Old Feb 6, 2021, 5:40 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Prospero
This thread is the continuation of the discussion hosted in the BA Tier Point Runs | 2019-20 edition thread.

Useful tips and technical pointers
El_Duderito's explanation on fare routings and the maximum permitted distance you are allowed to travel (based on the distance between the origin and destination airports)

Helpful maps
The following series of maps show a 2,000 mile radius around each oneworld hub, useful for strategic planning purposes. Hopefully these will help your imagination to run free. Click on the images to reveal the accompanying maps.

EMEA

Asia Pacific

North America

Previous editions
BA Tier Point Runs | 2019-20 edition
BA Tier Point Runs | 2018 edition
BA Tier Point Runs | 2017 edition
BA Tier Point Runs | 2016 edition
BA Tier Point Runs | 2015 edition
BA Tier Point Runs | 2014 edition
BA Tier Point Runs | original edition
Print Wikipost

BA Tier Point Runs | 2021 edition

Old Jun 21, 2022, 2:11 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by flashware
Booked on BA or AA ticket stock? Is SFO the final destination or are you connecting further?
The full flight was DUB-LHR-JFK-LAX-SFO, it's an AA ticket on a mixture of BA and AA metal
Old Jun 21, 2022, 2:14 am

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by l31g
Thanks for the note!
Please correct me if I'm wrong, but I understood from the BA email that the 450 (actually they emailed me only wanting 300 for Silver) are only for keeping the status. My collection year ends in August and my status expires in September, so I was planning to get the trips done between those dates so I end up getting 2 years of Silver. I might just do a pretty cheap BA econ to Barcelona via LHR to get the 4 flights.
If you get your TPs between August and Dec 2022 I think you only need 450 TPs to requalify for silver.
Old Jun 21, 2022, 3:03 am

Programs: BA Gold, Mucci
Originally Posted by danmushman
If you get your TPs between August and Dec 2022 I think you only need 450 TPs to requalify for silver.
Correct, it's 450 for renewal and achieving it. There is no difference.
Old Jun 21, 2022, 6:18 am

Originally Posted by stephenjc
The full flight was DUB-LHR-JFK-LAX-SFO, it's an AA ticket on a mixture of BA and AA metal
There have been some reports of AA pushing back on you trying to reimpose the original itinerary, but I think with a simple HUACA (if the first agent doesn't sort it) you should be able to get it back no worries.
stephenjc and Toto1808 like this.
Old Jun 21, 2022, 7:48 am

Originally Posted by flashware
There have been some reports of AA pushing back on you trying to reimpose the original itinerary, but I think with a simple HUACA (if the first agent doesn't sort it) you should be able to get it back no worries.
Just off the phone to AA. I did my research beforehand to select the flights I wanted (times had changed etc). Spoke to a great guy who had everything sorted in 20 minutes.

So, back to the original routing, slightly less convenient times (a much earlier start in SFO), but I'll get all the TPs I need.
Old Jun 21, 2022, 7:52 am

BUD - HNL

Pricing out in Feb '23 at Ł1,391 via BOS & PHX.

Looks like you can do a 'Book with Matrix' choosing AA as the option.

Last edited by JimmyTheJock; Jun 21, 2022 at 8:27 am Reason: Link not working!
Old Jun 21, 2022, 10:05 am

Originally Posted by stephenjc
Just off the phone to AA. I did my research beforehand to select the flights I wanted (times had changed etc). Spoke to a great guy who had everything sorted in 20 minutes.

So, back to the original routing, slightly less convenient times (a much earlier start in SFO), but I'll get all the TPs I need.
A good result!
stephenjc likes this.
Old Jun 21, 2022, 12:35 pm

Programs: BA Silver, SPG Platinum
I am trying to achieve it after my year ends to get 2 years worth. Anyway, I booked a 560TP trip to Bolivia and Chile for about 1600GBP! LAS-MIA-GRU-VVI one ticket and SCL-MIA-LAX on another
Originally Posted by FlightDetective
Correct, it's 450 for renewal and achieving it. There is no difference.
Old Jun 21, 2022, 1:17 pm

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by l31g
I am trying to achieve it after my year ends to get 2 years worth. Anyway, I booked a 560TP trip to Bolivia and Chile for about 1600GBP! LAS-MIA-GRU-VVI one ticket and SCL-MIA-LAX on another
450 will get it after your year ends, as long as you get them by end 2022
l31g likes this.
Old Jun 21, 2022, 1:37 pm

Programs: LH SEN, SPG Plat.M&S E+
Originally Posted by JimmyTheJock
Pricing out in Feb '23 at Ł1,391 via BOS & PHX.

Looks like you can do a 'Book with Matrix' choosing AA as the option.
Or bit $ more via DFW with 777/787 lie flat.
Old Jun 21, 2022, 1:54 pm

Originally Posted by no_idea
Or bit $ more via DFW with 777/787 lie flat.
But this is the TP Run thread, where connecting in DFW is rarely a good idea.
Old Jun 21, 2022, 2:48 pm

Programs: BAEC
Originally Posted by Misco60
Haha yeah was thinking the same thing. I’m getting soft in my old age and I just can’t face the too short JFK-LHR on the way home. Something like HNL-DFW-AUS-LHR is much more civilised. Nice little treat to get dinner and a movie before bed on a TATL eastbound!
Old Jun 21, 2022, 9:53 pm

Programs: Plat Pro AAdvantage, but defected to BAEC
Originally Posted by Misco60
BOG-DFW works I believe. I had a BOG-DFW-CLT-SAN for the 4th leg of a TP run that I ultimately had to cancel when AA pulled the lie flats off two of my LAX-MIA red eyes. Those 3 flights would have netted 320TP for about $350
Toto1808 likes this.
Old Jun 21, 2022, 10:48 pm

Programs: British Airways Executive Club Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium Elite, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond Amb
Just wanted to say thanks to the clever folks on this forum for recently flagging the Ł228 return LHR-HEL AY flights. My girlfriend and I had a lovely time flying a couple of these recently on the A350, flying AY and visiting Finland for the first time. The tier points from
our second trip have posted and we are both BAEC Gold for the first time - we couldn’t have managed that without the wisdom and advice of this forum.
Old Jun 23, 2022, 6:00 am

Following on from the comment about AA pushing back on reinstating original itineraries has anyone else noticed AA seeming to be more aggressively removing legs when rescheduling?
I don't know if it's a change in their algorithm, but all of the schedule changes on my booked trips seem to leading to legs being stripped out on each reschedule.... I've lost several transcon A321T legs that way with a move far less pleasant red-eye direct.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.