure I see the benefit in having multiple email addresses, it certainly not something I would do. But for OLCI versus VeriFLY it doesn't matter, it isn't part of the process.
Thankyou for the quick reply.

I know but as I'm organising and booking everything for a group of people I wanted to have it all in a separate place for easy access especially when we're in the US.

Out of interest how does BA link with your Verifly account? Is it something once you've got the green tick?
Old Jan 27, 2022, 3:34 pm

Out of interest how does BA link with your Verifly account? Is it something once you've got the green tick?
Well it's more that VeriFLY links to your BA booking. It sends over the confirmation by Surname, PNR, flight number, flight date of departure.
Old Jan 28, 2022, 2:37 pm

I have a flight back to the UK in the next week... Verifly still wants a test result uploaded 2.5 hours before departure. The requirement for this test was dropped a while ago, wasn't it?

rb211.
Old Jan 28, 2022, 2:41 pm

Originally Posted by RB211
I have a flight back to the UK in the next week... Verifly still wants a test result uploaded 2.5 hours before departure. The requirement for this test was dropped a while ago, wasn't it?

rb211.
Have you uploaded your vaccine certificate into the checklist? I did this last night to get my return trip ready (not even going for another couple of weeks) and as soon as I uploaded my QR code, the testing part of the app greyed out for the flight back and all I need to do is PLF
RB211 likes this.
Old Jan 28, 2022, 3:29 pm

Have you uploaded your vaccine certificate into the checklist? I did this last night to get my return trip ready (not even going for another couple of weeks) and as soon as I uploaded my QR code, the testing part of the app greyed out for the flight back and all I need to do is PLF
Not yet - Thanks - I will try that!

rb211.
Old Jan 28, 2022, 5:07 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver, IHG Diamond
Not yet - Thanks - I will try that!

rb211.
Just uploaded my vaccination certificate and it ticked the test result and went straight to the PLF. I'll do that later as havent the patience right now.
RB211 likes this.
Old Jan 28, 2022, 5:34 pm

Thanks, c-w-s, but this has to do with the time of the flight from the West Coast being in GMT. If you pick the correct date (i.e. date that actually matches your departure time/date converted to GMT) then one cannot do early check-in because the date of the flight and the Verifly date doesn't match. If one enters the prior date then one cannot do early check-in for some other indeterminate reason. So this isn't to do with test date/times, but with flight times it works out all by itself, but in GMT which messes up dates for West Coast flights! That's how it was in late December.

rb211.
It appears to be fixed, at least at the surface!

rb211.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.