Community
Wiki Posts
Search

VeriFLY experiences

Search this Thread

Old Nov 10, 2021, 1:33 am

Programs: BAEC Silver
Likewise a postive report from me from a recent trip to DXB, I was able to get a green tick from Verifly for both outbound and inbound journeys. For the return I scanned in the UK PLF form and I was good to go, I had no problems checking in online and generating an electronic boarding pass (I noticed a long queue at BA check-in at DXB which I was very happy to be able to avoid). For the record, I used Express Test in Reading for the Fit-to-Fly PCR and C19 Testing online for the antigen on my return. In both cases negative results came back within hours.
Old Nov 10, 2021, 2:15 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, IHG Diamond
Originally Posted by Lucanesque
I was wondering the same, but if you look further down the page on the CDC site at the FAQs it's quite clear about lack of documentation requiring you to have a test unfortunately.

"If you have had a positive viral test on a sample taken during the past 90 days, and you have met the criteria to end isolation, you may travel instead with your positive viral test results and a signed letter from a licensed healthcare provider or a public health official that states you have been cleared for travel. The positive test result and letter together are referred to as “documentation of recovery.”A letter from your healthcare provider or a public health official that clears you to end isolation, e.g., to return to work or school, can be used to show you are cleared to travel, even if travel isn’t specifically mentioned in the letter. The letter must have information that identifies you personally (e.g., name and date of birth) that matches the personal identifiers on your passport or other travel documents. The letter must be signed and dated on official letterhead that contains the name, address, and phone number of the healthcare provider or public health official who signed the letter.

If you have recovered from COVID-19 but are not able to obtain documentation of recovery that fulfills the requirements, you will need to show a negative COVID-19 viral test result from a sample taken no more than 3 days (or 1 day if you are not fully vaccinated) before your flight to the US departs."
What is the definition of a licensed healthcare professional etc. for a recovery certificate?
Should I have issues with a lateral flow test, this will be my fall back.

Would Test & Trace fit this criteria or something in the NHS app?
Old Nov 10, 2021, 8:47 am

Programs: BAEC
I think it would be a great idea if you could scan your documents before hand. My flight is on 7/12, so it is not showing on Verifly at this time. The system now stores documentation, as we were told by Verifly. Only thing left to do would be to enter your PLF two days before your departure.
Old Nov 10, 2021, 12:06 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, IHG Spire Elite
I have done everything required on VeriFLY and have a green tick. Sadly I’m still unable to check in for my flight to JFK tomorrow.

I guess that means I’ll be joining the queue at the first wing in the morning as my timing coincides with reports of large queues.
Old Nov 10, 2021, 1:57 pm
hmv

How about connecting flights like AMS-LHR-ORD? I put it in as trip to the UK and as trip to the USA?
Old Nov 10, 2021, 2:55 pm

Originally Posted by CH_flyer
Just as a side note there's a Verifly option for Switzerland (only when flying BA) - used it sucessfully recently when returning to ZRH via LHR
Ah ok; BA emailed me multiple times about it when flying to London but not before my LCY-ZRH flight. However, I didn't need to show any documents to anyone (including proof of vaccination) so maybe that's why they didn't plug it.

I did fill in the electronic Swiss PLF though, so maybe it's all co-ordinated somehow.
Old Nov 10, 2021, 3:13 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, Nandos
I’m a bit confused about what I need for my trip to and from Hamburg is there any easy place to find out what docs/tests I need to show? Or if I’m even allowed in??

(triple vaxxd & double vaxxd travelling on25 Nov with BA to HAM, returning 28 Nov)

if anyone can provide a hand I’d be most grateful
Old Nov 10, 2021, 3:34 pm
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by xenole
What is the definition of a licensed healthcare professional etc. for a recovery certificate?
Should I have issues with a lateral flow test, this will be my fall back.

