Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 6, 2021, 5:40 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Prospero
This thread is the continuation of the discussion hosted in the BA Tier Point Runs | 2019-20 edition thread.

Useful tips and technical pointers
El_Duderito's explanation on fare routings and the maximum permitted distance you are allowed to travel (based on the distance between the origin and destination airports)

Helpful maps
The following series of maps show a 2,000 mile radius around each oneworld hub, useful for strategic planning purposes. Hopefully these will help your imagination to run free. Click on the images to reveal the accompanying maps.

EMEA

Asia Pacific

North America

Previous editions
BA Tier Point Runs | 2019-20 edition
BA Tier Point Runs | 2018 edition
BA Tier Point Runs | 2017 edition
BA Tier Point Runs | 2016 edition
BA Tier Point Runs | 2015 edition
BA Tier Point Runs | 2014 edition
BA Tier Point Runs | original edition
Print Wikipost

BA Tier Point Runs | 2021 edition

Search this Thread

Old Jul 21, 2021, 2:15 am

Programs: BAEC
Originally Posted by Jonny Saturn V
Hello, i'm still pretty noooooby on Flyertalk. Not quite grasped all the posting functionality. I keep asking a question of this quote; but it doesn't appear in this thread so I'm trying a test one last time. fingers crossed.
Originally Posted by ISTFlyer
So, I couldn't find any good complicated routing for the return as it's really hard to spot discounted First Class availability on AA for flights on Sundays. That's why the return leg is much simpler.
Total: 600TP's for $1372.40

Return leg:

Third time lucky

Hi ISTFlyer -- thanks for coming up with this. It's very good, would you mind helping me tweak this please?

I would like to do ATL-DCA bit of the above, but then stay overnight in Washington for meetings then fly LAX. I also have meetings could hold LAX so can stay a night or two there too.
*Can you help me arrive at a November itinerary that gets me back to ATL please?* Happy to fly back via DCA if that helps? Happy to have the DC meetings on the end instead of the front. Happy to dog leg anywhere that makes sense on TP.

Thanks very much
J
Old Jul 21, 2021, 2:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite Plus,BAEC GGL,ITA Executive, AFKL Gold,QR Gold,HH Diamond,Bonvoy Gold,ALL Gold
Third time lucky

Hi ISTFlyer -- thanks for coming up with this. It's very good, would you mind helping me tweak this please?

I would like to do ATL-DCA bit of the above, but then stay overnight in Washington for meetings then fly LAX. I also have meetings could hold LAX so can stay a night or two there too.
*Can you help me arrive at a November itinerary that gets me back to ATL please?* Happy to fly back via DCA if that helps? Happy to have the DC meetings on the end instead of the front. Happy to dog leg anywhere that makes sense on TP.

Thanks very much
J
Of course, do you have any preferred dates or any dates where you specifically need to be at a certain city?
Old Jul 21, 2021, 2:31 am

Programs: BAEC
Originally Posted by ISTFlyer
Of course, do you have any preferred dates or any dates where you specifically need to be at a certain city?
Nope. My TP year begins in October so November is great. DC meetings would have to be on a weekday. LA work meetings more relaxed and flexible. Weekend fine. Thanks
Old Jul 21, 2021, 2:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite Plus,BAEC GGL,ITA Executive, AFKL Gold,QR Gold,HH Diamond,Bonvoy Gold,ALL Gold
Nope. My TP year begins in October so November is great. DC meetings would have to be on a weekday. LA work meetings more relaxed and flexible. Weekend fine. Thanks
So I'll be checking ATL-WAS; WAS-LAX; LAX-ATL for you?
How many days you would like to stay in each city?
Old Jul 21, 2021, 3:44 am

Programs: BA Silver, Hilton Diamond, Marriot Gold, Radisson Gold, Amex Platinum
Seems the CDG-US OW fare is back for about 1160 for MIA, JFK and SEA again, about 80 quid more for LAX/SFO.
Old Jul 21, 2021, 6:27 am

Programs: OW Sapphire, *A Gold
With so many Ex-EU combinations possible for INX1C1S4, what is the cheapest combo that can net at least 680 TP's?

