Community
Wiki Posts
Search

VeriFLY experiences

Search this Thread

Old Nov 18, 2021, 11:40 am

Programs: BAEC
Just received the approval for our Covid vaccine cards, took just over an hour. My question is, will I have to reload the covid vaccine for my return trip or will verifly carry it over? Can't do anything for return flight as the dates are not yet available on Verifly.
Old Nov 18, 2021, 2:13 pm
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by BXK_Oz
Just received the approval for our Covid vaccine cards, took just over an hour. My question is, will I have to reload the covid vaccine for my return trip or will verifly carry it over? Can't do anything for return flight as the dates are not yet available on Verifly.
Unfortunately though there is a My Documents area to store things like this, and though VeriFLY have said they are considering this, at this stage it isn't there. If returning to the UK then VeriFLY generally requires a vaccine record and a PLF scan. So if you aren't taking a PC with you, maybe print out the Covid Pass or get the NHS 119 certificates posted to you.
Old Nov 18, 2021, 2:39 pm

Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
Unfortunately though there is a My Documents area to store things like this, and though VeriFLY have said they are considering this, at this stage it isn't there. If returning to the UK then VeriFLY generally requires a vaccine record and a PLF scan. So if you aren't taking a PC with you, maybe print out the Covid Pass or get the NHS 119 certificates posted to you.
It is no big deal. I will upload them, when my return travel date shows up on Verifly. I will have my ipad with me to do the return to US attestations.
Old Nov 18, 2021, 2:47 pm

Programs: BAEC bouncing from Blue to Gold to Blue VSFC Red CXGreen Club Accor Platinum Hilton Silver.
Originally Posted by BXK_Oz
It is no big deal. I will upload them, when my return travel date shows up on Verifly. I will have my ipad with me to do the return to US attestations.
Not quite the same issue but having just returned from the USA and trying to input for my next visit on the 1st Dec the date scale only goes up to 30th Nov and it's been that way for nearly a week. Anyone else had this issue. as a P.S. I didn't use Verifly for my trip home I wonder if that's has caused the issue.

John
Old Nov 18, 2021, 2:59 pm
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by thejohn
Not quite the same issue but having just returned from the USA and trying to input for my next visit on the 1st Dec the date scale only goes up to 30th Nov and it's been that way for nearly a week. Anyone else had this issue. as a P.S. I didn't use Verifly for my trip home I wonder if that's has caused the issue.
Before we had this 30 November timeframe, there were complaints (upthread) that BA hadn't opened the window beyond 15 November, the previous limit. I tihnk it got to 5 days before BA enabled another 2 weeks of input. So I fear you may have another week to go.
thejohn likes this.
Old Nov 18, 2021, 3:12 pm

Originally Posted by Tobias-UK
The attestation does not require a signature if submitted via VeriFLY. Once the COVID test has been uploaded and accepted, you then move on to the attestation. You answer the two questions and submit the attestation - and that’s it. You get the green tick and no signature needed.
Yes, I probably need to highlight and explain this. VeriFLY has changed recently in this space.

So the CDC Attestation is available via Google for people to print and fill in, and upthread there are some posts about adding a signature on the PDF. But VeriFLY has the Attestation built into the App.

So if you are going to the USA on VeriFLY the sequence is
- add your vaccination record as soon as the flight available on VeriFLY - typically 1 to 3 weeks before departure.
- add your test result when you have it, in the 3 calendar days before departure. VeriFLY will typically take 30 to 60 minutes to approve this.
- Once you received an email or notification from VeriFLY you can then click the built in attestation in the App
- If all goes well you then have the green tick pass and a few hours later BA will be aware that this side of documentation is OK
- OLCI will then hopefully work, but as with pre-pandemic, if there isn't a boarding pass don't worry too much, so long as you can OLCI. But mostly you will then get a boarding pass
- At T5, with Ready to Fly, there will typically be a document check (scan of passport, scan of visa if applicable) since otherwise you may be blocked at gates before security. That was of course the pre-pandemic situaiton.

There is a slight issue as to what one would do if asked to show your attestation - it's not visible in the App other than a tick to show it was done. Mostly that would be fine, but the cautious may want to print a copy anyway.

I successfully used a Randox PCR Day 8 test, that I had spare, for my VeriFLY. So that is a home test sent by Royal Mail to Randox in Northern Ireland, they gave me a Day2 / Day 8 negative certificate for PCRs, and that worked fine. So I suspect any Randox PCR - pre departure, day2, day8, non flight - will work since it's essentially the same certificate. It had to go the manual route, but it was approved in 20 minutes. So for those visiting the UK for a short visit and returning to the USA, this means that you can book a day2 test to satisfy the UK side, and then recycle the test certificate for the return to America.
Old Nov 18, 2021, 11:26 pm

Today's anecdote. Both myself and wife had our Verify passes whilst checking in at EDI with JFK as the final destination. The staff would go by the Verifly attestation but vaccine and test proof had to be shown.

