Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 6, 2021, 5:40 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Prospero
This thread is the continuation of the discussion hosted in the BA Tier Point Runs | 2019-20 edition thread.

Useful tips and technical pointers
El_Duderito's explanation on fare routings and the maximum permitted distance you are allowed to travel (based on the distance between the origin and destination airports)

Helpful maps
The following series of maps show a 2,000 mile radius around each oneworld hub, useful for strategic planning purposes. Hopefully these will help your imagination to run free. Click on the images to reveal the accompanying maps.

EMEA

Asia Pacific

North America

Previous editions
BA Tier Point Runs | 2019-20 edition
BA Tier Point Runs | 2018 edition
BA Tier Point Runs | 2017 edition
BA Tier Point Runs | 2016 edition
BA Tier Point Runs | 2015 edition
BA Tier Point Runs | 2014 edition
BA Tier Point Runs | original edition
Print Wikipost

BA Tier Point Runs | 2021 edition

Search this Thread

Old Aug 13, 2021, 8:58 am

Originally Posted by jameslon
Thanks for the heads up about the exAMS deal and also about MAD/BCN options.

i was able to book today AMS-LHR-JFK-LAX-SFO//SFO-LAX-BOS-LHR-BCN for £905 directly with BA and with an eVoucher brought it down to £750. I think that’s a good deal.
What dates?
Old Aug 13, 2021, 9:00 am

Originally Posted by Sam Lewis
What dates?
June-July 2022. Play around with the dates in itamatrix with calendar view.
NA-Flyer and m8_rotate like this.
Old Aug 13, 2021, 11:18 am

Programs: OW Sapphire, *A Gold
Originally Posted by ISTFlyer
Yes, that's correct.
Thanks for confirming. And would I be able to preselect seats if booked via BA (no status) or the same rules would apply as with BA flights?
Old Aug 13, 2021, 11:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite Plus,BAEC GGL,ITA Executive, AFKL Gold,QR Gold,HH Diamond,Bonvoy Gold,ALL Gold
Originally Posted by Deckter
Thanks for confirming. And would I be able to preselect seats if booked via BA (no status) or the same rules would apply as with BA flights?
Not sure about IB flights.
Deckter likes this.
Old Aug 14, 2021, 5:04 am

Programs: BA GGL / GfL
Just booked the below for £932 with BA. Hard to find ‘I’ class on the weekend transcontinentals hence the less desirable SFO-PHX-JFK routing on the return, but for those who don’t want to take days off work, this allows a quick weekend TP run with limited time away.

Pilot37

DesperateDan, flyerkit and H2L like this.
Old Aug 14, 2021, 5:15 am

Programs: BA GGL, AS, Hertz Cirque Présidentielle
Originally Posted by Pilot37
Just booked the below for £932 with BA.
That itinerary is somewhat murderous on the outbound. Only 80 min for JFK and six hours in the middle of the night at LAX for a short hop to SFO, after a long day.
m8_rotate likes this.
Old Aug 14, 2021, 6:28 am

Programs: BA GGL
Originally Posted by Pilot37
Hard to find ‘I’ class on the weekend transcontinentals hence the less desirable SFO-PHX-JFK routing on the return.
Remember it's not just LAX-JFK, but also SFO-JFK, LAX-BOS, LAX-MIA that operate transcon A321s/widebodies.
Old Aug 14, 2021, 6:33 am

Programs: BA GGL / GfL
Originally Posted by armouredant
Remember it's not just LAX-JFK, but also SFO-JFK, LAX-BOS, LAX-MIA that operate transcon A321s/widebodies.
The SFO-LAX leg was causing lots of issues for the onward connections and adding an extra £250 to the fare, so easier to go with PHX. For the comments about the outbound timings - for £932 I’d much rather lock in a good fare and wait for the schedule changes to kick in which will allow me move things around.

Pilot37
Tafflyer and Lefly like this.
Old Aug 14, 2021, 6:36 am

Programs: oneworld, * Alliance, Marriott Bonvoy, HHonors, WoH
Originally Posted by Flying Yazata
That itinerary is somewhat murderous on the outbound. Only 80 min for JFK and six hours in the middle of the night at LAX for a short hop to SFO, after a long day.
Admirals Club opens at 4:30AM or 5AM depending the terminal, so it is not that bad. I had the same experience a few years ago. Dragons let me in before closing time for showers and again at 5AM.
ISTFlyer likes this.
Old Aug 14, 2021, 7:22 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
I booked this last week, £1032 including hotel in AMS.

777 from JFK to MIA swung that decision for me.

Though since booking, the LHR - NCE has been retimed and no longer meets the connection FROM JFK, so just waiting for them to book me on a later one.
m8_rotate likes this.
Old Aug 14, 2021, 10:43 am

Programs: BAEC
Has anyone managed to book this fare today? I’ve spent an hour on phone to AA who couldn’t price it and now can’t even get it booked with bookwithmatrix
Old Aug 14, 2021, 10:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite Plus,BAEC GGL,ITA Executive, AFKL Gold,QR Gold,HH Diamond,Bonvoy Gold,ALL Gold
Originally Posted by MrPrice16
Has anyone managed to book this fare today? I’ve spent an hour on phone to AA who couldn’t price it and now can’t even get it booked with bookwithmatrix
The Netherlands and Spain works perfectly for me.
France was removed a few days ago.
Old Aug 14, 2021, 11:02 am

Working fine here with bookwithmatrix and ITA Powertools (AA). Are you starting in AMS and ending in BCN or MAD?
Old Aug 14, 2021, 11:13 am

Programs: BAEC
Originally Posted by jameslon
Working fine here with bookwithmatrix and ITA Powertools (AA). Are you starting in AMS and ending in BCN or MAD?
yes using with bookwithmatrix. Starting in AMS ending in MAD. Get to payment but when I press pay on AA.com I get an error message saying one leg or fare not available .
Old Aug 14, 2021, 11:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

yes using with bookwithmatrix. Starting in AMS ending in MAD. Get to payment but when I press pay on AA.com I get an error message saying one leg or fare not available .
Send me a PM of the flight details or share it here if it's not private, I will check the issue for you.

Edit: The issue could be the sales city and currency issue as you get an error at the payment stage. Just use Sales City: New York when searching at Book with Matrix.
MrPrice16 likes this.

Last edited by ISTFlyer; Aug 14, 2021 at 11:32 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.