Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 6, 2021, 5:40 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Prospero
This thread is the continuation of the discussion hosted in the BA Tier Point Runs | 2019-20 edition thread.

Useful tips and technical pointers
El_Duderito's explanation on fare routings and the maximum permitted distance you are allowed to travel (based on the distance between the origin and destination airports)

Helpful maps
The following series of maps show a 2,000 mile radius around each oneworld hub, useful for strategic planning purposes. Hopefully these will help your imagination to run free. Click on the images to reveal the accompanying maps.

EMEA

Asia Pacific

North America

Previous editions
BA Tier Point Runs | 2019-20 edition
BA Tier Point Runs | 2018 edition
BA Tier Point Runs | 2017 edition
BA Tier Point Runs | 2016 edition
BA Tier Point Runs | 2015 edition
BA Tier Point Runs | 2014 edition
BA Tier Point Runs | original edition
Print Wikipost

BA Tier Point Runs | 2021 edition

Search this Thread

Old Jul 3, 2022, 7:30 am
Formerly richh1833

Programs: QF P1, BA GGL, AS GMVP
Thanks both. I'm only worried that if there is a delay in BUD then I'll miss my connecting flights to HNL. Would it be wiser to book BUD-LHR-JFK rather than BUD-HEL-LHR-JFK on the inbound?

As for flights, appreciate it m8_rotate! I should have specified! I meant flights originating from the West Coast (Intra-US) or within South East/South Asia. Apologises. I'm based in SYD so I'm looking for opportunities to get GGL within the next 6 months with the reduced requirements!
Sifu and m8_rotate like this.
Old Jul 3, 2022, 7:47 am

Programs: BAEC Gold/ GGL / Avis Preferred/ Hilton Honours Diamond
Originally Posted by richh1833
Thanks both. I'm only worried that if there is a delay in BUD then I'll miss my connecting flights to HNL. Would it be wiser to book BUD-LHR-JFK rather than BUD-HEL-LHR-JFK on the inbound?

As for flights, appreciate it m8_rotate! I should have specified! I meant flights originating from the West Coast (Intra-US) or within South East/South Asia. Apologises. I'm based in SYD so I'm looking for opportunities to get GGL within the next 6 months with the reduced requirements!
Ah I understand, still I re-worked my Matrix skills, good luck on your quest!
Old Jul 3, 2022, 8:10 am

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, Hilton Honors Diamond, Virgin Flying Club Gold
Originally Posted by richh1833

Throwing one out of the box, there is an option of doing AUH-CMB-CGK with UL for 560TP. The price isn't as good as it was pre-covid when it was around the Ł600ish mark but you can still get it for just under Ł1.50 per TP. It does mean having to travel further out to Abu Dhabi but you can nest some flights from SE Asia and there is no requirement to quarantine in either location if fully vaccinated. Going by Matrix, it looks like regardless of dates over the next few months, it is simply one price for the mean time.

Last edited by Sifu; Jul 3, 2022 at 8:20 am
Old Jul 3, 2022, 8:50 am

Originally Posted by m8_rotate
Also, this is sooner in Jan 23, 840 TPS, it's worth bearing in mind that flights posted here are often snapped up by the silent observing! Good luck.

I have a version of this booked for end of August - you can sneak in a LHR and LAX as well for the extra TPs.
Old Jul 4, 2022, 1:18 am

Programs: BA Executive Club
Originally Posted by Shamankian
I have a version of this booked for end of August - you can sneak in a LHR and LAX as well for the extra TPs.
Or ARN if mpm does not allow LHR
Old Jul 4, 2022, 9:03 am

Programs: BA GGL for a little while longer
Originally Posted by Sifu
Throwing one out of the box, there is an option of doing AUH-CMB-CGK with UL for 560TP. The price isn't as good as it was pre-covid when it was around the Ł600ish mark but you can still get it for just under Ł1.50 per TP. It does mean having to travel further out to Abu Dhabi but you can nest some flights from SE Asia and there is no requirement to quarantine in either location if fully vaccinated. Going by Matrix, it looks like regardless of dates over the next few months, it is simply one price for the mean time.

