Community
Wiki Posts
Search

VeriFLY experiences

Search this Thread

Old Jun 23, 2022, 2:29 am

Programs: BAEC (Silver), IHG (Plat Elite)
Similar experience for me, VeriFLY has given green tick, but cannot check in online for my GLA - LHR - MCO tomorrow. "Covid documents required. Add documents or check your verification with VeriFLY", apparently.
Frustrating. Have chosen seats (I'm Bronze), but still...
Old Jun 23, 2022, 2:48 am

Originally Posted by chris1922Mk2
Similar experience for me, VeriFLY has given green tick, but cannot check in online for my GLA - LHR - MCO tomorrow. "Covid documents required. Add documents or check your verification with VeriFLY", apparently.
It's really frustrating if you're HBO, but if you're checking bags anyway, hopefully they'll just confirm you have all the green ticks on Verifly and won't need to go through the individual documents. Though even this must be faster now the US has dropped the test requirement.
Old Jun 23, 2022, 3:14 am

Originally Posted by NorthernLass
It's really frustrating if you're HBO, but if you're checking bags anyway, hopefully they'll just confirm you have all the green ticks on Verifly and won't need to go through the individual documents. Though even this must be faster now the US has dropped the test requirement.
Three weeks in Florida for a family of four does not equal HBO ! especially when travelling in J and you can shop like my wife...... Those outlet malls aren't going to shop themselves ! Just hope our checked bags actually make it. Swim shorts packed on my smaller carry on just in case.
But yes, we need to drop our bags in any case, and I'm sure all will be well at the airport. I've triple checked all our travel requirements are up to date, supplied and valid. First trip since pre-pandemic. Just frustrates me when BA hype such a wonderful service, push you to use it, then it doesn't work. My wife works in IT, was there no user experience testing before hand ? Pretty pathetic really.
Dropping the pre-departure lateral flow requirement was a god send
NorthernLass likes this.
Old Jun 23, 2022, 3:38 am

Three weeks in Florida for a family of four does not equal HBO ! especially when travelling in J and you can shop like my wife...... Those outlet malls aren't going to shop themselves ! Just hope our checked bags actually make it. Swim shorts packed on my smaller carry on just in case.
But yes, we need to drop our bags in any case, and I'm sure all will be well at the airport. I've triple checked all our travel requirements are up to date, supplied and valid. First trip since pre-pandemic. Just frustrates me when BA hype such a wonderful service, push you to use it, then it doesn't work. My wife works in IT, was there no user experience testing before hand ? Pretty pathetic really.
Yes, we always travel with everything AND the kitchen sink on family trips! Making sure we max the hand luggage this time in case the rest doesn't arrive. Still got testing and masks for our (12 hour) flight ...
chris1922Mk2 likes this.
Old Jun 23, 2022, 4:32 am

Programs: OW Emerald / BAEC Gold
great… they still haven’t fixed it. I had the same problem back in April and I am 100% certain, I will have the same problem next week for my MIA flight. It is so annoying. Luckily I have bags to be checked and am Silver tier so no harm
Old Jun 23, 2022, 10:23 am

Quick update. It appears a recent up date to VeriFLY allows you enter your itinerary using the trip's PNR, I had manually entered my details to create my trip, which I did a week or so ago. Today I created a "new" trip using the PNR, which obv. includes my domestic connection, resubmitted all the details, and voila ! Green ticks and all checked in now, boarding passes on my phone. All set to go !
Old Jun 23, 2022, 3:42 pm

Programs: BA S, VS S, SQ G, HH D, IHG D/A, Marriott G, Radisson G, Hertz PC
They probably did check it in some rudimentary way, but as with everything BA seem to forget not everyone leaves from LHR so probably never thought of checking connecting flights! You may find (as I did last month) that it randomly starts working overnight so no harm having a check when you get up in the morning but sounds like you're prepared with your Florida essentials in the hand luggage anyway Have a great holiday!
Old Jun 23, 2022, 11:17 pm

Quick update. It appears a recent up date to VeriFLY allows you enter your itinerary using the trip's PNR, I had manually entered my details to create my trip, which I did a week or so ago. Today I created a "new" trip using the PNR, which obv. includes my domestic connection, resubmitted all the details, and voila ! Green ticks and all checked in now, boarding passes on my phone. All set to go !
Maybe a stupid question, but what is „PNR“ ? The booking-code?

