VeriFLY experiences

Old Sep 15, 2021, 6:45 am

Programs: BA GfL & GGL, FB Platinum, MB Titanium, Hilton Diamond
BA need to update their app so that it reflects checked documents which would require some integration with VeriFLY and MMB.
CarefreeBA likes this.
Old Sep 15, 2021, 10:18 am

Programs: BA Gold; Hilton Honors Diamond
It would be really helpful if there was better support for codeshare flights. I am flying LAS - ORD - LHR - NCL on Friday. Ticket purchased with AA, and the ORD - LHR flight is operated by BA but sold as AA7003. I have entered the trip into VeriFLY with the operating carrier as BA and the flight as BA294 (because there's no option to choose AA and the codeshare flight number) and the BA PNR - but that doesn't help with check-in with AA.
Old Sep 15, 2021, 11:35 am

I have a SEA-LHR-Portugal upcoming flight and the only airline available is AER Lingus. Should I just say "trip to UK" and add the flight info? There I can find BA.
Old Sep 15, 2021, 3:47 pm

Programs: BA Silver
Was able to online check in for a FRA-LCY flight today, agent was familiar with Verify so did a quick check of my pass at the gate. Would use again.
adrianlondon likes this.
Old Sep 17, 2021, 3:32 am

Programs: BAEC Gold Guest List, Hilton Honours Diamond, Accor Gold
Worked like a dream at Alicante yesterday for a very busy flight back to Heathrow. Just before checkin opened, a member of ground staff sauntered down the queue and asked if you’d filled in the app. “Vera-WHAT?” squawked some passengers. Upon looking at our green tick on our app, we were handed a piece of paper marked DOC OK and told we would only need to show our passports at the desk. It was so quick and easy. Worth all the work of registration and uploading the relevant documents.
Tobias-UK and Klrduks like this.
Old Sep 18, 2021, 6:26 am

Doesn’t work for The Bahamas. It doesn’t recognise that BA only have one origin airport so can’t select flight number or date. I used it for a flight back to UK and was perfect but guess I’m forced to do it all at the airport

Works for AA though!
Old Sep 18, 2021, 7:08 am

Programs: BAEC GfL
Worked perfectly at Valencia this morning
Old Sep 18, 2021, 7:44 am

Programs: VS Silver; Matmid Silver, BA Bronze; Accor Plat.
VIE-LHR 15/09; at the desk asked for locator form, showed agent Verifly tick and no further questions asked. Very smooth.
Old Sep 19, 2021, 9:01 am

Programs: BA
My Vaccine Certificate is in a shortened version of my name that's in my passport as that's what the NHS use so the automatic scan on VeriFLY didn't work as names differed so I uploaded it for a manual check and it was cleared in about 10 minutes.

I used it coming out of Italy to UK last week but still the handling agent wanted to see locator form and negative test despite it all being on the app and verified. Otherwise all ok with it.
Old Sep 19, 2021, 9:13 am

Programs: BAEC blue dust
Mixed bag for me...

VeriFLY was useless for my LCY-NCE at the end of August. Everything got verified quickly and I had a nice green tick but I couldn't OLCI. When I got to the airport, the woman at the desk wasn't interested in VeriFLY at all and wanted to see my vaccine cert etc

However for my NCE-LCY today, it worked perfectly. I was able to OLCI and I got a nice big smile when I mentioned VeriFLY at the bag drop and they didn't ask for any of the paperwork.
​​​
Old Sep 20, 2021, 2:07 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, Marriott LT Platinum
MUC - LHR 19/09:

Was able to check in online, but all paper work again checked at the gate. Mentioned the word 'Verifly' and staff (I believe a security firm) did not even know what I mean.

Quite difficult to complete for two if only on mobile phone; ok if allowed me to check in online but otherwise quite useless. Will give it another try in DXB.
adrianlondon likes this.
Old Sep 20, 2021, 2:39 am

Programs: BA Gold IHG Ambassador Spire Shangri La Diamond
Worked like a dream ATH -LHR-EDI even with Scottish vaccination certificates with wonky QR codes
Old Sep 20, 2021, 3:06 am

PMI-LHR last week: agents pleased to see Verifly and it took seconds to show them the green ticks - worked as planned for us, as well as family members who travelled on a different day. I was able to OLCI for this flight but was unable to get a boarding pass before I got to the airport- there may be some integration between Verifly and OLCI that I missed? I also spotted some people setting up Verifly accounts on their phones in the lounge which is obviously too late to be of any use for the flight they were taking, but I wonder if they were encouraged to use it by agents, or just seeing other passengers doing it.

However I'm not sure how much time Verifly actually saved for me: I noticed a lady checking in next to me showing another agent some pdfs of her PLF and vaccine certificate on her phone and that worked fine too, and took seconds. There was no queue in front of us or behind us when we checked in so I've no idea how long it takes to show paper documents, but how long would that take? 30 seconds? A genuine question, but I can't really see why it would be a lengthy process as long as everyone has the paperwork to hand. I can see that collectively it's helpful if everyone in the queue has the app as lots of 30 seconds does add up, but does it really make a huge difference? If they really do want to encourage its use maybe they should have a separate queue for Verifly-approved passengers.
Old Sep 20, 2021, 4:38 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, M&M, HHonors Gold
I used Verifly on LHR-PUY and back. At LHR I used checkin in Arrival lounge, when I just mentioned it and got my boarding card in a minute. On a way back, told agent at the desk, that I used it, she was quite happy about it and gave me boarding card quickly.
Old Sep 20, 2021, 8:26 am

Had a confusing experience last Friday when uploading test results for entry into USA with manual review option. Did the BinaxNow test using Navica and got a negative result. First tried uploading a screenshot of the PDF from eMed Labs which wasn't accepted. Then tried uploading image of pass from Navica app which wasn't accepted - but this worked for someone else who was travelling. Then tried uploading the screenshot of the PDF again and it was finally accepted. So I suppose the moral of the story is if you don't at first succeed, try, try again. I guess it depends on who manually reviews the uploaded image, but it isn't consistent. I never tried uploading the PDF document from eMed as it's password protected which I thought would cause difficulties.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.