Old Feb 6, 2021, 5:40 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Prospero
This thread is the continuation of the discussion hosted in the BA Tier Point Runs | 2019-20 edition thread.

Useful tips and technical pointers
El_Duderito's explanation on fare routings and the maximum permitted distance you are allowed to travel (based on the distance between the origin and destination airports)

Helpful maps
The following series of maps show a 2,000 mile radius around each oneworld hub, useful for strategic planning purposes. Hopefully these will help your imagination to run free. Click on the images to reveal the accompanying maps.

EMEA

Asia Pacific

North America

Previous editions
BA Tier Point Runs | 2019-20 edition
BA Tier Point Runs | 2018 edition
BA Tier Point Runs | 2017 edition
BA Tier Point Runs | 2016 edition
BA Tier Point Runs | 2015 edition
BA Tier Point Runs | 2014 edition
BA Tier Point Runs | original edition
Print Wikipost

BA Tier Point Runs | 2021 edition

Old Jun 28, 2021, 9:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite Plus,BAEC GGL,ITA Executive, AFKL Gold,QR Gold,HH Diamond,Bonvoy Gold,ALL Gold
Originally Posted by DesperateDan
Morning all,

I've been preparing for my call to AA in order to rectify AY's change to my upcoming schedule and get AA to either put me on AY15 from HEL to JFK or change my routing to MAD-HEL-LHR-JFK-SFO (original routing was MAD-LHR-HEL-JFK-SFO and AY has cancelled my lunchtime departure from HEL-JFK but not re-booked me on the later AY15).

After looking through the internet I came across the attached AA document relating to schedule changes and just wondered if anyone thought I could use any particular sections of the document in my call to AA (I must admit I'm struggling to decipher the way it's worded).

My preference would be to change the routing to MAD-HEL-LHR-JFK-SFO due to the timings. Any thoughts would be appreciated.
Originally Posted by dennyzrh
As for my understanding, a direct MAD/CDG-HEL routing doesn‘t work, due to this rule:
OA Prime flights: same inventory, same fare, same orgin/ destination and same date of travel as orginally ticketed for the OA flight segments
- No OA/ Codeshare segments allowed

but give it a try
Due to the AJB agreement it should be fine for this case. AA offers flexibility rebooking on British Airways, Iberia and Finnair prime flights on TATL tickets; however, some agents insists that the policy is to take the shortest ever possible routing when possible so this might require multiple HUACA's.
Nephoi likes this.
Old Jun 28, 2021, 10:23 am

Thanks ISTFlyer, I will mention the AJB agreement.

Was also hoping to use one of the sections from the document such as: "May reroute customer same day via an alternate connecting city or next available connecting or non-stop flight. May book the first available connecting flight the next day if new flights require an overnight"

Interestingly I can't seem to find anything that would prompt/allow an agent to offer most direct services only.

Am including the direct link here as it may be easier for people to view compared to my attached PP.
Schedule_Change_plus_240.pdf (aa.com)
Old Jun 28, 2021, 6:59 pm

Programs: BA Silver; Hilton Gold; IHG Diamond Ambassador; Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by ISTFlyer
For those in the USA;
AA: Mainland USA - Fairbanks ( Alaska ) is available for $250-350 o/w. ( Depends on origin city )

As flying through ORD & DFW is mandatory by fare rules there is no way to get more than 220TP's ( 2x40 + 1x140 ) on this fare.
ORD-FAI & DFW-FAI are seasonal routes that run until early-October and availability is only present for summer 2021 and early-fall 2021.

ORD/DFW-FAI is operated by an Airbus A321neo with recliner seats and unfortunately this fare couldn't be combined with any wide-body equipped aircraft on the transatlantic legs.
Ihose are the fares I'm seeing for Econ, not Biz. Are the fares you saw gone, or am I missing something else?
Old Jun 28, 2021, 7:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite Plus,BAEC GGL,ITA Executive, AFKL Gold,QR Gold,HH Diamond,Bonvoy Gold,ALL Gold
Originally Posted by SpammersAreScum
Ihose are the fares I'm seeing for Econ, not Biz. Are the fares you saw gone, or am I missing something else?
The fare is for Domestic First.
Old Jun 28, 2021, 7:09 pm

Programs: BA Silver; Hilton Gold; IHG Diamond Ambassador; Marriott Gold
The fare is for Domestic First.
Wow. I must not be trying the right cities. Best I could find for TPA was $720 and MIA was even higher. Thanks.
Old Jun 29, 2021, 4:13 pm

Programs: AS 100k, BA GGL, UA 1k, DL DM, AC SE, B6 Mosaic4, Hyatt/Hilton/Wyndham/IHG Diamond, Marriot Ti
Originally Posted by SpammersAreScum
Wow. I must not be trying the right cities. Best I could find for TPA was $720 and MIA was even higher. Thanks.
Here's an example for GJT-DFW-FAI rt for $547
Old Jun 29, 2021, 6:30 pm

