Community
Wiki Posts
Search

VeriFLY experiences

Search this Thread

Old Sep 9, 2021, 11:14 am

Programs: BA Gold, LH SEN , A3*G & others less exciting that don't fit in my wallet
Originally Posted by EvilDoctorK
Invited to use it for a Dublin flight this week .. failed though as LCY-DUB flights not listed ( I think they've only recently restarted ) .. only offering LHR departures when you choose 'a trip to Ireland'
Just as an FYI for anyone .. despite being unable to use Verifly ( as they never added LCY-DUB BA flights as an option ) .. I was still able to OLCI just fine for tomorrow's LCY-DUB and have a boarding card .. So not complaining but doesn't seem Verifly is actually necessary for Irish routes despite the messages asking you to use it.
Old Sep 9, 2021, 11:28 am

Originally Posted by Adstring
Check in desk in Corfu have absolutely no idea what Verifly is. A waste of 2 hours uploading documents for our party of 6.
Interesting- I was fully expecting this result in Cyprus, but we got to the desk, she asked for all our certificates and documents, so we said "Oh, we've already done it all in Verifly" - she looked at our screens, handed us a paper boarding pass (had already got one in the app) and we were on our way. I was actually surprised how well it worked!
Old Sep 9, 2021, 11:34 am

Originally Posted by adrianlondon
STR (Stuttgart) to LHR. I think the route has just re-opened. They had no priority check-in (tough luck if you have status or were in business). No bag drop either, but the queue moved ok. At the desk I showed my passport, the VeriFLY screen and was quickly checked-in.

At the gate they then delayed boarding for half an hour when they suddenly realised that those with HBO and who had checked in online hadn't shown their docs to anyone. They said everyone who had checked in online must go for a doc check, but when half the passengers queued, they realised that they meant only those who hadn't gone to a check-in desk. Then they delayed things again by accepting mobile boarding passes before realising they had no idea whether that meant the person had shown documents or not.
This sounds like my experience from VLC to LHR this weekend - I had HBO (so no need to check-in at the desk) and did OLCI after completing VeriFLY; at the gate the ground staff initially would only board people with paper passes and got very stressed when they realised that was only half the plane. The staff initially said it was because their system wasn't working to scan in electronic boarding passes, but I suspected it was because we hadn't had our papers checked physically (they half-heartedly asked to see mine as I was at the front, but then quickly gave up when the scope of passengers with electronic boarding passes became clear). Eventually they fixed their system and boarded us - but it was a bit chaotic - i.e. business as usual for VLC!
adrianlondon likes this.
Old Sep 9, 2021, 12:28 pm

Originally Posted by jowlymonster
Interesting- I was fully expecting this result in Cyprus, but we got to the desk, she asked for all our certificates and documents, so we said "Oh, we've already done it all in Verifly" - she looked at our screens, handed us a paper boarding pass (had already got one in the app) and we were on our way. I was actually surprised how well it worked!
Good to hear, were you at Paphos or Larnaca? Thanks
Robert279 likes this.

Last edited by paulaf; Sep 9, 2021 at 1:59 pm
Old Sep 9, 2021, 1:24 pm

Originally Posted by paulaf
Good to hear, where you at Paphos or Larnaca? Thanks
This was at Larnaca. We did wonder about people with HBO - not sure if / how they got checked. We certainly didn't see any issues like the ones mentioned in the post above yours so I assume "something" worked somewhere!
paulaf and Robert279 like this.
Old Sep 9, 2021, 2:13 pm

Programs: BA GfL & GGL, FB Platinum, MB Titanium, Hilton Diamond
Trying to upload my Fit to Return test result for my return from Dubai but the VeriFLY app is asking for the laboratory name and the name of the ordering physician which isn’t applicable as this is a self administered antigen test.

I can enter Chronomics as the lab company I suppose?

Am I doing something wrong?

Last edited by MaxFlyer; Sep 9, 2021 at 2:23 pm
Old Sep 9, 2021, 3:22 pm

Programs: BA Gold, LH SEN , A3*G & others less exciting that don't fit in my wallet
Originally Posted by MaxFlyer
Trying to upload my Fit to Return test result for my return from Dubai but the VeriFLY app is asking for the laboratory name and the name of the ordering physician which isn’t applicable as this is a self administered antigen test.

I can enter Chronomics as the lab company I suppose?

Am I doing something wrong?
That's what I did and it worked fine
MaxFlyer and paulaf like this.
Old Sep 9, 2021, 10:26 pm

Programs: BAEC GGL/GfL, Lufthansa SEN, Hilton Diamond, misc other stuff
I completed VeriFly for BER-LHR-YYZ, but BER check-in staff told me they are only allowed to use it for flights to LHR. He said he would check with his supervisor whether they are allowed to rely on VeriFly for connections via LHR.
The _Banking_Scot and Klrduks like this.
Old Sep 10, 2021, 3:57 am

Programs: BA Gold, LH Sen, MUCCI, Junior Jet Club.
Worked perfectly at FAO yesterday. Unfortunately, despite that, we waited for 45 minutes in the Club queue. It's a shame they can't mandate its use as our transaction once we got to the desk was super quick.
Old Sep 10, 2021, 4:26 am
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club, easyJet and Ryanair

Programs: BA Gold (GGL/CCR)
Originally Posted by BahrainLad
Worked perfectly at FAO yesterday. Unfortunately, despite that, we waited for 45 minutes in the Club queue. It's a shame they can't mandate its use as our transaction once we got to the desk was super quick.
Yes, similar experience at MAN. The couple ahead of us took about 7-8 minutes to get all their paperwork checked, we (using VeriFLY) were through in less than a couple of minutes. Some airports have dedicated VeriFLY desks, I think this is something BA should offer at all airports to enable those who did bother to complete VeriFLY quicker processing at check-in.
adrianlondon and LCSinTexas like this.
Old Sep 10, 2021, 4:26 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, Honors Diamond
Started Verifly for my flight back from TFS on Sunday, vaccination accepted straight away, Chronomics certificate was accepted in about 5 mins. Just got the plf to sort this evening then hopefully I should be good to go.
Then just to see if the staff at TFS on Sunday know what it is!
Old Sep 10, 2021, 4:42 am

Originally Posted by S_W_S
Started Verifly for my flight back from TFS on Sunday, vaccination accepted straight away, Chronomics certificate was accepted in about 5 mins. Just got the plf to sort this evening then hopefully I should be good to go.
Then just to see if the staff at TFS on Sunday know what it is!
What did you enter in VeriFLY for the lab and physician names which aren’t on the Chronomics certificate?
Old Sep 10, 2021, 4:44 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, Honors Diamond
Originally Posted by MaxFlyer
What did you enter in VeriFLY for the lab and physician names which aren’t on the Chronomics certificate?
I just put chronomics.
MaxFlyer likes this.
Old Sep 10, 2021, 7:01 am

It took about an hour for my Fit to Return PCR results from Chronomics to be approved by VeriFLY.
2002ad likes this.
Old Sep 12, 2021, 12:37 am

The check-in agent at DXB this morning was very happy as soon as I showed him my VeriFLY status. He didn’t need any of the paperwork. I was checked in in about 2 minutes.

The check-in queues for the 12:15pm departure at 9:30 were very long.

Smart Gates at DXB we’re having issues though.
2002ad likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.