VeriFLY experiences

Old Jan 9, 2022, 8:10 am

Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
In terms of potential changes to travel rules, February probably still counts as a long way off. So I wouldn't try too hard at this stage, you may end up making unnecessary arrangements. But you best do this on your own phones, though you can add family members to a single VeriFLY user. It just gets easier to show the Green tick at the end plus if one of your phones is successful then it's easier to check why the other phone hasn't worked out. You could enter this as LHR-PHL, there aren't requirements for domestic travel in the USA at the moment. I would look to start activities in this space about a week to departure.
Thanks for that. wasnt expecting to do too much till nearer the departure date but just thought its useful to have a play and see. Hoping there isnt any more changes (finally got tests sorted) but can only keep fingers crossed on this 🤞🏻
Old Jan 10, 2022, 2:20 am

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, Hilton Diamond *, IHG, Couples Romance Rewards
Can't use verifly?

Hello,

I've just been pinged by text to use verifly for an upcoming flight. Unfortunately verifly doesn't have the destination in its database (SEZ), it will accept Doha but as I'm only transiting there no specific documents are needed as i stay airside. The journey to SEZ is on a single PNR.

I assume that I will have to present docs at checkin but does anyone know what should be done in this situation?
Old Jan 10, 2022, 3:11 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
Quick question, when does verifly update its list of flight dates, in particular when can I expect February dates to be added?
Old Jan 10, 2022, 5:52 am

Programs: BAEC blue dust
Verifly successfully unlocked OLCI for my LCY-ZRH tomorrow. The app wasn't able to validate my Covid test certificate using the PDF I uploaded but accepted a picture of it just fine.
Old Jan 10, 2022, 6:18 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by firstlight
I've just been pinged by text to use verifly for an upcoming flight. Unfortunately verifly doesn't have the destination in its database (SEZ), it will accept Doha but as I'm only transiting there no specific documents are needed as i stay airside. The journey to SEZ is on a single PNR.
That ping is only seeing LGW-DOH, so by all means select Qatar and then see if it's easy to go along with any requirements shown there. If it's not, then as you indicate you'll have to deal with check-in at LGW.

Originally Posted by kanderson1965
Quick question, when does verifly update its list of flight dates, in particular when can I expect February dates to be added?
Two weeks is about as good as it gets, January's flights were only released about 27 December. They tend to put a couple of weeks worth at a time and in a way that is best given the frequent changes. It's best done a few days before departure.
kanderson1965 and firstlight like this.
Old Jan 10, 2022, 7:33 am

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, Hilton Diamond *, IHG, Couples Romance Rewards
Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
That ping is only seeing LGW-DOH, so by all means select Qatar and then see if it's easy to go along with any requirements shown there. If it's not, then as you indicate you'll have to deal with check-in at LGW.
...and a good job I checked as verify says Doha requires a PCR test no more than 72 hours before arrival in Doha (even for transit fully vaccinated passengers from the UK it appears) while SEZ requires a PCR test 72 hours before departure. Hopefully I can put my fit2fly test back a few hours from when I had it scheduled later today. That teaches me to be getting too casual about checking different country requirements!
Old Jan 12, 2022, 3:29 am

Programs: BA Exec Club Silver, IHG Platinum Elite, Qatar Privilege Club
Travelling to Dubai this evening, I got my PCR result at 21:10 last night. I loaded all the necessary info into Verifly and it was accepted and green ticked within 5 minutes. I then checked in online and printed the boarding passes. I noticed there was a tick on the pass and the words "We have checked your documentation and you are ready to fly" I hadn't seen that before.
Beergander likes this.
Old Jan 12, 2022, 5:53 pm

Programs: BA Gold, A3 *Gold
Good experiences with VeriFLY over the holiday period. I was sceptical after using it back in August and finding it was no use whatsoever, all documents were checked manually again anyway.

This time however checking into AA to Chicago/Vegas was enabled immediately after Veifly went green and no checks at all were needed at the airport. On return from LAX last weekend we again could check into BA immediately after going green, on this occasion though BA did ask to see our green VeriFLY passes at the airport, but again no document checks.

This was flying on Saturday arriving Sunday so 2 days after the pre flight test was dropped and on the actual day that day 2 tests were switched from PCR to lateral flow so I did wonder if the system would cope with the changing rules, it passed with flying colours!

You would have hoped it would have been this smooth earlier but great to see it actually saving time in the process now.
Old Jan 19, 2022, 4:17 am

Programs: BA Gold
I have a trip to the US on Saturday the 29th. Tried to begin to upload some documents to VeriFLY and after entering the initial flight and personal details I get the error message -

Unable to save.
Please ensure you have an existing pass that contains the "Confident Traveler - USA" - "Passenger Details" requirement.

Which is odd as I am entering the details into the "Confident Traveler - USA" option

Anyone seen this? Any proposed resolution?

I have previously used VeriFLY successfully in recent months for Denmark and Spain, not the US though (not sure if this is a factor?)
Old Jan 19, 2022, 4:42 am

Programs: BA GfL & GGL, FB Platinum, MB Titanium, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by BillyBleach
I have a trip to the US on Saturday the 29th. Tried to begin to upload some documents to VeriFLY and after entering the initial flight and personal details I get the error message -

Unable to save.
Please ensure you have an existing pass that contains the "Confident Traveler - USA" - "Passenger Details" requirement.

Which is odd as I am entering the details into the "Confident Traveler - USA" option

Anyone seen this? Any proposed resolution?

I have previously used VeriFLY successfully in recent months for Denmark and Spain, not the US though (not sure if this is a factor?)
I also have a trip to the US on 29 January and VeriFLY is telling me that it's too early to complete (start from 26 January) so I think you need to wait a week.
Old Jan 19, 2022, 6:40 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, IHG Diamond
Originally Posted by MaxFlyer
I also have a trip to the US on 29 January and VeriFLY is telling me that it's too early to complete (start from 26 January) so I think you need to wait a week.
Similar for me with a trip on the 28th.

Looks like we might still need day 2 tests.
Old Jan 19, 2022, 7:07 am

Programs: BA Gold
Oh ok, then I will wait a week and try again.
Old Jan 19, 2022, 7:44 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
I had my required Covid test this afternoon, and it was rhe last thing I needed to update to VeriFly. Have to say it has been a fantastic system, all documents verified quickly (I had the issue with slightly different first names on my vaccination certificate). Got my ticks, and checked in for the morning flight to JFK (5G depending!).
Old Jan 19, 2022, 8:08 am

Programs: Oneworld Emerald, EBG
I will fly a BA ticketed flight on IB metal from MAD to LHR. Iberia is not an option choosing the airline, only EI, AA and BA. However using the BA code share flight number doesnt work either.
Any suggestions ? Thanks
Old Jan 19, 2022, 10:51 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by sueco6
I will fly a BA ticketed flight on IB metal from MAD to LHR. Iberia is not an option choosing the airline, only EI, AA and BA. However using the BA code share flight number doesnt work either.
Any suggestions ? Thanks
This is an IB operated flight and since they aren't using VeriFLY on that route there isn't any point doing VeriFLY since IB won't take any notice of it. All you need - from an airline perspective - is a completed PLF so I can well see why IB don't want the added complexity.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.