Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 6, 2021, 5:40 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Prospero
This thread is the continuation of the discussion hosted in the BA Tier Point Runs | 2019-20 edition thread.

Useful tips and technical pointers
El_Duderito's explanation on fare routings and the maximum permitted distance you are allowed to travel (based on the distance between the origin and destination airports)

Helpful maps
The following series of maps show a 2,000 mile radius around each oneworld hub, useful for strategic planning purposes. Hopefully these will help your imagination to run free. Click on the images to reveal the accompanying maps.

EMEA

Asia Pacific

North America

Previous editions
BA Tier Point Runs | 2019-20 edition
BA Tier Point Runs | 2018 edition
BA Tier Point Runs | 2017 edition
BA Tier Point Runs | 2016 edition
BA Tier Point Runs | 2015 edition
BA Tier Point Runs | 2014 edition
BA Tier Point Runs | original edition
Print Wikipost

BA Tier Point Runs | 2021 edition

Search this Thread

Old Jun 26, 2022, 4:30 pm

Deleted

Last edited by AirbusA350; Jun 26, 2022 at 4:35 pm
Old Jun 26, 2022, 4:35 pm

Originally Posted by LondonGlobalist
Thanks.

Managed to get LHR - HEL - DBX return (A350s both LHR legs /A330s DBX) for £1,030.37 all-in via Finnair so have booked it. 560TPs…
Sorry how is this 560 TPs? It’s 440 right?

LHR - HEL - LHR = 160
HEL - DXB - HEL = 280

Am I missing something here?

Still 440 is a great deal and there will be no faff of positioning flights (assuming you’re London/UK based) either!
Old Jun 26, 2022, 4:55 pm

My bad - I erroneously boosted the LHR - HEL to 140, not 80… you’re correct.
Old Jun 26, 2022, 5:48 pm

Programs: BA Silver
HEL - LIS

hi all, so went to book the HEL-AGP for august and turns out they've cancelled a load of flights to malaga in august only flying on selected days now. Looking to rebook to Lisbon instead however its flying on a DAT A320 operated for Finnair. Will that through up any complications when it comes to the tier points etc? its 2 weeks before my deadline to get gold

thanks
Toto1808 likes this.
Old Jun 26, 2022, 5:49 pm

Originally Posted by twilson1995
hi all, so went to book the HEL-AGP for august and turns out they've cancelled a load of flights to malaga in august only flying on selected days now. Looking to rebook to Lisbon instead however its flying on a DAT A320 operated for Finnair. Will that through up any complications when it comes to the tier points etc? its 2 weeks before my deadline to get gold

thanks
No you won’t have any problems with TPs etc. It’ll earn as if it were a normal AY operated service. This is true for all wet-lease arrangements including the current IB, I2 and AY wet-leases BA are using themselves right now
Toto1808 likes this.
Old Jun 26, 2022, 6:30 pm

Programs: BA Silver
Originally Posted by AirbusA350
No you won’t have any problems with TPs etc. It’ll earn as if it were a normal AY operated service. This is true for all wet-lease arrangements including the current IB, I2 and AY wet-leases BA are using themselves right now
thats brilliant thanks! kinda gutted has had everything planned for malaga but I guess a DAT A320 will be a rare addition to the log.
Toto1808 likes this.
Old Jun 27, 2022, 12:33 am

Won't LIS-HEL rather than AGP be 40 rather than 80 TP though?
Old Jun 27, 2022, 12:39 am

Programs: BA Executive Club
Originally Posted by flashware
Won't LIS-HEL rather than AGP be 40 rather than 80 TP though?
It won't. HEL-LIS is also 140TP as HEL-AGP and others in business class.
AirbusA350 likes this.
Old Jun 27, 2022, 12:42 am

Originally Posted by Toto1808
It won't. HEL-LIS is also 140TP as HEL-AGP and others in business class.
Ah! But most people fly ex AGP as the price is consistently cheaper? Got it.
Toto1808 likes this.
Old Jun 27, 2022, 2:46 am

Programs: BA GfL & GGL, FB Platinum, MB Titanium, Hilton Diamond
It is flat bed. The hard product is a long-haul product of course but all the soft products (ie. Catering, bedding) will be their short haul business class product, that’s how DXB always has been sold as by AY even Pre-COVID, except Pre-COVID they were able to use Russian airspace, making it a couple of hours shorter, whereas now they have a circuitous route around Belarus, Ukraine.

So by short-haul business product, AY are currently only offering one meal choice (usually vegetarian or fish dish), no bedding, perhaps just pillow/cushion and if bedding requested, it won’t be the full bedding used on long-haul J. Still I don’t think any of this will make it a dreadful experience by any means, but it’s just worth bearing in mind
Because it’s a short haul service those in economy have to pay for their food and drink on board!

I flew this route last year and even the cabin crew were embarrassed that the route wasn’t been treated as a proper long haul. They said that AY will only take notice if passengers complain.

Unfortunately, the new winter timetable for DXB has worse timings than before.

There’s a dedicated thread on this route on the AY forum.
Old Jun 27, 2022, 8:00 pm

Are these Finnair flights to Dubai any good for a run?

https://www.turningleftforless.com/o...star-alliance/
Old Jun 27, 2022, 8:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite Plus,BAEC GGL,ITA Executive, AFKL Gold,QR Gold,HH Diamond,Bonvoy Gold,ALL Gold
Originally Posted by RG1X

440 Tier Points for GBP 946 is a good value, especially if originating from London, however, there are a few things to notice.

- Unless you have BA Silver status or higher, there would be no lounge access, no complimentary seat selection, no priority check-in, and any additional benefits that comes with Business Class unless you pay the upcharge to Business Classic ( should be about GBP 100-150 per direction )

- Hotels in Dubai are expensive. If you are planning to overnight bear that in mind. Food&beverage is also expensive in Dubai compared to other European cities.

Thus doing 3 Sofia back-to-backs in Club Europe could accrue similar number of Tier Points for the same price but this once is more comfortable alongside with additional costs.
lsquare and Nephoi like this.
Old Jun 28, 2022, 3:57 am

Thanks. I'm not entirely comfortable with back to backs (very low threshold for risk).

I was basically planning on doing the minimum stay, so I'll see what options might work.
Old Jun 28, 2022, 8:04 am

Programs: BA Executive Club
Originally Posted by RG1X

This also could work from MAN and EDI.
MaxFlyer and AirbusA350 like this.
Old Jun 28, 2022, 2:53 pm

Programs: BA Gold, AA PLT PRO, AGR, Strawberry (Nordic Choice), Marriott Bonvoy
Originally Posted by twilson1995
thats brilliant thanks! kinda gutted has had everything planned for malaga but I guess a DAT A320 will be a rare addition to the log.
I looked at doing LIS instead of AGP but the LIS flight doesn’t have a true back to back (believe plane does a night stop in LIS) so it’s less good for a pure MR. Would like in future to take an actual trip to LIS so I’ll keep the HEL-LIS flight in mind for then too and hope it’s still running then.

I noticed above that someone mentioned AY flights to ACE/TFN/TFS — didn’t know these existed. Why did you show them in grey on the post? Are they theoretical or only seasonal?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.