Some American travellers next to us were kicking off (obnoxiously) about this and claimed they hadn't received anything else from their test company but had been approved by Verifly. Nonsense, most likely.
Anyway I overhead one of the staff say Verifly is effectively a waste of time and they regularly accept non valid documents so aren't trusted without actual documents to hand.
​​​
Old Nov 19, 2021, 11:07 am

Programs: DL DIA, BA Gold
Having flown constantly the last year with Delta internationally between US/UK/EU I finally am experiencing the mess that BA is in comparison when it comes to Covid. I got an email basically inferring I had to use Verifly to upload documents otherwise I couldn't do online checkin on a first class ticket. Basically coercion and they should state in large print it is not required. Against better judgement I loaded the app. Total wast of time loading documents to find out at the end BA still won't let me checkin online even with a "ready to travel" mark so it is a total waste of my time and offers no value at all. All Verify seems to do is take your personal information store it in another country and nothing else. I would advise everyone to just present paper docs as usual at airport if you are checking in luggage and save yourself wasted time and stress and one less place to misuse your personal information.
FFlash likes this.
Old Nov 20, 2021, 3:09 am

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, Hilton Diamond *, IHG, Couples Romance Rewards
So verifly immediately accepted my shiny new nhs triple-pfizerred vaccination travel certificate (scan the booster shot QR code) with no complaint. Good work since the nhs only updated the app yesterday.

The printed certificate now runs to 2 pages suspect in 2024 it will be about 10 when we've had our 20th booster dose...
davork likes this.
Old Nov 20, 2021, 5:21 am

Programs: AY, SK, TK
Originally Posted by jtatlanta
Having flown constantly the last year with Delta internationally between US/UK/EU I finally am experiencing the mess that BA is in comparison when it comes to Covid. I got an email basically inferring I had to use Verifly to upload documents otherwise I couldn't do online checkin on a first class ticket. Basically coercion and they should state in large print it is not required. Against better judgement I loaded the app. Total wast of time loading documents to find out at the end BA still won't let me checkin online even with a "ready to travel" mark so it is a total waste of my time and offers no value at all. All Verify seems to do is take your personal information store it in another country and nothing else. I would advise everyone to just present paper docs as usual at airport if you are checking in luggage and save yourself wasted time and stress and one less place to misuse your personal information.
This. I’ve done all good and green but still cannot checkin online. And I will have barely an hour connection that I need to make for the separate checkin. So frustrated and annoyed.
Old Nov 20, 2021, 6:02 am
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club, easyJet and Ryanair

Programs: BA Gold (GGL/CCR)
Originally Posted by FFlash
This. I’ve done all good and green but still cannot checkin online. And I will have barely an hour connection that I need to make for the separate checkin. So frustrated and annoyed.
Then VeriFLY will speed up the checkin process at the airport. The inability to check in may not necessarily be VeriFLY related but being VeriFLYed will certainly speed up the checkin process for you and those passengers behind you waiting to check in.
Old Nov 22, 2021, 1:31 pm

BA has uploaded December into Verifly. Had to manually load vaccine certificates and they were authorized in less than two minutes. No issues with that.
Old Nov 23, 2021, 4:36 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, IHG Diamond
Did try uploading my Covid vaccination thing from the NHS app for Dec SOF flight, but it complained about more than 2 barcodes (have a recovery certificate attached, and all were accepted straightaway for a US flight).
Might have to go manual here?

Do I need to use Verifly when coming back from the US to the UK? AA emailed me yesterday recommending its usage.
Old Nov 23, 2021, 5:06 am

Vaccinations are very different from recovery certifcates, the latter relates to testing. So just upload either the second vaccination primary dose certicate, or the booster certificate, and it should be an automated yes. If you had a booster in the last 2 weeks then forget that for the time being and use just the second primary dose instead.

For AA I'm fairly sure it's the same as BA, namely they do want you to use VeriFLY. In the case of BA it then allows you to get the OLCI and boarding pass sorted out, so you just need to show VerFLY at the gate just before boarding. AA, I suspect, won't give a boarding pass until the airport, but they still very much use VeriFLY. If vaccinated, you just need to submit one vaccine certificate, as above, and the scan of the PLF, the latter you will only get within 48 hours of departure. The checklist will mention pre-flight testing, but that's not needed if vaccinated and will clear once the vaccine certificate is loaded.
Old Nov 23, 2021, 5:48 am

Programs: BA Gold , Mucci recipient. Coffee Drinker, Blue Sky Thinker
Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
I successfully used a Randox PCR Day 8 test, that I had spare, for my VeriFLY. So that is a home test sent by Royal Mail to Randox in Northern Ireland, they gave me a Day2 / Day 8 negative certificate for PCRs, and that worked fine. So I suspect any Randox PCR - pre departure, day2, day8, non flight - will work since it's essentially the same certificate. It had to go the manual route, but it was approved in 20 minutes. So for those visiting the UK for a short visit and returning to the USA, this means that you can book a day2 test to satisfy the UK side, and then recycle the test certificate for the return to America.
I am a little confused by this.. I understood that whatever test I use to get into the US must be supervised and presumably this was something you did yourself? The reason I ask is I have 2 x Chronomics tests and would like to use them flying from Barbados to Miami but as they are not supervised (other than by my wife of course) I assumed they are not sufficient for my needs.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.