Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 6, 2021, 5:40 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Prospero
This thread is the continuation of the discussion hosted in the BA Tier Point Runs | 2019-20 edition thread.

Useful tips and technical pointers
El_Duderito's explanation on fare routings and the maximum permitted distance you are allowed to travel (based on the distance between the origin and destination airports)

Helpful maps
The following series of maps show a 2,000 mile radius around each oneworld hub, useful for strategic planning purposes. Hopefully these will help your imagination to run free. Click on the images to reveal the accompanying maps.

EMEA

Asia Pacific

North America

Previous editions
BA Tier Point Runs | 2019-20 edition
BA Tier Point Runs | 2018 edition
BA Tier Point Runs | 2017 edition
BA Tier Point Runs | 2016 edition
BA Tier Point Runs | 2015 edition
BA Tier Point Runs | 2014 edition
BA Tier Point Runs | original edition
Print Wikipost

BA Tier Point Runs | 2021 edition

Search this Thread

Old Sep 11, 2021, 4:28 pm

Programs: BA Executive Club and OnBusiness
It's also possible to do a week in New York and fly back via Miami - example here

Or split your time between New York and Miami - as long as you have seven days stateside you can choose when you fly JFK/MIA with the seven days - example here

Last edited by Ned1968; Sep 12, 2021 at 2:39 am
Old Sep 12, 2021, 1:41 am

Hi, given the difficulties getting into the US may extend well into next year, then instead of doing multiple runs to the USA, I'm looking at having a longer trip into the US, then doing some inter-US trips when I get there (assuming I can get there).

What West Coast options are there? Preferably starting from LAS. This is the best I could find. 360TPs, so £2/TP - not fantastic, but not terrible either. It's slightly cheaper if staying for a few days, so that's an option.

Any other better options for racking up some TPs from the West Coast?

Old Sep 12, 2021, 3:03 am

Programs: BA Executive Club and OnBusiness
Looks like it's possible to stretch the Casablanca - Miami fare to 740 TPs for £545 - 0.74 TP per £

BAEC Silver in one trip, Gold in two trips (using the 75% reduced target) for under £1,100 (but would need 4 BA metal flights)

For example
Spoiler

armouredant likes this.
Old Sep 12, 2021, 3:04 am

Programs: oneworld, * Alliance, Marriott Bonvoy, HHonors, WoH
Originally Posted by zen100
Preferably starting from LAS. This is the best I could find. 360TPs, so £2/TP - not fantastic, but not terrible either. It's slightly cheaper if staying for a few days, so that's an option.Any other better options for racking up some TPs from the West Coast?
Next year June is far away. Since Colombia is currently open and hopefully in next June too, I would recommend LAS-LAX-MIA-BOG. 440TP for USD750.35 June 10-12, one night in BOG by ITA Matrix. Same amount of TPs when connecting in DFW instead of MIA. You can modify later your flights because for sure there will be schedule changes. I booked yesterday the opposite direction and google.com/flights gave better price than any other website.
zen100 likes this.
Old Sep 12, 2021, 3:27 am

Programs: BA GGL, CCR - TK G
Originally Posted by Ned1968
Use the multicity option in Google flights (example here)

Choose a start date (CMN-MAD), use the same date for MAD-LHR, and the day after for LHR-MIA (need an overnight in London)

Then a return date around a week later with the final leg (London-Casablanca) the next day to account for the overnight TATL

Plenty of dates still available - if the one you choose doesn't give you a £5xx fare, move everything back or forward by one day until you find something that works. It's easy to find dates in April, May, June, July 2022

Here's another couple of examples (May and July 2022)
Spoiler

sorry.. i got it :-)
Old Sep 12, 2021, 4:37 am

Originally Posted by Jaenks
Next year June is far away. Since Colombia is currently open and hopefully in next June too, I would recommend LAS-LAX-MIA-BOG. 440TP for USD750.35 June 10-12, one night in BOG by ITA Matrix. Same amount of TPs when connecting in DFW instead of MIA. You can modify later your flights because for sure there will be schedule changes. I booked yesterday the opposite direction and google.com/flights gave better price than any other website.
Thanks. Not a bad deal at all, but trying to reduce the amount of international borders I need to cross. This one would probably need another PCR test for the return leg to the USA.

