Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 6, 2021, 5:40 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Prospero
This thread is the continuation of the discussion hosted in the BA Tier Point Runs | 2019-20 edition thread.

Useful tips and technical pointers
El_Duderito's explanation on fare routings and the maximum permitted distance you are allowed to travel (based on the distance between the origin and destination airports)

Helpful maps
The following series of maps show a 2,000 mile radius around each oneworld hub, useful for strategic planning purposes. Hopefully these will help your imagination to run free. Click on the images to reveal the accompanying maps.

EMEA

Asia Pacific

North America

Previous editions
BA Tier Point Runs | 2019-20 edition
BA Tier Point Runs | 2018 edition
BA Tier Point Runs | 2017 edition
BA Tier Point Runs | 2016 edition
BA Tier Point Runs | 2015 edition
BA Tier Point Runs | 2014 edition
BA Tier Point Runs | original edition
Print Wikipost

BA Tier Point Runs | 2021 edition

Search this Thread

Old Jan 25, 2021, 11:11 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVPG100K, BAEC Gold, Hilton Diamond, Bonvoy Plat,
Originally Posted by econ
In F, it's hard to beat for a US domestic flight.

In J, I'd rather be on the 772 (all aisle access) that they are also flying on this route.
I still think B6 suite is better, but flagship first is definitely better than rest
Old Jan 26, 2021, 3:29 am

Programs: BAEC Gold/GGL, IHG Diamond AMB
Maybe one for the lovely KARFA here... I have an ex SOF in May out to LAX - in all honesty I can’t see it happening which is a shame as it routes via IBZ one way and HEL the other - more the fun of flying whilst getting some TPs.

It’s on 001 stock so what would happen if I just flew SOF-LHR and then moved the other segments to a later date? Was this fare historical fares repricing? Thank you
Old Jan 26, 2021, 1:27 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVPG100K, BAEC Gold, Hilton Diamond, Bonvoy Plat,
Originally Posted by our_kid
Maybe one for the lovely KARFA here... I have an ex SOF in May out to LAX - in all honesty I can’t see it happening which is a shame as it routes via IBZ one way and HEL the other - more the fun of flying whilst getting some TPs.

It’s on 001 stock so what would happen if I just flew SOF-LHR and then moved the other segments to a later date? Was this fare historical fares repricing? Thank you
AA is pretty flexible when it comes to routing.

As you booked it with their flexible booking policy, change fees are waived correct. You’d have to look at the fare rules, but I believe that changes voluntarily after one segment has flown means you can reprice at historical fares in the same fare bucket.

If the flight is cancelled (and the odds are in your favor one of them will get cancelled) I believe they will let you rebook to another date without change in fares.

Cheers
Old Jan 26, 2021, 1:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite Plus,BAEC GGL,ITA Executive, AFKL Gold,QR Gold,HH Diamond,Bonvoy Gold,ALL Gold
Originally Posted by TravelingZoomer
If the flight is cancelled (and the odds are in your favor one of them will get cancelled) I believe they will let you rebook to another date without change in fares.
Unfortunately, for this part AA is not that flexible. AA does only waive the fare difference when you rebook to another flight -24/+24 hours within your original departure time.
If someone would like to postpone his journey more than a day, unfortunately, that person would need to pay the fare difference. In this case, BA is more flexible.
Old Jan 26, 2021, 1:31 pm

Programs: BA GGL, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by ISTFlyer
Unfortunately, for this part AA is not that flexible. AA does only waive the fare difference when you rebook to another flight -24/+24 hours within your original departure time.
If someone would like to postpone his journey more than a day, unfortunately, that person would need to pay the fare difference. In this case, BA is more flexible.
thats the main reason i stopped booking with AA.
Old Jan 29, 2021, 3:00 am

Programs: BA Gold , Mucci recipient. Coffee Drinker, Blue Sky Thinker
Noticed today that my SOF to West Coast TP run early May has become pending despite being perfectly ticketed for the last six months. One of the legs ( the OTP shuffle ) has lost its 001 ticket number. I guessed that this was on the cards and urge others to check their booking for the same period.

I may look to move it but reading the comments above it looks like my options may be limited. It also could be (teir) pointless doing the run anyway if BA do follow other carriers and roll forward the expiry date of status for another year.
Old Jan 29, 2021, 3:37 am

Programs: British Airways GGL/CCR, Hilton Diamond & Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by sunshinebob
Noticed today that my SOF to West Coast TP run early May has become pending despite being perfectly ticketed for the last six months. One of the legs ( the OTP shuffle ) has lost its 001 ticket number. I guessed that this was on the cards and urge others to check their booking for the same period.

