BA Tier Point Runs | 2021 edition

Hide Wikipost
Old Feb 5, 21, 11:19 pm   -   Wikipost
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been on FT for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: Prospero
Wiki Link
This thread is the continuation of the discussion hosted in the BA Tier Point Runs | 2019-20 edition thread.

Useful tips and technical pointers
El_Duderito's explanation on fare routings and the maximum permitted distance you are allowed to travel (based on the distance between the origin and destination airports)

Helpful maps
The following series of maps show a 2,000 mile radius around each oneworld hub, useful for strategic planning purposes. Hopefully these will help your imagination to run free. Click on the images to reveal the accompanying maps.

EMEA

Asia Pacific

North America

Previous editions
BA Tier Point Runs | 2019-20 edition
BA Tier Point Runs | 2018 edition
BA Tier Point Runs | 2017 edition
BA Tier Point Runs | 2016 edition
BA Tier Point Runs | 2015 edition
BA Tier Point Runs | 2014 edition
BA Tier Point Runs | original edition
Print Wikipost

Old Sep 15, 22, 5:10 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, Nandos
Originally Posted by woobl View Post
Same here re: the terminal change. Had a horrible moment thinking it was cancelled, so just a terminal change was a nice surprise!
…..for now.
woobl likes this.
Old Sep 16, 22, 1:19 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, IHG Spire Elite, HHonors Diamond
This is the seat map for myself on the 3rd Nov LHR-SOF flight:

g
KARFA likes this.

Last edited by xenole; Sep 16, 22 at 5:42 am
Old Sep 16, 22, 4:59 am

Programs: BAEC Gold (1w Emerald), United Platinum (*G), Marriott Plat Elite
Originally Posted by Spongthrush View Post
Has anyone else noticed that AA east-west coast - even less attractive routes like BOS-PHX - seem to be showing I0 in expertflyer for next April for every flight. I should have booked last week when there were tons of I class availability!
Keep refreshing and the availability will come - I was booking a flight for 8th October where I bucket got 0'd on Tuesday and today there's plenty of space available
Old Sep 16, 22, 5:22 am

Programs: BAEC Silver
Originally Posted by Picaforte View Post
I am 15 tier points away from Silver (currently at bronze). Need help for a WEEKEND (Saturday/ Sunday) tier points run from London.

Collection year ends on the 8th of November!! any ideas on routes?
I did an afternoon in Geneva a few years back for this reason. Easy flight, you can get a free local train ticket from a machine at the airport to head into the centre, have a sandwich by the lake and then head back to the airport.
MaxFlyer and Picaforte like this.
Old Sep 16, 22, 10:18 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by happeemonkee View Post
Cheers for the info. The only flight available now from BUD is 4 hours earlier at 7.40am which has wrecked my plans for a B2B
To add to my woes, just spoke to AA to move to the 7.40am BUD - LHR flight and there's no Club Europe available, only economy. The agent said no compensation was due but to write to customer services who may give a voucher. I thought EU downgrade compensation would be due???
Old Sep 16, 22, 10:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite Plus,QR Platinum,BAEC GGL,ITA Executive,Frontier 20k,All Silver,HH Diamond,Bonvoy Gold
To add to my woes, just spoke to AA to move to the 7.40am BUD - LHR flight and there's no Club Europe available, only economy. The agent said no compensation was due but to write to customer services who may give a voucher. I thought EU downgrade compensation would be due???
If you have voluntarily asked the 07:40 departure and if there were other options the same day and you chose the best option that suited your schedule voluntarily no EC261/2004 compensation would be due since you have asked to be moved that flight on your own and you were probably advised on the phone call that Club wasn't available.
Lefly likes this.
Old Sep 16, 22, 10:32 am

Originally Posted by ISTFlyer View Post
If you have voluntarily asked the 07:40 departure and if there were other options the same day and you chose the best option that suited your schedule voluntarily no EC261/2004 compensation would be due since you have asked to be moved that flight on your own and you were probably advised on the phone call that Club wasn't available.
The 07.40 departure is the only one available to connect to my LHR - JFK flights. The original flight that was cancelled was the 11.20am BUD - LHR
Old Sep 16, 22, 10:40 am

Programs: BA GGL, A3 Gold, M&M SEN, FlyingBlue Gold, AS MVP Gold, Hilton Diamond, IHG Spire Amb
The 07.40 departure is the only one available to connect to my LHR - JFK flights. The original flight that was cancelled was the 11.20am BUD - LHR
ask to have that sector removed if you can start at lhr
Old Sep 16, 22, 10:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite Plus,QR Platinum,BAEC GGL,ITA Executive,Frontier 20k,All Silver,HH Diamond,Bonvoy Gold
Since you are continuing to Hawaii, there would be various other options as overnighting, etc... or take different connecting cities. It's a very rare possibility that the flight you're now taking in the only option from Budapest to your Hawaiian destination.

