VeriFLY experiences

Old Dec 6, 2021, 9:00 pm

Programs: BAEC
Everything uploaded with no issues, well a small one. Will see tomorrow morning how it works.
Old Dec 7, 2021, 1:16 am

Programs: BAGGL, A3G, Accor Gold, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond, LHW Sterling
It was being used at MEX airport this weekend and worked very well.
Old Dec 7, 2021, 5:20 am

Programs: BA Gold, EI, VS
A quick data point about our trip LHR-BGI on 26 Nov and BGI-LHR on 05 Dec. Verifly worked fine for me with my wife as an additional traveller for both legs. This was before the new pre-departure testing on return from BGI. No requirement to show the verifly green ticks at LHR, but was asked for them at BGI and accepted without questions.
Old Dec 7, 2021, 6:19 am

Programs: AA EXP; BoNVoY Tit LTP
Just a quick note that my Dec 6 trip LIN-LHR-IAD I got both Verifly trips done on Dec 5 and was able to download boarding passes on my phone. There was a mild issue at LHR (the electronic gates would not let me through) but a human passport check (and Verifly code) got me on my way.
Old Dec 7, 2021, 7:20 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by ckendall
Just a quick note that my Dec 6 trip LIN-LHR-IAD I got both Verifly trips done on Dec 5 and was able to download boarding passes on my phone. There was a mild issue at LHR (the electronic gates would not let me through) but a human passport check (and Verifly code) got me on my way.
At LHR T5 for USA destinations, all passports have to be physically scanned, or manually entered into, Ready to Fly. That's a pre-pandemic issue, to do with how Ready to Fly is designed to work. At other places, notably T3, it can be done at the gate or lounge, it only takes a few seconds, but at T5, going through that initial gate is supposed to give a ready-to-fly status to the passenger that lasts until they get on the aircraft. There is of course a visual check of passports before getting on board, but that's to ensure there hasm't been any boarding pass swaps. But it's nothing to do VeriFLY or the pandemic.
GWFan likes this.
Old Dec 7, 2021, 7:25 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Tuesday update - departures arriving in the UK

VeriFLY has now been updated, and the typical workflow is now
1) Vaccination certificate - this can be done well before departure
2) COVID-19 Test Review - the 2 days before travel (typically 60 or so hours from depature, depending on departure time)
3) PLF / Travel Authorization = 48 hours before arrival, scan of the PLF's code OR upload of the PDF.
4) General assurance of holding a passport etc.
I can see 2 and 3 can be done in either order. 4 has to be last.
Old Dec 7, 2021, 8:17 am

Programs: MAR AMB, WOH Explorist, AA EXP, UA 2P
VeriFLY working fine for our flight to LHR tomorrow; however the upload to MMB for our connection appears to be proper mucked up.
Old Dec 7, 2021, 9:00 am

double post

Last edited by ckendall; Dec 7, 2021 at 9:41 am Reason: double post
Old Dec 7, 2021, 9:00 am

Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
At LHR T5 for USA destinations, all passports have to be physically scanned, or manually entered into, Ready to Fly. That's a pre-pandemic issue, to do with how Ready to Fly is designed to work. At other places, notably T3, it can be done at the gate or lounge, it only takes a few seconds, but at T5, going through that initial gate is supposed to give a ready-to-fly status to the passenger that lasts until they get on the aircraft. There is of course a visual check of passports before getting on board, but that's to ensure there hasm't been any boarding pass swaps. But it's nothing to do VeriFLY or the pandemic.
Thanks; my passport was looked at in LIN, and I have not had the issue at LHR on many previous flights. There was another guy from my LIN flight with apparently the same issue so maybe something was not done in LIN.
Old Dec 7, 2021, 9:22 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
Tuesday update - departures arriving in the UK

VeriFLY has now been updated, and the typical workflow is now
1) Vaccination certificate - this can be done well before departure
2) COVID-19 Test Review - the 2 days before travel (typically 60 or so hours from depature, depending on departure time)
3) PLF / Travel Authorization = 48 hours before arrival, scan of the PLF's code OR upload of the PDF.
4) General assurance of holding a passport etc.
I can see 2 and 3 can be done in either order. 4 has to be last.
I have noticed that the bug regarding supported digital test certificates has not been fixed, it still shows supported vaccination certificates instead when you click on the orange link at the bottom of the page.
Old Dec 7, 2021, 9:27 am

I suspect that tomorrow's going to be the first time I can't use VeriFLY. I've booked an airport LFT test at ExpressTest and as soon as I get the results I'll be queueing to check my bags in for Thursday's morning flight to NCE.
Old Dec 7, 2021, 9:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
I keep getting the message "not complete" even though when i click it says complete. The "step 4" checks get unchecked, I check them again and submit and still get all set, but then going back it lands back to not complete. No idea what is wrong with the bloody thing. This is the first part (to LHR connection) of a US trip (the second part is fine and I have done the PLF for the UK too even though I do not think it is supposed to be needed for airside connections).
Old Dec 7, 2021, 9:57 am

Originally Posted by orbitmic
I keep getting the message "not complete" even though when i click it says complete. The "step 4" checks get unchecked, I check them again and submit and still get all set, but then going back it lands back to not complete. No idea what is wrong with the bloody thing. This is the first part (to LHR connection) of a US trip (the second part is fine and I have done the PLF for the UK too even though I do not think it is supposed to be needed for airside connections).
Do you get the Green Tick / Ready to Fly screen with a slighly oversized photo of yourself on it? That's the usual end point.
Old Dec 7, 2021, 10:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Do you get the Green Tick / Ready to Fly screen with a slighly oversized photo of yourself on it? That's the usual end point.
I had the photo but it was greyed and it said "not complete" and click here to complete. When I clicked, it said... all info was complete and I was ready to go.

Pragmatically, I ended up cancelling the trip (on verifly, not the actual trip), doing it all over again (waste of time, but hey) and it worked fully second time round! No idea what went wrong first time round as I had green ticks on every thing in the checklist and used all same info and documents.
Old Dec 7, 2021, 11:09 am

Programs: BAEC
Verifly worked as advertised. Only asked to see PP at check in. Was done in no time

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.