And I know this is crystal ball territory, but what are the chances that I get the new suites on (LHR-BOS) in march next year?
Old Jul 21, 2021, 6:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold
CDG-LAX back for circa £1300 later in the year with plenty of TP potential
SavvyTravel likes this.
Old Jul 21, 2021, 7:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Deckter
With so many Ex-EU combinations possible for INX1C1S4, what is the cheapest combo that can net at least 680 TP's?
CDG-LHR-JFK-SFO-LAX r/t or something similar. ( 720TP r/t )
If you precisely need 680TP's, you could avoid flying the short US domestic leg in one direction and complete your TP run in 7 segments total.

Originally Posted by Deckter
And I know this is crystal ball territory, but what are the chances that I get the new suites on (LHR-BOS) in march next year?
This really belongs to the crystal ball territory.
Deckter likes this.
Old Jul 21, 2021, 9:04 am

Bit of a ridiculous question, but I’m currently in Singapore and options for TP runs in Asia are pretty much non existent due to COVID. Home hubs for MH, and CX require quarantine, you can’t even enter Australia with QF, while UL is no go zone for now. Hence thinking of coming to the UK for a month long stay (on redemption ticket hence no TPs) and while I’m there attempt a “mega” TP run from UK to the US and / or Europe to renew GGL.

Has anyone set themselves the challenge of renewing GGL at 2,250 TPs in ONE trip, if so please share any possible itineraries? Happy to start from any UK city once I get there.
Old Jul 21, 2021, 9:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by carrotjuice
Bit of a ridiculous question, but I’m currently in Singapore and options for TP runs in Asia are pretty much non existent due to COVID. Home hubs for MH, and CX require quarantine, you can’t even enter Australia with QF, while UL is no go zone for now. Hence thinking of coming to the UK for a month long stay (on redemption ticket hence no TPs) and while I’m there attempt a “mega” TP run from UK to the US and / or Europe to renew GGL.

Has anyone set themselves the challenge of renewing GGL at 2,250 TPs in ONE trip, if so please share any possible itineraries? Happy to start from any UK city once I get there.
Hmmm, don't touch UK or Europe if you want to go Tier Point running in US...
efincomputer and ISTFlyer like this.
Old Jul 21, 2021, 11:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by carrotjuice

Assuming that you're not a US citizen
If you really need a TP run, just fly to US with JAL or Cathay without stepping into the EU/UK on a redemption ticket.
After arriving at the US, fly more than 2000TP's in domestic US TP runs. ( Domestic US TP runs are much cheaper than Domestic UK or EU<->UK runs )
Then fly USA-LHR-XXX & XXX-LHR-Canada on a revenue BA ticket ( x4 BA segments )
And then return to Singapore on a redemption ticket.

Edit: Typo mistake corrected
Nephoi likes this.

Last edited by ISTFlyer; Jul 21, 2021 at 9:58 pm
Old Jul 21, 2021, 11:49 am

Originally Posted by mikeyfly
CDG-LAX back for circa £1300 later in the year with plenty of TP potential
Thank you. Good to see a post more typical of this thread before it seemingly morphed into something else.
Old Jul 21, 2021, 11:56 am

Programs: BA GGL, Hilton Diamond
CDG-LAX back - but i wont see any possiblity for the helsinki detour - right? CDG-HEL-LHR-JFK-SFO-LAX wont work, i think
Old Jul 21, 2021, 1:37 pm

Programs: OW Sapphire, *A Gold
Originally Posted by Nephoi
CDG-LAX back - but i wont see any possiblity for the helsinki detour - right? CDG-HEL-LHR-JFK-SFO-LAX wont work, i think
It works, also from BCN (cheaper)
Old Jul 21, 2021, 1:41 pm

Programs: BA GGL, Hilton Diamond
this at least allowes 10 segments

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.