I'm fairly adventurous, but I don't think I would be comfortable travelling through Sri Lanka right now, the country's in a terrible state.
Toto1808 likes this.
Old Jul 4, 2022, 10:45 am

Programs: DL PlatMM, BA and Alaska Emerald, HHonors DIA, Accor, Marriott Titanium, IHG Plat Amb, UA Silver, AA
Originally Posted by Shamankian
Can someone elaborate on this? Does routing rules allow some weird routings via ??? on this fare? or is that a secret
Old Jul 4, 2022, 10:55 am

Originally Posted by kyushuman
Can someone elaborate on this? Does routing rules allow some weird routings via ??? on this fare? or is that a secret
Not an expert, but to my knowledge, the fare rules allow you two stops in Europe and 2 in North America. Then there is Maximum Permitted Mileage as well, but the routing I stated just barely fits in.
Toto1808 likes this.
Old Jul 4, 2022, 12:18 pm

Programs: BA
Suggestions

Hi all
I’m new to Tier point runs and have never really considered one until this year where I find myself 190 points from Gold for the first time. My collection year ends in October and I’m not sure I’ll get another business flight in before then.
Can I have suggestions on best routes / methods people may know to get 190 points or close please? Are there known cheapest but most profitable destinations?
thanks for any help.
Old Jul 4, 2022, 1:26 pm

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, Hilton Honors Diamond, Virgin Flying Club Gold
Originally Posted by Joerp
Hi all
I’m new to Tier point runs and have never really considered one until this year where I find myself 190 points from Gold for the first time. My collection year ends in October and I’m not sure I’ll get another business flight in before then.
Can I have suggestions on best routes / methods people may know to get 190 points or close please? Are there known cheapest but most profitable destinations?
thanks for any help.
You could do a SH+ CE fare for 160TP return and then do a one way CE for 40TP.
m8_rotate likes this.
Old Jul 4, 2022, 1:28 pm

Programs: British Airways GGL/CCR, Hilton Diamond & Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by Joerp
Hi all
thanks for any help.
speedbird.online
search by Ł per Tp
jfkeze and m8_rotate like this.
Old Jul 4, 2022, 2:11 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold
Hi Guys,

Been trashing it out with ITA for the last 2 days! Looking for a DUB to CUN around April 2023; 3/4 returning 11/12.

I've exhausted DFW, ORD, PHX, MIA, PHL routes - but wondered if anyone whose better at ITA than me can find something agreeable?

Sorry to ask - I know it's lazy - only if someone has the time I've tried for days - but something never quite works out!

Thanks!
N
Old Jul 4, 2022, 3:15 pm

Programs: British Airways GGL/CCR, Hilton Diamond & Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by Neil Scrivener
Hi Guys,

Been trashing it out with ITA for the last 2 days! Looking for a DUB to CUN around April 2023; 3/4 returning 11/12.

I've exhausted DFW, ORD, PHX, MIA, PHL routes - but wondered if anyone whose better at ITA than me can find something agreeable?

Sorry to ask - I know it's lazy - only if someone has the time I've tried for days - but something never quite works out!

Thanks!
N
What prices have you found
Old Jul 4, 2022, 3:31 pm

Currently about €3,500+ too much for Dublin! €1,500 would be nice on AA/BA.
Old Jul 5, 2022, 12:49 am

Originally Posted by Neil Scrivener

You should start with a simple calendar search DUB-CUN for the whole of April 2023, without specifying a routing. If that doesn't return a fare you're happy with then no such fare exists and that's the end of the matter (for now, at least). If you do find a fare you like then start adding connection points and build an itinerary.

If you can be flexible with dates I can see a fare of Ł1,381 with BA on certain days in April 2023.

April is still some way away, and there's a good chance that a better fare will appear in the next few months If you're able to wait.
flyerkit, Sifu and Toto1808 like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.