Community
Wiki Posts
Search

VeriFLY experiences

Search this Thread

Old May 30, 2021, 3:35 am

Programs: AA EXP; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott Bonvoy Titanium Elite
Flying from SKG to LAX through LHR. I get all my info in to the app (QR code for PLF, negative covid test) for the SKG-LHR trip and complete the questionarie. Surpisingly my test is validated and I'm given approval about 18 hours before. On the way out they were adamant that it was 6 hours prior.

Here's where it broke down. I get to the BA agent at SKG (Thessaloniki, Gr) and show her the app and she says "What is that?" I tell her it's the app BA wanted me to fill out before flying to validate my covid test, and she says "I've never heard of that, I need to see your covid test." I tell her it's already been validated, and she says "well how do I know the date that you took it?" I again told her that this is a BA thing that has everything pre-validated so I don't have to pull out my covid test, and she says "no, that doesn't work, I need to see your covid test."

On the way out here to Greece, they didn't get it ready in time for me to check in for my first flight, and I didn't require it at the DFW gate for the flight to LHR, as it had facial recognition and they didn't ask for anything.

Oh well, it's a good idea, just poorly implemented.
LCSinTexas likes this.
Old May 31, 2021, 6:31 pm

Poor preparation and poor execution. Not totally uncommon when BA tries to roll out these things!

rb211.
seigex likes this.

Last edited by RB211; May 31, 2021 at 10:14 pm Reason: Typo!
Old May 31, 2021, 8:26 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold / Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by merlin90
I flew LAX to LHR in March on BA (and the return a couple of weeks later on AA) and had no complaints at all about VeriFLY. Uploaded documents were confirmed pretty quickly and the check-in agents took a look at the app for about five seconds before telling me I was good to go. It obviously didn't save me much time when landing at LHR, as border security still wanted to see all of my documents, but as far as checking in was concerned, it meant that the process was no longer than I would normally expect.
I had the same experience flying between Mex and US with AA. Uploaded and approved, dead simple. Seems for my flight on Friday with BA I will definitely have everything printed and ready to go for both check-in and for arrival into the UK.

I'll give VeriFLY a go for the trip and report back here
RB211 likes this.
Old Jun 3, 2021, 10:30 am

Just an update. I loaded verifly this morning and input the negative covid test doc for my flight tomorrow and got authorization in 5 mins. Uploaded PLF using the QR code and it recongnized it. Everything fine and just need to complete the final "before the airport" bit, but seems I am good to go. Whether the BA checkin agents will accept it is another matter, but it does give me the confidence that the documents I have got meet the standards laid out by BA.
Tobias-UK and LCSinTexas like this.
Old Jun 4, 2021, 2:42 pm

Just downloaded Verifly App.

I'm puzzled about exactly what I'm meant to do to make it work.

It says Browse Pass or Scan your personalized QR Code.

I don't have a personalized QR Code.

When I click Browse Pass it just has a list of ten things starting with "A Trip to Aruba". Not sure what these are, but nothing to do with me.

How do I go about adding travel documents?
Old Jun 4, 2021, 2:54 pm

Originally Posted by classicmds
Just downloaded Verifly App.

I'm puzzled about exactly what I'm meant to do to make it work.

It says Browse Pass or Scan your personalized QR Code.

I don't have a personalized QR Code.

When I click Browse Pass it just has a list of ten things starting with "A Trip to Aruba". Not sure what these are, but nothing to do with me.

How do I go about adding travel documents?
You should add a pass and pick the one to destination you want. Then open it and start adding your flight details and the passenger etc. Once you have that it will tell you which documents you need.
Old Jun 4, 2021, 2:58 pm

Programs: BAEC - Gold
Am I missing something obvious...

Filled in the PLF and downloaded a .pdf version.

VeriFLY only lets me take a photo of the QR code on the PLF. Which my phone can’t do because the .pdf is stored on the phone.

There’s no other way of entering the PLF number as the number entry field is greyed out.

To echo the comments above, I’m not surprised only one person used it on a flight recently. It’s a dreadful app...

🤦‍♂️

TFC
Old Jun 4, 2021, 3:11 pm

Oh so it can only be used for these ten countries? I missed that.
TTmex likes this.
Old Jun 4, 2021, 3:12 pm

Originally Posted by TheFlyingCyclist
Am I missing something obvious...

Filled in the PLF and downloaded a .pdf version.

VeriFLY only lets me take a photo of the QR code on the PLF. Which my phone can’t do because the .pdf is stored on the phone.

There’s no other way of entering the PLF number as the number entry field is greyed out.

To echo the comments above, I’m not surprised only one person used it on a flight recently. It’s a dreadful app...

🤦‍♂️

TFC
you can input the number manually. I have had no problems with the app. I can see others most certainly have
Old Jun 4, 2021, 3:12 pm

Oh so it can only be used for these ten countries? I missed that.
yes that's right
Old Jun 4, 2021, 3:22 pm

Originally Posted by TTmex
yes that's right
So people on this thread that say they use it for countries not on the list (e.g. LHR to LAX or SKG to LAX)... how did they do that?!
Old Jun 4, 2021, 3:26 pm
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
So people on this thread that say they use it for countries not on the list (e.g. LHR to LAX or SKG to LAX)... how did they do that?!
Inbound to the UK is ok, as is UK to USA, so that covers those examples. But yes, it's a limited list and probably one of the two biggest flaws. The other being that it is clearly operating at BA's advantage rather than the passengers'. It works in those places where BA has a rpotential resource issue (e.g. LHR T5), but less well in locations where there are enough ground staff to manually check.
Old Jun 4, 2021, 3:29 pm

Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
Inbound to the UK is ok, as is UK to USA, so that covers those examples. But yes, it's a limited list and probably one of the two biggest flaws. The other being that it is clearly operating at BA's advantage rather than the passengers'. It works in those places where BA has a rpotential resource issue (e.g. LHR T5), but less well in locations where there are enough ground staff to manually check.
UK is not only the list on my app. That’s the destination I’m trying to add, from US
Old Jun 4, 2021, 3:31 pm

I’m in US now. Might I have downloaded a version for American Airlines. Do they have a different list?
Old Jun 4, 2021, 3:33 pm

Trip to US appears on mine and so does trip to UK.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.