Community
Wiki Posts
Search

VeriFLY experiences

Search this Thread

Old Aug 29, 2021, 2:29 am

Programs: BA Gold, Eurostar Carte Blanche
VeriFLY experience out of Malta was very good. Check in staff asked for the vaccine docs first, then was delighted when we shared we had VeriFLY. Quick look at that green check, and away. As fast as a normal check-in process.

Slow queues with folks having lots of luggage and distributed documents.
Old Aug 29, 2021, 3:43 am

Originally Posted by bluemoon68
Anyone know if it is worth using verify for a Funchal departure?
Yep! Used it there the weekend before last. It worked perfectly. The 'green tick' was received with a big smile by an agent seemingly grateful that, unlike those ahead of us, we didn't need to go rummaging for our docs.
bluemoon68 likes this.
Old Aug 29, 2021, 4:58 am

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, Hilton Diamond *, IHG, Couples Romance Rewards
Any use for verifly at Heraklion? Our previous experience in Jamaica was poor, the BA agent insisted on seeing the paper documents making it a useless waste of time.
Old Aug 29, 2021, 7:02 am

Programs: BA Exec Club: Gold HHons:Diamond FB:Ivory Accor:Plat Hertz: PC USA:GlobalEntry
From Malta today. Read the VeriFly App reviews and didn’t bother with it. Saved the Covid Test Result and Passenger Locator Form PDF docs from emails onto phone in 5 seconds. Showed them at luggage drop. No problems or delay.
Forget about the App. Another load of (very) personal data flying in the ether.
Old Aug 29, 2021, 10:18 am

Returned from Antigua today. 4 passengers and added them all onto same trip. Worked brilliantly as on the way out and definitely saved time - 4 pages to look at rather than 8 sheets of paper to be checked.
Old Aug 29, 2021, 11:50 am

Programs: BA Gold, LH SEN , A3*G & others less exciting that don't fit in my wallet
All setup in Verifly easily for Menorca-LCY tomorrow .. also was able to Check in online and have boarding cards ( not sure if linked to Verifly use or not ? .. have been pleasantly surprised recently that OLCI has worked for quite a few flights ) .. have to drop a bag off anyway so will need to visit the desk so we'll see if they still want to see any docs
Old Aug 29, 2021, 1:36 pm

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold, AA 4MM Lifetime Platinum, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond Amb, Bonvoy Lifetime Gold
LAX-LHR worked perfectly with VeriFLY. Check in almost immediate.
Old Aug 29, 2021, 2:10 pm

Programs: BA Gold / Hilton Diamond / IHG Diamond Ambassador / Marriot Bonvoy Gold
Used in Santorini tonight and it was recognised and accepted. Just a pity the rest of the experience there was chaotic and miserable. Just arrived LHR and seems immigration queues are so bad we are being held in the aircraft but that’s a different thread
Old Aug 29, 2021, 9:58 pm

Programs: Plat Pro AAdvantage, but defected to BAEC
Does Verifly base the airline options into a specific country based on the user location?

I have a SAN-DFW-LHR-ALC next weekend. I can add a trip to the U.K. using an AA flight code as they are operating the flight. When I go to add a trip to Spain, my only airline choices are AA and EI. There is no option for BA. If I select AA, I only see 3 US departure points. I don’t see a way to tell Verifly that the Spain flight originates in the U.K.
Old Aug 29, 2021, 11:13 pm

Programs: British Airways Executive Club, Miles & Smiles, Skyteam, Marriott Bonvoy, Hilton Honours
Originally Posted by Jet Ranger
Wow that is cutting it fine. I’d have been nervous! I was nervous the day before let alone 3 hours. At least it came through. Squeaky bum time proper.

Have a super trip marble35!!

