Reload this Page >

Miles&Points

Airlines and Mileage Programs

British Airways | Executive Club

BA Tier Point Runs | 2021 edition

BA Tier Point Runs | 2021 edition

Hide Wikipost
Old Feb 5, 21, 11:19 pm   -   Wikipost
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been on FT for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: Prospero
Wiki Link
This thread is the continuation of the discussion hosted in the BA Tier Point Runs | 2019-20 edition thread.

Useful tips and technical pointers
El_Duderito's explanation on fare routings and the maximum permitted distance you are allowed to travel (based on the distance between the origin and destination airports)

Helpful maps
The following series of maps show a 2,000 mile radius around each oneworld hub, useful for strategic planning purposes. Hopefully these will help your imagination to run free. Click on the images to reveal the accompanying maps.

EMEA

Asia Pacific

North America

Previous editions
BA Tier Point Runs | 2019-20 edition
BA Tier Point Runs | 2018 edition
BA Tier Point Runs | 2017 edition
BA Tier Point Runs | 2016 edition
BA Tier Point Runs | 2015 edition
BA Tier Point Runs | 2014 edition
BA Tier Point Runs | original edition
Print Wikipost

Old Sep 14, 22, 1:07 pm

Originally Posted by rontse View Post
Hello, booked a LHR-SOF-LHR run in Dec, I want to add a LHR-MAN Econ(N) to get an extra 10 TP.

The SOF to LHR T3 arrives at 15:35 and LHR T5 to MAN departs at 17:35. Do I just follow the connecting flights sign to get from T3 to T5 when I get off the inbound flight? Or do I need to go through border security and back in?

Thank you.
can someone please confirm this?? Thanks.
Old Sep 14, 22, 1:19 pm

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, HH Diamond, IHG Spire Ambassador
Originally Posted by rontse View Post
can someone please confirm this?? Thanks.
Sofia will depart/arrive at T5 in December, so this should make your connection smoother as you won't need to take the bus between T3 and T5.

On arrival from Sofia follow signs to Flight Connections, there go through the domestic connections - you'll need to clear immigration there - then biometrics will be taken at the bp scan and you rejoin the queue for security. You need to arrive at the bp scan at least 35 minutes before your departure flight.
LCSinTexas likes this.
Old Sep 14, 22, 2:03 pm

Originally Posted by megaloman View Post
Sofia will depart/arrive at T5 in December, so this should make your connection smoother as you won't need to take the bus between T3 and T5.

On arrival from Sofia follow signs to Flight Connections, there go through the domestic connections - you'll need to clear immigration there - then biometrics will be taken at the bp scan and you rejoin the queue for security. You need to arrive at the bp scan at least 35 minutes before your departure flight.
Noooo. I was looking forward to breakfast at CX lounge, but as you said on the upside, connecting to MAN is a bit easier.

thank you!
Old Sep 15, 22, 6:29 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, IHG Spire Elite, HHonors Diamond
No cancellations as of yet for SOF, but my seat has been changed on the 3rd Nov SOF-LHR flight Now further forward than 8A....

Also had an email telling me flights are from T5 instead of T3

Last edited by xenole; Sep 15, 22 at 9:49 am
Old Sep 15, 22, 7:16 am

Programs: BA Exec Silver, Marriott Platinum
I was due to go to SOF 28th-30th and like many above the 30th back has been cancelled. Partially was a weekend break but also chosen as 80tp route as i'm 95tps short of Gold which are needed by 8th Nov. I can't go away any other weekend - i assume my only option is to cancel and rebook elsewhere however prices seem very expensive as i think it's end of Half Term. I assume BA wouldn't reroute elsewhere in this scenario for free e.g. to Bucharest? (I know that may be a nave/hopeful question also...)
Old Sep 15, 22, 9:08 am

Programs: A3G, BA Silver, LH Senator, Volare Premium
Originally Posted by IslingtonFlyer View Post
I was due to go to SOF 28th-30th and like many above the 30th back has been cancelled. Partially was a weekend break but also chosen as 80tp route as i'm 95tps short of Gold which are needed by 8th Nov. I can't go away any other weekend.
You could call and try moving the whole trip to OTP using the 300 mile gateway change option. If they refuse you can reduce it to an overnight trip and come back on the 29th.
Old Sep 15, 22, 10:28 am

AA I class on transcons - zeroed?

Has anyone else noticed that AA east-west coast - even less attractive routes like BOS-PHX - seem to be showing I0 in expertflyer for next April for every flight. I should have booked last week when there were tons of I class availability!
Old Sep 15, 22, 10:30 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, Nandos
Originally Posted by xenole View Post
No cancellations as of yet for SOF, but my seat has been changed on the 3rd Nov SOF-LHR flight Now further forward than 8A....

Also had an email telling me flights are from T5 instead of T3
Got this email too :-(
Old Sep 15, 22, 10:55 am

Programs: BA, SQ, VS, Lifetime Diamond Club Appreciator
Originally Posted by Spongthrush View Post
Has anyone else noticed that AA east-west coast - even less attractive routes like BOS-PHX - seem to be showing I0 in expertflyer for next April for every flight. I should have booked last week when there were tons of I class availability!
Yes, I've noticed this too for wide windows in different months. Every flight is I0 (on all coast to coast routes).

It appears that R class fares allow booking in J domestically - but obviously those fares are quite a bit more expensive
Old Sep 15, 22, 3:35 pm

Programs: one world
Just looking on google flights and see that I can get from sofia to (change at heathrow) New York return for 1905, How many tier points would i get in business?
I am thinking 440 tier points?
as assume the more stops you do the more tier points you get?

Last edited by markie23; Sep 15, 22 at 3:43 pm
Old Sep 15, 22, 3:48 pm

Programs: Bonvoy Ambassador, HH G, BR Diamond/*G, BAEC Gold, AS MVP Gold, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by markie23 View Post
How many tier points would i get in business?
I am thinking 440 tier points?
Correct (80+140) x 2.

Originally Posted by markie23 View Post
as assume the more stops you do the more tier points you get?
That's usually the gist of it, as long as you're not breaking a 2000+mile flight into two flights of shorter length that aren't 2000+ miles. So don't break something like LAX-JFK into LAX-ORD-JFK, but into something like LAX-SFO-JFK.
Old Sep 15, 22, 4:06 pm

Programs: one world
thank you for your confirmation, I need to get 625 points to hit gold by 8th october so trying to find best way. Found flying from sophia was cheapest option so far
Old Sep 15, 22, 4:26 pm

I am 15 tier points away from Silver (currently at bronze). Need help for a WEEKEND (Saturday/ Sunday) tier points run from London.

Collection year ends on the 8th of November!! any ideas on routes?
Old Sep 15, 22, 4:32 pm

Programs: BA Exec Silver, Flying Blue Gold
Originally Posted by Picaforte View Post
I am 15 tier points away from Silver (currently at bronze). Need help for a WEEKEND (Saturday/ Sunday) tier points run from London.

Collection year ends on the 8th of November!! any ideas on routes?
You could just go to Manchester and back in Economy for 10 tier points each way.

Just make sure you book a fare in one of the following classes:

K, L, M, N, S or V

Do NOT book in gate classes Q, O or G, as youll only get 5 Tier Points each way.

You can find the online Tier Points Calculator here:

https://www.britishairways.com/trave...r/public/en_gb
Picaforte likes this.
Old Sep 15, 22, 4:41 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver
Originally Posted by TPRun View Post
Got this email too :-(
Same here re: the terminal change. Had a horrible moment thinking it was cancelled, so just a terminal change was a nice surprise!

Search this Thread