VeriFLY experiences

Old Nov 1, 21, 10:24 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, VS Red, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by EvilDoctorK View Post
And yesterday afternoon at LCA the check in agent was very happy to look at the verify App and didn't need anything else .. So weird they're not pushing usage of it when it seems to work well.

Following my usual strategy of turning up late for the flight there was no queue anyway at T-70 minutes checkin was deserted so didn't make much difference either way of course , but presumably could have helped out earlier on when there would have been more queues
We came back just over a week ago and the agent didn't even look at Verifly, she saw that we had both generated boarding passes so asked if we had uploaded all our documents, we said yes, she then just checked in the bags and off we went! Queue behind us couldn't believe it, thought we were VIPs or something!
Old Nov 1, 21, 6:00 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver; Hilton Diamond;a miscellany of other hotel non-statuses
Quick experience of NOT using VeriFLY in case it helps anyone .

It seemed like too much hassle to sign up for yet another app for the only flight currently planned since we had to use a desk to drop bags anyway. All went fine at CE desk. Agent with probably too many countries to juggle had a quick look at printed NHS COVID passes and proceeded to do bags and BPs just like normal. Felt like a bit of a win not to be juggling one more phone app.
Silver Fox likes this.
Old Nov 2, 21, 12:44 pm
formerly fdemoulin

Programs: SPG Lifetime Platinum, BA Silver, Virgin Flying Club Red
It does seem an extra hassle. Downloaded the app and registered, then tried to plan my trip to log, got caught out at the first hurdle as the airline list only scrolled to AA or EI. no way to typ in BA. Complete waste of time. Just so fed up with so many online forms to fill. Either there is a glitch at verily or I must be stupid!
Old Nov 2, 21, 12:49 pm
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
BA is very definitely on the drop down list on the one I have, and I have also used it for BA previously. It does sound very odd it isn't on your one?
Old Nov 2, 21, 1:31 pm

Programs: BA GGL, AA LTP, Marriott (sigh) Ambassador, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by fdem View Post
It does seem an extra hassle. Downloaded the app and registered, then tried to plan my trip to log, got caught out at the first hurdle as the airline list only scrolled to AA or EI. no way to typ in BA. Complete waste of time. Just so fed up with so many online forms to fill. Either there is a glitch at verily or I must be stupid!
it depends the route you are flying.

it isnt for every flight to/from the UK for example my UK to Italy flight verifly is not available and only shows aer lingus. so in this instance i uploaded my docs to the BA site. however when i return from italy to the UK, verifly will be an option and BA will show from the menu.

it took me a few trips to understand this as it is not obvious that verifly w BA is only meant to work on some, not all routes in each direction.
Oaxaca likes this.
Old Nov 2, 21, 2:20 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage, Travel Safety/Security & Texas, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, HHonors, Hertz
I used Verifly for checking in for my CHQ-LHR-AUS flights over the weekend.

When I checked in at CHQ, the agent asked if I had PLF's for the UK and the US. I showed her the one for the UK (I asked the hotel to print it out for me). Then she asked for the US; I told her that there wasn't one, and I had uploaded docs to Verifly. That seemed to stump her. She went away for a bit, and came back with a printout of an attestation document for entering the US. I thanked her and put it in my travel portfolio. She gave me boarding passes for both CHQ-LHR and LHR-AUS.

They didn't ask for anything when I entered the UK. I used my passport for the e-gates, and went off to my hotel for the night.
When I checked my bags the next day for LHR-AUS, I handed the agent the boarding pass that I was given at CHQ. She scanned it, tagged my bags, and off I went.

At the gate, the agents seemed perplexed when boarding started. They asked passengers to have a completed attestation form or have the Verifly app open to the screen that shows your picture with a green box around it. I did the latter, along with showing my passport and boarding pass, and off I went.

Getting the Verifly app to work was tough. I was traveling and didn't have access to my computer. I did a COVID test in my hotel room (I brought some with me, they had a video chat), and received my results. When I tried to upload them...it kept getting rejected. I was using a screenshot of the PDF. I tried uploading the PDF, but it was password protected and was also rejected. Eventually I asked someone at the hotel (a very small non-chain hotel in a remote town in Crete) to print it out, I took a picture of that and uploaded, and that was accepted. Very bizarre.
Old Nov 2, 21, 2:36 pm