And while June may feel like a long way off, I see a lot of Covid border "friction" lasting until well into 2022. I'm not even 100% convinced that brits will be let into the USA by then
Old Sep 12, 2021, 5:17 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by ceej123
Just booked and ticketed within 10mins using Ned1968 link above, Excellent find...lets see if we actually get to fly it.
Am I right in thinking to get this ticketed on the aa.com website using a UK registered credit card you need to just change postcode as mentioned above to 91000? Does this work with all credit cards (Amex, MC and visa)? I’ve tried to search on the aa forum but there are no certain rules/tips about this and they just mention put any random US state but using your actual address.

also there is an option to select Europe for state but that’s for overseas based, I’m guessing we don’t select this??
Old Sep 12, 2021, 5:37 am

Programs: oneworld, * Alliance, Marriott Bonvoy, HHonors, WoH
This one would probably need another PCR test for the return leg to the USA.
Currently USA accepts antigen test for entry and the cost is around USD30 at the city and USD38 in BOG airport.
https://co.usembassy.gov/wp-content/...n-Colombia.pdf
Old Sep 12, 2021, 5:46 am

Programs: BA Blue, Qatar Gold, Hilton Diamond, IHG Spire Ambassador, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by Ned1968
Looks like it's possible to stretch the Casablanca - Miami fare to 740 TPs for £545 - 0.74 TP per £

BAEC Silver in one trip, Gold in two trips (using the 75% reduced target) for under £1,100 (but would need 4 BA metal flights)

For example
Spoiler

Struggling to price this up - wondering what I am missing. Copying it like for like - unless it has been pulled?
Old Sep 12, 2021, 9:37 am

Hi, given the difficulties getting into the US may extend well into next year, then instead of doing multiple runs to the USA, I'm looking at having a longer trip into the US, then doing some inter-US trips when I get there (assuming I can get there).

What West Coast options are there? Preferably starting from LAS. This is the best I could find. 360TPs, so £2/TP - not fantastic, but not terrible either. It's slightly cheaper if staying for a few days, so that's an option.

640 TP's if you want to do LAS-LAX-MIA-LIM for around $1084. You get lay flats on the longer segments (777 and 787). Rapid testing available in Lima for $35, results within an hour (did it recently).
zen100 likes this.
Old Sep 12, 2021, 10:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite Plus,BAEC GGL,ITA Executive, AFKL Gold,QR Gold,HH Diamond,Bonvoy Gold,ALL Gold

From LAS ->

LAS-LAX one-way on AS $99 ( 40 TP's ) £1.78/TP
LAS-DFW-PHX-LAX one-way on AA for $175 ( 120TP's ) £1.05/TP
LAS-PHX-LAX-SJC one-way on AA for $207 ( 120TP's ) £1.24/TP
LAS-DFW-PHX-SAN one-way on AA for $217 ( 120TP's ) £1.3/TP

Also for AA deals, you might have the chance to maximize during schedule changes such as asking a reroute via the East Coast - You might need multiple HUACA's.
For example LAS-DFW-PHX-LAX could be LAS-JFK-SFO-LAX or LAS-JFK-MIA-LAX when it comes to schedule changes which means 320TP's for the same price.
HPN-HRL, snabbu, dougzz and 2 others like this.
Old Sep 12, 2021, 12:25 pm

Programs: BA GGL, HH Diamond, IHG Diamond Amb
Originally Posted by Jackanory
Am I right in thinking to get this ticketed on the aa.com website using a UK registered credit card you need to just change postcode as mentioned above to 91000? Does this work with all credit cards (Amex, MC and visa)? I’ve tried to search on the aa forum but there are no certain rules/tips about this and they just mention put any random US state but using your actual address.

also there is an option to select Europe for state but that’s for overseas based, I’m guessing we don’t select this??
Yep that’s what I did with my UK Amex albeit a totally fictional address related to the zip code rather than my UK address.
Jackanory likes this.
Old Sep 12, 2021, 1:29 pm

Looks like the fare is now pulled from Casablanca to Miami
Old Sep 12, 2021, 7:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite Plus,BAEC GGL,ITA Executive, AFKL Gold,QR Gold,HH Diamond,Bonvoy Gold,ALL Gold
Originally Posted by ceej123
Yep that’s what I did with my UK Amex albeit a totally fictional address related to the zip code rather than my UK address.
Billing address is a US thing and if the card is not a US card, the system wouldn't verify if the address you entered matches with the card details. If it's a US card, sometimes it only looks at the ZIP code, if not checks the entire billing address.

Also, if anyone is interested joining me on a Back-to-Back TP run within the USA to Fairbanks within the next few days, please hit me a PM.
There is wide last minute "I" fare availability to Fairbanks, if you are seeking for cheap Tier Points. Even if your status is extended, don't forget that this counts as lifetime TP's as well.
ceej123 likes this.
Old Sep 13, 2021, 4:19 am

Programs: BA GGL
Originally Posted by Ryanfozzie
Struggling to price this up - wondering what I am missing. Copying it like for like - unless it has been pulled?
Wondering the same: has this been pulled?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.