…..Never mind, I figured it out, but it is Not working with my destination .

Last edited by Ele73; Jun 23, 2022 at 11:28 pm
Old Jun 25, 2022, 2:23 am

It's being reported locally that GCM is dropping its pre-travel test requirement from 30/6 - how long will it be before VeriFly will update to reflect this? Really don't want to be faffing around doing unnecessary tests but also don't want to risk being denied boarding by over-zealous desk agents ...
Old Jun 25, 2022, 2:33 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
With each country changing rules with little notice, it is genuinely difficult to stay on top of this. Usually the day of the change / relaxation is awkward, and maybe the next day or two, but thereafter VeriFLY and ground agents tend to get their data updated. Places like the USA were changed on the day, some of the smaller changes for Italy took a few days to work through.
Old Jun 25, 2022, 6:00 am

Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
With each country changing rules with little notice, it is genuinely difficult to stay on top of this. Usually the day of the change / relaxation is awkward, and maybe the next day or two, but thereafter VeriFLY and ground agents tend to get their data updated. Places like the USA were changed on the day, some of the smaller changes for Italy took a few days to work through.
Thanks - do you mean a dayor two after an announcement or after it's actually implemented? What happens if VeriFly says we need a negative test but it isn't actually a legal requirement on the day of travel? It's not fair to expect families to have the inconvenience and expense of testing because VeriFly can't keep on top of things!
Old Jun 25, 2022, 7:11 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by NorthernLass
Thanks - do you mean a dayor two after an announcement or after it's actually implemented? What happens if VeriFly says we need a negative test but it isn't actually a legal requirement on the day of travel? It's not fair to expect families to have the inconvenience and expense of testing because VeriFly can't keep on top of things!
There's very little fairness in all of this. If nothing else a negative result gives you more confidence at the point of testing. But I meant a day or two after the change itself rather than the announcement. Day 1 of any changes tends to be a bit sticky, but after a few more days staff will be more confident. If something like Timatic changes in time then you will be fine since Timatic is considered a good source by BA and most airline.
Old Jun 25, 2022, 8:56 am

Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
There's very little fairness in all of this. If nothing else a negative result gives you more confidence at the point of testing. But I meant a day or two after the change itself rather than the announcement. Day 1 of any changes tends to be a bit sticky, but after a few more days staff will be more confident. If something like Timatic changes in time then you will be fine since Timatic is considered a good source by BA and most airline.
I don't get this at all, tbh, my obligation is to comply with the law at my destination, not with the IT limitations of a process I'm being forced to use. I've actually emailed VeriFly and they have said they have passed the update to their engineers. Again, it's ridiculous that it's down to passengers to do this - it's not the first time I've had to contact them to ask them to correct a mistake. We have had our travel arrangements disrupted by BA to the extent that our tests are now scheduled for the middle of the night so we won't be doing them if it's no longer a legal requirement!
EDIflyer likes this.
Old Jun 25, 2022, 12:51 pm

Flying tomorrow TLV-JFK. Done verifly trip to USA. Only supports departure from London which in this case is incorrect. Anyway, verifly completed and all green and good to go. BA on the other hand is not recognising this and not syncing up. I even made a new verifly trip with my middle name included, still nothing on BA. I have chosen seats but want to check in as TLV airport is crazy right now and the flight is jam packed and I can't risk missing it. Anyone got a workaround?
Old Jun 26, 2022, 2:15 am

Originally Posted by Jzlerner
Flying tomorrow TLV-JFK. Done verifly trip to USA. Only supports departure from London which in this case is incorrect. Anyway, verifly completed and all green and good to go. BA on the other hand is not recognising this and not syncing up. I even made a new verifly trip with my middle name included, still nothing on BA. I have chosen seats but want to check in as TLV airport is crazy right now and the flight is jam packed and I can't risk missing it. Anyone got a workaround?
I think you're just going to have to check in at the airport, unless VeriFly adjusts itself in the meantime - someone possibly mentioned above that this sometimes happens? It's a complete PITA and I really hope it gets ditched soon!
EDIflyer likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.