Community
Wiki Posts
Search

VeriFLY experiences

Search this Thread

Old Jan 7, 2022, 7:06 am

Originally Posted by DorsetKnob
Anyone know how long it takes for Verifly to update in BAs systems?

Answered my own question...... flight booked, veriflyed & checked in ..... 10 mins
My experience (when it all worked) was less than 10 minutes, but I don't know if it's a "real-time" update or batched.

rb211.
Old Jan 7, 2022, 7:15 am
formerly JackDann

Originally Posted by JackDann
Can anyone help with what the experience is for Countries that are not on VeriFly when Checking-In from outside of LHR/LGW. I've got a trip next week to Thailand with my journey starting at BHD - I'm assuming they have a way of checking what documentation is required so that we can complete the check-in process without the need to do anything else at Heathrow? I'll be sure to leave enough time as there are usually only 1/2 Agents working on the BA Check In.
Sorry to bump this again - but just wondering what others experiences have been?
Old Jan 8, 2022, 3:54 am

Originally Posted by IHateLHR
By way of update, we ended up using the actual flight date, so that we could upload the test result. That meant the app said the flight times were completely wrong (a day ahead in UK times) but we got the green ticks and were able to check in online successfully.
Thanks for the update, that's good to know for next time!
Old Jan 8, 2022, 4:45 am

Programs: BA Gold
Email from BA today:
"Before your trip to the USA, you must complete the following: Add your advanced passenger information, including mandatory US contact tracing information in Manage My Booking. Next, download the VeriFLY app to complete the mandatory attestation and upload your proof of vaccination and test results....."
Bit surprised that they are including veriFLY with 'must complete the following'.
Old Jan 8, 2022, 6:48 am

Programs: BA Gold, LH FTL, KL/AF Ivory
My latest experience with Verifly was a little mixed. I completed the entire process, was given a green light and allowed to do on-line check-in. On arrival at T5 I was directed from the Executive Club line (which was long and not moving) to the automatic bag-drop next door. I scanned my boarding pass and had to have a supervisor continue the process. Apparently there was an issue with my passport being checked.
The staff who came over did so very quickly and were friendly and helpful, but I thought the whole purpose of Verifly was that it checked all your documentation and not just random bits of it, so you didn't have to spend time at check-in doing so again.
Old Jan 8, 2022, 7:13 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by catandmouse
The staff who came over did so very quickly and were friendly and helpful, but I thought the whole purpose of Verifly was that it checked all your documentation and not just random bits of it, so you didn't have to spend time at check-in doing so again.
VeriFLY doesn't check passport details, so if your destination requires a specific check on that then VeriFLY won't help that aspect - and that's an issue which is pre-Pandemic, hence the Visa Check desks.
Old Jan 8, 2022, 7:34 am

Programs: Plat Pro AAdvantage, but defected to BAEC
Tried to check in for my LHR-SAN flight about an hour ago. No joy.

i had uploaded my test results to Verifly about 3 hrs ago. I got the All OK in Verifly in less than a minute and my green ticks. When trying to check in with BA, I got the “Before your trip to the USA, you must complete the following: Add your advanced passenger information, including mandatory US contact tracing information in Manage My Booking...”

i had already made sure my info was all there prior to beginning the check in process. For some strange reason, upon checking during the check in process, my passport expiration date was showing that of my green card. I corrected that and proceeded with checking in, only to be told at the end that I couldn’t check in online 😪
Old Jan 8, 2022, 7:54 am

Programs: BA GfL & GGL, FB Platinum, MB Titanium, Hilton Diamond
Maybe due to visa checks being required in person.
Old Jan 8, 2022, 8:03 am

Programs: Plat Pro AAdvantage, but defected to BAEC
Update... used the BA app on my phone about 5 mins ago and I was able to check in online. I did get the message about having to have passport, etc. checked at the airport.
Old Jan 8, 2022, 2:53 pm

