Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 6, 2021, 5:40 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Prospero
This thread is the continuation of the discussion hosted in the BA Tier Point Runs | 2019-20 edition thread.

Useful tips and technical pointers
El_Duderito's explanation on fare routings and the maximum permitted distance you are allowed to travel (based on the distance between the origin and destination airports)

Helpful maps
The following series of maps show a 2,000 mile radius around each oneworld hub, useful for strategic planning purposes. Hopefully these will help your imagination to run free. Click on the images to reveal the accompanying maps.

EMEA

Asia Pacific

North America

Previous editions
BA Tier Point Runs | 2019-20 edition
BA Tier Point Runs | 2018 edition
BA Tier Point Runs | 2017 edition
BA Tier Point Runs | 2016 edition
BA Tier Point Runs | 2015 edition
BA Tier Point Runs | 2014 edition
BA Tier Point Runs | original edition
Print Wikipost

BA Tier Point Runs | 2021 edition

Search this Thread

Old Jun 24, 2021, 5:48 am

Programs: AY Plat, Swiss SEN, Hertz Gold, HH Gold, Marriott Gold, Sixt Platinum
Originally Posted by tuonopepper
Thanks.

I'll see if I can do an online change today. It seems the later HEL/JFK which would work for me is A350 not A330 and was hoping to try the throne seat out - I guess I've still got the LHR/HEL which is showing A330 for now.

If I can do an online back via LHR then I'll just try and get on the later HEL/JFK......I'll report back....
I can‘t do anything in MMB after AY cancel my flights. It only shows me, that I have to call. And when I hit the „Cancel this booking“-Button, I get an Error-Message that I have to Call
Old Jun 24, 2021, 5:56 am

Programs: BA GGL, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by dennyzrh
I can‘t do anything in MMB after AY cancel my flights. It only shows me, that I have to call. And when I hit the „Cancel this booking“-Button, I get an Error-Message that I have to Call
tell Bremen, Simon said hi
LCSinTexas and dennyzrh like this.
Old Jun 24, 2021, 6:29 am

Programs: BA GfL/GGL/CCR, HH Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador
Originally Posted by Nephoi
i've talked to bremen now several times and i think i'Ve spoken to everyone who works there. there is absolutely no chance of backtracking. even LHR-HEL-BER isnt allowed when there is no same day flight for the cancelled LHR-BER segment. The problem seems to be AY that doesnt allow rebookings onto AY prime flights. and there are no codeshare ones.
AY has nothing to do here, it's BA (or BAH) who refuse to rebook onto AY prime codes.
ISTFlyer and dennyzrh like this.
Old Jun 24, 2021, 6:40 am

Programs: BAEC Gold/GGL, IHG Diamond AMB
What about 001 stock then? That’s where mine is and previously AA have been uber flexible. Haven’t got round to calling as I want to hold off for now.
Old Jun 24, 2021, 6:41 am

Originally Posted by megaloman
AY has nothing to do here, it's BA (or BAH) who refuse to rebook onto AY prime codes.
because they dont have an agreement. and if I understood them correctly, they wanted one but didnt get one
Old Jun 24, 2021, 7:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite Plus,BAEC GGL,ITA Executive, AFKL Gold,QR Gold,HH Diamond,Bonvoy Gold,ALL Gold
I'm sorry dennyzrh , as the fare is expired; you don't have much choices and getting a refund and purchasing the same fare would no longer work.
My suggestion would be to ditch Helsinki or replace it with Madrid if you could still maintain a 24 hour connection at all destinations with the same flights. The Book with Confidence policy ensures that you have the right to be booked on the same exact routing but in this case it doesn't look possible.

By the way, I might have waited a few days as BA might catch up with AY's update and add a BA flight number to AY15/16 the evening service.
dennyzrh likes this.
Old Jun 24, 2021, 7:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite Plus,BAEC GGL,ITA Executive, AFKL Gold,QR Gold,HH Diamond,Bonvoy Gold,ALL Gold
Originally Posted by ISTFlyer
I'm sorry dennyzrh , as the fare is expired; you don't have much choices and getting a refund and purchasing the same fare would no longer work.
My suggestion would be to ditch Helsinki or replace it with Madrid if you could still maintain a 24 hour connection at all destinations with the same flights. The Book with Confidence policy ensures that you have the right to be booked on the same exact routing but in this case it doesn't look possible.

By the way, I might have waited a few days as BA might catch up with AY's update and add a BA flight number to AY15/16 the evening service.
An update on this:

I just checked the customer guidelines on BA Trade Support and there is no COVID related policy to be rebooked on AY, however, the standard customer guidelines still allow you to be rebooked on AY prime on an AJB ticket ( Atlantic joint-business ). Although, you would not be permitted to have a 24h+ layover in any of the cities.