Programs: BA silver,
Originally Posted by fdem View Post
I had the same experience yesterday with trying to plan my A380 trip to Madrid. Verify allowed me “to plan a trip to Spain” but having started it only listed AA and EI for airlines. Is this a Verify or BA problem? I can fill in the Spanish PLF OK so not a major problem but it would be good to get the green Verify tick to allow OLCI.
Old Nov 2, 21, 3:39 pm
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by rjhcambs View Post
Is this a Verify or BA problem?
Neither. VeriFLY isn't offered on all routes out of the UK on BA, more details upthread. You may well get an OLCI since Spain doesn't have a lot of restrictions anyway.
Old Nov 2, 21, 3:59 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage, Travel Safety/Security & Texas, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, HHonors, Hertz
Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave View Post
Neither. VeriFLY isn't offered on all routes out of the UK on BA, more details upthread. You may well get an OLCI since Spain doesn't have a lot of restrictions anyway.
Even when Verifly is offered, the agents may still want to see documents.
When I checked in with BA at JFK (mind you, I had already checked in with AA at AUS and given boarding passes for all AA and BA segments), the agent wanted to see UK and Greece PLFs, my vax card, and I'm sure something else. The AA agent at AUS said she could see it all online, that Veirfly/BA had passed it through, so I'm not sure why the BA agent wanted to see it again, but I had it with me and handed it to him.

Years ago I went to check-in at a hotel (a Hilton property) and they claimed that I didn't have a reservation there and that the hotel was full. I pulled out my printed confirmation sheet and showed it to the agent, and somehow she found me a room. Ever since, I always carry documents for every flight, hotel, car, and anything else that I might need, just in case. It is rare that I need it, but that one time proved that it can be quite helpful.
Old Nov 2, 21, 6:35 pm

Programs: Alaska 100K
Originally Posted by aztimm View Post
I used Verifly for checking in for my CHQ-LHR-AUS flights over the weekend.

Getting the Verifly app to work was tough. I was traveling and didn't have access to my computer. I did a COVID test in my hotel room (I brought some with me, they had a video chat), and received my results. When I tried to upload them...it kept getting rejected. I was using a screenshot of the PDF. I tried uploading the PDF, but it was password protected and was also rejected. Eventually I asked someone at the hotel (a very small non-chain hotel in a remote town in Crete) to print it out, I took a picture of that and uploaded, and that was accepted. Very bizarre.
Same experience here, over two separate trips - the screenshot of the PDF doesn't work, neither does the password-protected PDF. If a photo of the PDF is taken with an iPad and digitally sharpened/clarified/noise reduced and uploaded over WIFI, the resolution seems to be better and it may be accepted. But often, the scanned copy of the printed PDF is the only acceptable format for manual upload when in remote places.
Old Nov 3, 21, 2:03 am

Programs: BAEC Silver; Hilton Diamond;a miscellany of other hotel non-statuses
Originally Posted by QT31415 View Post
Same experience here, over two separate trips - the screenshot of the PDF doesn't work, neither does the password-protected PDF. If a photo of the PDF is taken with an iPad and digitally sharpened/clarified/noise reduced and uploaded over WIFI, the resolution seems to be better and it may be accepted. But often, the scanned copy of the printed PDF is the only acceptable format for manual upload when in remote places.
I had similar with the UK Passenger Locator Form which refused to accept my attempts to use a picture of relevant QR code. I eventually switched to laptop and used Windows Paint to trim the relevant part from a screenshot of the PDF.

An enterprising app developer could probably make a dollar / pound / Euro for each use of a phone app to let you pick a QR code out of a screenshot / picture, apply some adjustments until it can read it, and then save it as a new piccie .
Old Nov 3, 21, 2:45 am

Programs: BA GGL, AA LTP, Marriott (sigh) Ambassador, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by EsherFlyer View Post
I had similar with the UK Passenger Locator Form which refused to accept my attempts to use a picture of relevant QR code. I eventually switched to laptop and used Windows Paint to trim the relevant part from a screenshot of the PDF.

An enterprising app developer could probably make a dollar / pound / Euro for each use of a phone app to let you pick a QR code out of a screenshot / picture, apply some adjustments until it can read it, and then save it as a new piccie .
it always kills me when the UK PLF does not recognize a screenshot of my NHS QR code. but thats UK government world beating tech solutions for you.
MaxFlyer likes this.
Old Nov 3, 21, 7:27 am
formerly fdemoulin

Understand but when I try to introduce a flight and the airline drop down comes up I can only get AA and EI. might be a glitch so will try tomorrow really only want set up for return PMI LHR late November.
Old Nov 3, 21, 7:28 am
formerly fdemoulin

Originally Posted by rjhcambs View Post
I had the same experience yesterday with trying to plan my A380 trip to Madrid. Verify allowed me “to plan a trip to Spain” but having started it only listed AA and EI for airlines. Is this a Verify or BA problem? I can fill in the Spanish PLF OK so not a major problem but it would be good to get the green Verify tick to allow OLCI.

exactly what happened to me. Glad to hear as at least I am not going mad
Old Nov 3, 21, 9:28 am

Programs: Bronze, Some red card and some hotel cards.
Seems Jet2.com is interested in potentially using Verifly as well. Are there any other airlines using this or is it just BA?

Search this Thread