Originally Posted by Reetmafreen
...i had uploaded my test results to Verifly about 3 hrs ago. I got the All OK in Verifly in less than a minute and my green ticks. When trying to check in with BA, I got the “Before your trip to the USA, you must complete the following: Add your advanced passenger information, including mandatory US contact tracing information in Manage My Booking...”

i had already made sure my info was all there prior to beginning the check in process. For some strange reason, upon checking during the check in process, my passport expiration date was showing that of my green card. I corrected that and proceeded with checking in, only to be told at the end that I couldn’t check in online 😪
Same here. Qured and veriFLY were insainly quick (about 1 min to get the certificate and then about 1min to get the veriFLY ticks). Then, my API was fine, but Mrs CKBAs API although filled in, kept loosing the information. So still couldn't do OLCI.

Update: left it for an hour or so, tried again on the BA App on my phone (rather than windows/firefox). OLCI was still complaining about lack of info for Mrs CKBA - so I inputted address and GC again, then it came up with something along the lines of 'cannot find any travel authorisation for this passport' - or similar. However, clicked on the check-in button and it checked in Mrs CKBA, but not me - saying it needed a passport check. Around the loop again, it then checked me in too. Weird/flakey... .

Update#2: Okay, App says I'm checked in, but double checking on the BA website - it says I'm not checked in and requires more passport information, go to the API, and all is okay..., but still not checked in on their web site, but checked in on the App . Defo weird/flakey.

Last edited by CKBA; Jan 9, 2022 at 12:58 am
Old Jan 8, 2022, 6:09 pm

I don't really understand why Verifly has to be green, and somehow have MMB be happy with it too, in order to check-in. It doesn't really bother me that much, but that's due to advanced seat selection. If I didn't have advanced seat selection, and my Verifly was green, but still couldn't check-in (as happened to me about a week ago) I'd be really quite unhappy!

rb211.
MaxFlyer likes this.
Old Jan 9, 2022, 3:49 am

Programs: BA Silver
Ignore - sorry

Last edited by graemesmith1960; Jan 9, 2022 at 3:54 am
Old Jan 9, 2022, 6:53 am

Verily Questions

This will be the 1st time I’ve had to use Verifly so wanted to check a few things, been having a play but our flight dates (03/02/2022) aren’t showing yet. Booking is via BA and mixture of BA/AA flights

If we are flying from LHR - MCO via PHI then do we put flight information for LON - PHI on the verifly app for our flight entry even though it’s not the final destination. ( The question on their website seems to indicate you can but I cant see how as it shows no flights for LHR-MCO for American Airlines)

Can I do the verification for me and hubby or does he need to set himself up on Verifly as well.

This thread has been helpful so far but these are last things to sort out now we’ve paid the balance to definitely go and have the Antigen test booked for day prior so wanted Verifly ready to go so we can input the result and hopefully get our green ticks.
Old Jan 9, 2022, 6:57 am

The main issue I have with verfly is that does require a fair degree of IT competance. Have worked with computers practically the whole of my life (since 70's), I do wonder whether I'll manage in the future - too many geeks adjusting this, tweaking that to justify their existance. Keep to the KISS principle.... . (Once ecerything was uploaded it was quite good today - saving BA time at the expense of my time).
Old Jan 9, 2022, 7:33 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by Ipswich1984
Can I do the verification for me and hubby or does he need to set himself up on Verifly as well.
In terms of potential changes to travel rules, February probably still counts as a long way off. So I wouldn't try too hard at this stage, you may end up making unnecessary arrangements. But you best do this on your own phones, though you can add family members to a single VeriFLY user. It just gets easier to show the Green tick at the end plus if one of your phones is successful then it's easier to check why the other phone hasn't worked out. You could enter this as LHR-PHL, there aren't requirements for domestic travel in the USA at the moment. I would look to start activities in this space about a week to departure.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.