Programs: AA EXP, HH Diamond, Marriot Plat, SPG Plat, AS MVP 75k Gold, Wyndham Diamon, Caesar's Diamond,
Hi everyone, I could use a bit of help and I truly appreciate any suggestions.
I'm glancing around at options in November, I need to be near SNA/LAX from ORD/MKE on the evening of Nov 3. I leave that area late Nov 6th(could be 7th) to ORD/MKE. I'm looking for some ideas turning my trip there into a short run by nesting a TP run in there, no specific goal, other than efficient, I'd like to keep it to around 2.5k or so but I'm flexible.
Old Jul 2, 2021, 5:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by mdd100
I'm glancing around at options in November, I need to be near SNA/LAX from ORD/MKE on the evening of Nov 3. I leave that area late Nov 6th(could be 7th) to ORD/MKE. I'm looking for some ideas turning my trip there into a short run by nesting a TP run in there, no specific goal, other than efficient, I'd like to keep it to around 2.5k or so but I'm flexible.
So, I have made some checks and flight options are cheaper than $2.5k. If you have a corporate travel budget, etc... or willing to pay extra for the same amount of Tier Points, please let us know.

Unfortunately, there aren't any good TP run deals from LAX/SNA to ORD/MKE as the fares between those cities doesn't produce any 140TP segments.

If you are OK traveling on two separate tickets, please let us know so I could do further checks.
Old Jul 2, 2021, 8:20 am

Programs: AA EXP, HH Diamond, Marriot Plat, SPG Plat, AS MVP 75k Gold, Wyndham Diamon, Caesar's Diamond,
Oh yeah, definitely open to that.
Old Jul 2, 2021, 8:32 pm

So, I have made some checks and flight options are cheaper than $2.5k. If you have a corporate travel budget, etc... or willing to pay extra for the same amount of Tier Points, please let us know.

Unfortunately, there aren't any good TP run deals from LAX/SNA to ORD/MKE as the fares between those cities doesn't produce any 140TP segments.

If you are OK traveling on two separate tickets, please let us know so I could do further checks.

I'm totally open to it. I'm also open to anything else exciting out of ORD,MKE
Old Jul 2, 2021, 8:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I'm totally open to it. I'm also open to anything else exciting out of ORD,MKE
Got it, when I have the time, I'll do some research for your case.
LCSinTexas likes this.
Old Jul 3, 2021, 4:31 am

Programs: AS 100k, BA GGL, UA 1k, DL DM, AC SE, B6 Mosaic4, Hyatt/Hilton/Wyndham/IHG Diamond, Marriot Ti
If you can do a run out of LAX while you're there, you can do LAX-JFK-GEO-JFK-MIA-LAX for $1000 for 600TPs. JFK-MIA-LAX can all be on 777s. Play around on the connections you can force depending on your dates. Here's a simple example you can use as your starting point:

https://www.google.com/travel/flight...JrRhIGCAEQABgA
Old Jul 4, 2021, 12:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/LTP, BA GGL/CCR/GfL, HH D/LTD, SPG/MR Plat/LTP
As there was a nice fare to GEO from HNL, about a year and a half ago, i checked the options/rules, which seems pretty much the same as this fare from LAX. Minimum stay is 24h, so to minimize stay-over time, the routing LAX-JFK-MIA-GEO-JFK-MIA-LAX only requires one hotel night, as the MIA flight arrives late eve and depart early morning, but due to the 24h rule next day departure not allowed. The JFK flight departs 25h after the MIA arrival.

Regardless of routing, both JFK and MIA to GEO is 140 TP, so itinerarary as above, or other , including MIA and JFK in random order earns (140+40+140)x2 = 640 TP. The prices I see are $864/£630, so just under 1£/TP

The main comfort issue is that GEO-JFK is 6h10m in the 737, MIA-GEO 4h 24m in the same ac. LAX-JFK the nice lie-flat 321T, and with some planning flights between JFK-MIA v/v can also be lie-flat 777. But some comfort may be sacrificed for the sake of not staying two nights on this very hot destination, hence returning GEO-JFK as described above.
ISTFlyer likes this.
Old Jul 4, 2021, 12:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by onobond
As there was a nice fare to GEO from HNL, about a year and a half ago, i checked the options/rules, which seems pretty much the same as this fare from LAX. Minimum stay is 24h, so to minimize stay-over time, the routing LAX-JFK-MIA-GEO-JFK-MIA-LAX only requires one hotel night, as the MIA flight arrives late eve and depart early morning, but due to the 24h rule next day departure not allowed. The JFK flight departs 25h after the MIA arrival.

Regardless of routing, both JFK and MIA to GEO is 140 TP, so itinerarary as above, or other , including MIA and JFK in random order earns (140+40+140)x2 = 640 TP. The prices I see are $864/£630, so just under 1£/TP

The main comfort issue is that GEO-JFK is 6h10m in the 737, MIA-GEO 4h 24m in the same ac. LAX-JFK the nice lie-flat 321T, and with some planning flights between JFK-MIA v/v can also be lie-flat 777. But some comfort may be sacrificed for the sake of not staying two nights on this very hot destination, hence returning GEO-JFK as described above.
Nice deal, although it's sad that I need a visa to fly there.
However, it's a super deal.
Old Jul 5, 2021, 3:25 am

Originally Posted by onobond

Are you sure MIA-GEO is 140TP? The calculator says 40.
The _Banking_Scot likes this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.