Also, EC261/2004 needs to be claimed by the operating carrier and here AA did downgrade you so even if you would like to open a claim, it would be a hard challenge.

If I were you, I would have waited since BA might shift the curtain back on an intra-European flight which we see quite often. However, in this case, AA is unlikely to accommodate you in Club even if space opens other than recalculating the fare, however, if space opens, maybe try to call them and you might get a willing agent to move you back to Club.

Originally Posted by wmaciej View Post
It's an AA ticket I'm afraid, if it was a BA ticket, yes, that would be the best case for the OP.
Old Sep 16, 22, 11:32 am

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by jeffski View Post
I did an afternoon in Geneva a few years back for this reason. Easy flight, you can get a free local train ticket from a machine at the airport to head into the centre, have a sandwich by the lake and then head back to the airport.
Sadly that free ticket machine has gone
Old Sep 16, 22, 12:19 pm

Originally Posted by ISTFlyer View Post
Since you are continuing to Hawaii, there would be various other options as overnighting, etc... or take different connecting cities. It's a very rare possibility that the flight you're now taking in the only option from Budapest to your Hawaiian destination.

Also, EC261/2004 needs to be claimed by the operating carrier and here AA did downgrade you so even if you would like to open a claim, it would be a hard challenge.

If I were you, I would have waited since BA might shift the curtain back on an intra-European flight which we see quite often. However, in this case, AA is unlikely to accommodate you in Club even if space opens other than recalculating the fare, however, if space opens, maybe try to call them and you might get a willing agent to move you back to Club.
I haven't made any changes as yet. I told the agent to leave it for now.

My original booking was
6/12 BUD - LHR - JFK
7/12 JFK - LAX - HNL

BA cancelled the late morning BUD - LHR flight, AA agent said only option available on the same day is the 07.40 flight but economy only. Other options available were to take the BUD - LHR flight a day earlier on 5/12 (which would neccessitate a stopover and hotel in Heathrow) or a refund.
I'll leave it for a bit to see if BA opens up more Club Europe on 6/12.
Thanks for the help
Old Sep 16, 22, 12:20 pm

Originally Posted by wmaciej View Post
First question I asked the agent but a big fat no!
Old Sep 16, 22, 1:19 pm

Programs: BA GGL, TK E (*G), ITA exec
I haven't made any changes as yet. I told the agent to leave it for now.

My original booking was
6/12 BUD - LHR - JFK
7/12 JFK - LAX - HNL

BA cancelled the late morning BUD - LHR flight, AA agent said only option available on the same day is the 07.40 flight but economy only. Other options available were to take the BUD - LHR flight a day earlier on 5/12 (which would neccessitate a stopover and hotel in Heathrow) or a refund.
I'll leave it for a bit to see if BA opens up more Club Europe on 6/12.
Thanks for the help
I think it's also depends from how many TPs you want/need to get from this trip. If you fly Y, you get Y TPs.
My personal choice would be to take the last BUD-LHR flight on 5/12, fly LHR-JFK-LAX on 6/12 and LAX-HNL on 7/12... but that's me
Old Sep 16, 22, 1:43 pm

Originally Posted by Lefly View Post
I think it's also depends from how many TPs you want/need to get from this trip. If you fly Y, you get Y TPs.
My personal choice would be to take the last BUD-LHR flight on 5/12, fly LHR-JFK-LAX on 6/12 and LAX-HNL on 7/12... but that's me
To be honest I think that’s what I’ll do. I’ve already written down all the alternative flight numbers for those dates.
Old Sep 17, 22, 1:16 pm

Programs: ba
Looks great but can’t get anything on this routing for any time in 2023 ?

Search this Thread