Would Test & Trace fit this criteria or something in the NHS app?
The UK terminology is a registered healthcare professional, someone on the clinical registers. So a doctor, nurse, and a long list of other clinical jobs. Under the NHS system, doctors don't have to write these letters, many refuse point blank to do them. A private GP will definitely write one for you for a fee. However you can try out a free NHS Lateral Flow test say tomorrow and see what it says, surely?
Old Nov 10, 2021, 3:40 pm
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by TPRun
I’m a bit confused about what I need for my trip to and from Hamburg is there any easy place to find out what docs/tests I need to show? Or if I’m even allowed in??

(triple vaxxd & double vaxxd travelling on25 Nov with BA to HAM, returning 28 Nov)

if anyone can provide a hand I’d be most grateful
Just add a dummy entry into VeriFLY and it will tell you what VeriFLY needs. Esssentially a vaccination certificate in your case, and the NHS certificates are read in automatically by VeriFLY. [Only Aer Lingus and AA use VeriFLY for trips to Germany, it should be pointed out, not BA].
Old Nov 11, 2021, 12:17 am

Programs: BA Gold, LH SEN , A3*G & others less exciting that don't fit in my wallet
Verifly does work now for BA LCY-Dublin flights ( about six weeks ago when I posted above they sent out many nagging emails/texts to use it but it was impossible to do so as only BA LHR-DUB flights were listed, nothing for CityFlyer from LCY )

I imagine it won't make any different whether I've used it or not ( last time despite not filling anything in OLCI was available and there wasn't any meaningful document checking ) .. but if you want to you now can for LCY - DUB .. and for Irish flights it takes no time to complete as you only need the QR code from the Irish locator form which seems to scan no problem.
Old Nov 11, 2021, 11:19 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, IHG Diamond
Verifly is working for my US flight in 2 weeks time (setting things up ready). Photo could be worse, but hey!

Downloaded a PDF of my Covid vaccination passes / status, and my Covid recovery certificate is on the same PDF.
Can't go any further without a allergen test.

The attestation form under no.3 that needs to be filled in up to 72hrs beforehand.
Does BA provide their own form to fill in online? Think Virgin do.
Old Nov 11, 2021, 2:02 pm

Good experience today at Malaga slight glance at our Verifly with a pleased smile and nothing else required.
Old Nov 11, 2021, 3:00 pm

Originally Posted by xenole
Verifly is working for my US flight in 2 weeks time (setting things up ready). Photo could be worse, but hey!

Downloaded a PDF of my Covid vaccination passes / status, and my Covid recovery certificate is on the same PDF.
Can't go any further without a allergen test.

The attestation form under no.3 that needs to be filled in up to 72hrs beforehand.
Does BA provide their own form to fill in online? Think Virgin do.
I had a look around both BA.com and the trade site. There are a few paragaphs on BA.com about USA entry restrictions, where if BA had their own attestation they would have put a link, but the essence was "use VeriFLY". VeriFLY accepts this version, which you can click, sign (I wouldn't use the Adobe Digital Signature) and print to PDF :

https://www.cdc.gov/quarantine/pdf/N...sclose-508.pdf
Old Nov 12, 2021, 6:02 am

Any advice on signing an online form?

At home I'm happy to complete it, print it out, sign it and scan it back in - but not so much when not at home.
Old Nov 12, 2021, 6:25 am

Originally Posted by SandLake
Any advice on signing an online form?

At home I'm happy to complete it, print it out, sign it and scan it back in - but not so much when not at home.
Connect a mouse (a digital pen is better if you have one set up). It can be done with a finger on the touch pad, maybe not so well. Open the CDC document in Adobe Acrobat Reader, save the document under a new name first (e.g. with "signed" on the end), click on Sign or Fill and Sign, and follow the instructions, but not for the digital signature. If you already have an image of your signature there is an Image option for uplioading that, more details in Adobe's Help area. Save again on the same "signed" filename. You'll screw up the first few attempts, so don't save those versions and revert back to the first copy.
rayfes, SandLake and ENTP like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.