It might require multiple HUACA's but it is possible on paper.

dennyzrh likes this.
Old Jun 24, 2021, 8:45 am

Programs: BA GfL/GGL/CCR, HH Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador
because they dont have an agreement. and if I understood them correctly, they wanted one but didnt get one
they have an interline agreement, which is enough for them to rebook you. they may seek some preferential agreement with the airline, but it's not your problem. EU261/2004 does not specify any requirements for the rebooking and there were a few ECJ rulings that confirmed airlines are obligated to offer passengers the best possible outcome for them (passengers), not airline. in case of INVOL there's no need for a valid fare to cover the route, so there should be no restrictions on rebooking you. Most of the time it's just internal difficulties made up by the airline or airline employees for the benefit of the airline, not passengers.
Old Jun 24, 2021, 9:08 am

Programs: AY Plat, Swiss SEN, Hertz Gold, HH Gold, Marriott Gold, Sixt Platinum
Originally Posted by ISTFlyer

AY15/16 has already a BA-Number…. is BA6051 and 6052

I‘m also ok to ditch HEL. But, the alternatives must be work for me. They only offer me CDG-LHR-JFK flights with 8 or 9pm arrival on 11/30. Or I can get CDG-JFK morning flight on 12/01 with a short Connection to LGA.

I asked for CDG-LHR-BOS-LGA on 11/30, with a 4:30pm domestic arrival. As my next leg started on 12/01 2:50pm I‘m in the 24h timeframe and were perfect to me. The Agent try it, but the System don‘t allow it.

But yeah, I think I wait a couple of weeks and try it again
Old Jun 24, 2021, 10:06 am

Originally Posted by megaloman
they have an interline agreement, which is enough for them to rebook you. they may seek some preferential agreement with the airline, but it's not your problem. EU261/2004 does not specify any requirements for the rebooking and there were a few ECJ rulings that confirmed airlines are obligated to offer passengers the best possible outcome for them (passengers), not airline. in case of INVOL there's no need for a valid fare to cover the route, so there should be no restrictions on rebooking you. Most of the time it's just internal difficulties made up by the airline or airline employees for the benefit of the airline, not passengers.
i know all that but all of that wasnt enough for them to rebook me onto BUD-LHR-HEL-LHR-JFK-.... instead I got VIE-HEL-LHR-JFK
Old Jun 24, 2021, 11:47 am

Similar occurrence here. Had MAD-LHR-HEL-JFK-SFO//PHX-LAX-LHR-MAD booked for this October through AA. Received an email today from Finnair (nothing from AA) telling me that my LHR-HEL flight has been moved back to 1810pm (which is fine by me) and showing my next day's 1310pm HEL-JFK has vanished with no rebooking on to AY15 at 1725pm. Have checked AA website and the complete trip has disappeared. Will give it a few days to see if AA updates my trip on their website.
Old Jun 24, 2021, 12:02 pm

Originally Posted by DesperateDan
Similar occurrence here. Had MAD-LHR-HEL-JFK-SFO//PHX-LAX-LHR-MAD booked for this October through AA. Received an email today from Finnair (nothing from AA) telling me that my LHR-HEL flight has been moved back to 1810pm (which is fine by me) and showing my next day's 1310pm HEL-JFK has vanished with no rebooking on to AY15 at 1725pm. Have checked AA website and the complete trip has disappeared. Will give it a few days to see if AA updates my trip on their website.
cant display trip data? something like that? forget it. if I remember correctly, it stays that way. try the app.
otherwise in my experience you will get the "your trip changed and we cant rebook you, give us a call" email.
Old Jun 24, 2021, 12:15 pm

cant display trip data? something like that? forget it. if I remember correctly, it stays that way. try the app.
otherwise in my experience you will get the "your trip changed and we cant rebook you, give us a call" email.
Yep, "we couldn't display trip details", although it shows the amount paid. Sounds like a call is imminent!
Old Jun 24, 2021, 12:56 pm

Originally Posted by DesperateDan
Yep, "we couldn't display trip details", although it shows the amount paid. Sounds like a call is imminent!
use the app and see whats left of the trip. if you got an Amadeus PNR rj.com usually does the trick.
Old Jun 24, 2021, 1:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by dennyzrh
AY15/16 has already a BA-Number…. is BA6051 and 6052

I‘m also ok to ditch HEL. But, the alternatives must be work for me. They only offer me CDG-LHR-JFK flights with 8 or 9pm arrival on 11/30. Or I can get CDG-JFK morning flight on 12/01 with a short Connection to LGA.

I asked for CDG-LHR-BOS-LGA on 11/30, with a 4:30pm domestic arrival. As my next leg started on 12/01 2:50pm I‘m in the 24h timeframe and were perfect to me. The Agent try it, but the System don‘t allow it.

But yeah, I think I wait a couple of weeks and try it again
3 domestic flights per direction within the USA is not permitted per the fare rules.
The maximum number of the domestic flights you could take is 2 per direction. BOS-LGA-CLT-LAX is 3.

I think that's the issue in this case.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.