Also if you get chance - feed back how much your return to UK tests cost. My hotel charged €35 for a lateral flow test. Was a smooth process. The price still stings when you can do an identical test via the NHS for free. Hey ho the price we pay to travel these days.
I just ordered Qured video tests before we left. Didn’t want the faff!
Jet Ranger likes this.
Old Aug 30, 2021, 1:08 am

Programs: BA Exec Gold
I was surprised that a fully completed Verifly didn't open up OLCI for ZAG. I called the gold line to ask why this might be and was told that my NHS covid pass would need to be seen in person. I mentioned that the NHS covid pass isn't needed for Croatia hence Verifly doesn't ask for it to be uploaded. In the event I showed my green tick in the First Wing and was handed my boarding pass with no paperwork check.
On my return from BUD OLCI was available (maybe because the NHS covid pass was (optionally) uploaded here).
Old Aug 30, 2021, 1:15 am

Programs: BA Gold / Hilton Diamond / IHG Diamond Ambassador / Marriot Bonvoy Gold
Originally Posted by Bluekjp
I was surprised that a fully completed Verifly didn't open up OLCI for ZAG. I called the gold line to ask why this might be and was told that my NHS covid pass would need to be seen in person. I mentioned that the NHS covid pass isn't needed for Croatia hence Verifly doesn't ask for it to be uploaded. In the event I showed my green tick in the First Wing and was handed my boarding pass with no paperwork check.
On my return from BUD OLCI was available (maybe because the NHS covid pass was (optionally) uploaded here).
Verifly and BA don’t share data which is bonkers but probably for the best given BA awful IT and previous data breaches. It would make so much easier if Verifly could pass a confirmation to BA that a booking was cleared.
adrianlondon and LCSinTexas like this.
Old Aug 30, 2021, 8:29 am

Programs: BA Gold, LH SEN , A3*G & others less exciting that don't fit in my wallet
Originally Posted by EvilDoctorK
All setup in Verifly easily for Menorca-LCY tomorrow .. also was able to Check in online and have boarding cards ( not sure if linked to Verifly use or not ? .. have been pleasantly surprised recently that OLCI has worked for quite a few flights ) .. have to drop a bag off anyway so will need to visit the desk so we'll see if they still want to see any docs
Verify Green tick was all the agent in Menorca wanted to see this afternoon .. so worked well
paulaf likes this.
Old Aug 30, 2021, 9:42 am

Programs: BA Gold; Hilton Honors Diamond
My recent VeriFLY experiences have been positive. When checking in at LAS for my flight back to the UK just over a week ago OLCI with AA wasn't available at all, so I had to check in at the airport. The agent was thrilled that we had VeriFLY completed and she issued all our BPs without needing to check any other documentation except for our passports and my Green Card. At LAX the BA agent was also very happy to see that we'd used VeriFLY.

On the way back from NCL to LAS we'd used VeriFLY again and although we could both check in online we couldn't get any BPs. At NCL the check-in agent said she could see my VefiFLY status on her system but not my wife's but - once again - as soon as she saw the app and the green tick for both of us all our BPs were issued.

There were absolutely no issues with uploading the documents or how long it took to verify them. It was a matter of minutes on each occasion. While we were waiting at the gate at LAX it was obvious how much of a time-saver this is for airline staff. So many people don't have their act together, don't have the paperwork readily available whether printed copies or digital, and the manual checks by airline staff take way longer as a result.
RJD1983 and LCSinTexas like this.
Old Aug 30, 2021, 9:43 am

Programs: BAEC GOLD, Star Alliance, HH Gold
Not sure what the point of verifly is. Leaving Berlin last week we decided to try and see if they would just accept the app. They could see it had all been verified with green ticks and saying ready to travel but they still insisted on inspecting all the printed copies.
It didn't take us long at check in as we did have everything they ask for but it's irritating that you go to the trouble of uploading everything onto an app for what it appears no logical reason. Only thing I can think of it proves you have what you need to travel. Otherwise hopefully it wouldn't say ready to travel.
At the gate all hand luggage only passengers had to go through the same checks. It meant that boarding took a long time.
My advice if you are travelling on BA from Berlin and you are hand luggage only it would save a lot of time and aggravation if you check in at the desk before security. If you have a standard BA printed boarding pass they know you've been checked.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.