I may look to move it but reading the comments above it looks like my options may be limited. It also could be (teir) pointless doing the run anyway if BA do follow other carriers and roll forward the expiry date of status for another year.
Same
I was SOF-LHR-JFK-LAX and return

BA have consolidated the SOF route, no longer daily from what I can tell. My flight was cancelled and only the next day was offered.

This worked out well for me

Called AA for refund this morning
and BA for the positioning flights

Both fully refunded. phew.
Old Jan 29, 2021, 4:32 am

Originally Posted by PGberkshire
Same
I was SOF-LHR-JFK-LAX and return

BA have consolidated the SOF route, no longer daily from what I can tell. My flight was cancelled and only the next day was offered.

This worked out well for me

Called AA for refund this morning
and BA for the positioning flights

Both fully refunded. phew.
im glad to hear that. im on the phone with AA right now cause the refused to refund my trip. LHR-PHL-LAX got rerouted to LHR-LAX with obviouly a change in the routing and the flight numbers. German call center told me both Sunday and right now that this ticket is eligible for a refund... They just wrote an email to the refund department.... Lets see what happens about that
Old Jan 29, 2021, 4:37 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Nephoi
im glad to hear that. im on the phone with AA right now cause the refused to refund my trip. LHR-PHL-LAX got rerouted to LHR-LAX with obviouly a change in the routing and the flight numbers. German call center told me both Sunday and right now that this ticket is eligible for a refund... They just wrote an email to the refund department.... Lets see what happens about that
This is a very useful document, sets out AA's policy on whether refunds are due for schedule changes or reroutes

https://saleslink.aa.com/en-US/docum...e_plus_240.pdf
Old Jan 29, 2021, 5:23 am

Programs: Virtuoso TA; SELECT TA; BAEC Gold; Hilton Honors Diamond; IHG Plantinum Amb
Originally Posted by ISTFlyer
Yes, I noted this as well. I also saw this "Travel Exception Policy" from AA which seems to imply it may be possible to change the date of the journey, up to 31-Dec-2021, without paying any fare difference so long as the itinerary remains exactly the same and there is availability in the relevant booking class. What do others think?

https://saleslink.aa.com/en-US/blog/...on-policy.html
Attached Images  
Old Jan 29, 2021, 5:25 am

Originally Posted by KARFA
This is a very useful document, sets out AA's policy on whether refunds are due for schedule changes or reroutes

https://saleslink.aa.com/en-US/docum...e_plus_240.pdf
thank you, i know that. arrival time went from 6:39 pm to 2:30 pm.
what annoys me the most is that AA rep confirmed it"this is eligible for refund, shall i cancel that so that you can fill out the prefunds form?" (or similar)

edit: as i wrote these lines, i got the well known "your refund is complete" mail
Old Jan 29, 2021, 5:41 am

Programs: BA Gold, VS Gold
Best bag-for-your-buck Tier Point Run?

Hi

Does anyone know of a better (cheaper!) Tier Point run than Sri Lankan from Dubai to Jakarta (via Colombo) in Business? Planning ahead for later in the year but pretty much every date one that route is around £720 and gets you 560 Tier Points for the return.

Just wondered if anyone knew of any similar good-value One World ones that I'm missing?

Thanks
Old Jan 29, 2021, 5:58 am

Programs: British Airways GGL/CCR, Hilton Diamond & Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by Whenderson
Hi

Does anyone know of a better (cheaper!) Tier Point run than Sri Lankan from Dubai to Jakarta (via Colombo) in Business? Planning ahead for later in the year but pretty much every date one that route is around £720 and gets you 560 Tier Points for the return.

Just wondered if anyone knew of any similar good-value One World ones that I'm missing?

Thanks
Why not check out the thread dedicated to TP runs
https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/brit...hread-420.html
Old Jan 29, 2021, 6:11 am

Programs: BA Gold, VS Gold
Hi there PG

Thanks, I have looked at that.

But I don't think examples like the one I've given come up there (apologies if I'm wrong, I didn't see it.) Thinking of One World in general, not just BA/AA. So just wondering if anyone knows of any others.

(And just noticed my typing-too-quickly mistake in title...bang not bag!)
Old Jan 29, 2021, 6:15 am

Programs: BA GGL / GfL
Originally Posted by Whenderson
Hi there - thanks, I have. But I don't think examples like the one I've given come up there (apologies if I'm wrong, I didn't see it.) So just wondering if anyone knows of any others.
That TP run with UL on that routing has been around for a while and has many mentions on the TP run thread - however it has not been discussed since last March when UL cancelled all their flights and people had to wait months for a refund. As noted in the previous response, your best bet for asking these type of questions would be on the dedicated TP thread.

Pilot37

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.