Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 6, 2021, 5:40 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Prospero
This thread is the continuation of the discussion hosted in the BA Tier Point Runs | 2019-20 edition thread.

Useful tips and technical pointers
El_Duderito's explanation on fare routings and the maximum permitted distance you are allowed to travel (based on the distance between the origin and destination airports)

Helpful maps
The following series of maps show a 2,000 mile radius around each oneworld hub, useful for strategic planning purposes. Hopefully these will help your imagination to run free. Click on the images to reveal the accompanying maps.

EMEA

Asia Pacific

North America

Previous editions
BA Tier Point Runs | 2019-20 edition
BA Tier Point Runs | 2018 edition
BA Tier Point Runs | 2017 edition
BA Tier Point Runs | 2016 edition
BA Tier Point Runs | 2015 edition
BA Tier Point Runs | 2014 edition
BA Tier Point Runs | original edition
Print Wikipost

BA Tier Point Runs | 2021 edition

Search this Thread

Old Jun 18, 2022, 11:47 pm

Programs: BA GGL, TK E (*G), ITA exec
Originally Posted by xexs
The BUD-HNL won’t be available until November right?
I’ve dropped my status pre covid, just thinking to rerun it seeing the threshold is lower until late oct
i used to do the AUH CMB JKT kinda run or some MH deals
it seems none of these are available anymore
it's 180 days advance purchase for the lower prices, so now you have to start from the second half of December to get them. Just be aware that HNL hotel prices are very high this winter.
AUH-CMB-CGK is unfortunately very far from the bargain it was a couple of years ago.
The reduced TPs are available until 31 Dec 2022, by the way
Toto1808 likes this.
Old Jun 19, 2022, 1:37 am

Programs: UA *G, BA Silver
The lowest prices might need 180 day advance purchase, but you can do this trip with almost no advance purchase – at the beginning of July it is only £1778 return (via JFK, LAX or JFK, DFW).
xexs, AirbusA350 and Toto1808 like this.
Old Jun 19, 2022, 6:30 am

Programs: BA GGL, GfL
Originally Posted by wanderingjock
SDC is your friend! Same day change. Book the earlier one, and if looks like a problem, change for free onto later one. Plenty threads on sdc on here. Glad u got something that works!! wj
Will this work, though, given that SDC only applies up to an hour before scheduled departure time and I am due to land in BUD 50 minutes before scheduled departure time of the flight to LHR?
Old Jun 19, 2022, 8:21 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
Just booked my LHR-SOF B2B as 2x singles on the same day in business in November - a week before my year ends which should get me up to gold 😁. £280 for 160TPs - not the best, but not bad.

I had looked into MAN-SOF which would have been better but the 3 hour drive each way there plus parking charges put me off. For LHR, it's only a 30min drive for me and I can park at Houslow tube for £6 a day and get the tube to T5.

I may not even take them if I can get up to gold with any work flights between now and then ... but at least it's in the diary as an insurance policy
Old Jun 19, 2022, 10:30 am

Programs: BA GGL, CCR; RyanAir MillionMiler :( ;
Originally Posted by Spock77
Will this work, though, given that SDC only applies up to an hour before scheduled departure time and I am due to land in BUD 50 minutes before scheduled departure time of the flight to LHR?
check and make a decision
just befor boarding?
Old Jun 19, 2022, 10:58 am

Programs: British Airways GGL/CCR, Hilton Diamond & Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by martmeister
Just booked my LHR-SOF B2B as 2x singles on the same day in business in November - a week before my year ends which should get me up to gold 😁. £280 for 160TPs - not the best, but not bad.

I had looked into MAN-SOF which would have been better but the 3 hour drive each way there plus parking charges put me off. For LHR, it's only a 30min drive for me and I can park at Houslow tube for £6 a day and get the tube to T5.

I may not even take them if I can get up to gold with any work flights between now and then ... but at least it's in the diary as an insurance policy
`Why not take them? you have paid for them.
Old Jun 19, 2022, 11:41 am

Programs: British Airways Executive Club Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium Elite, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond Amb
Originally Posted by PGberkshire
Maybe they think that BWC still applies and they can voucher the flights? Which is certainly not the case if they have just booked them, FYI OP.
Old Jun 19, 2022, 4:38 pm

Programs: Marriott Ti CX SL SQ KFEG
too bad, I won't be available until mid sept to mid oct

those ARN-xHEL-LHR isn't really a great deal, roughly GBP2.1 per TP
Old Jun 20, 2022, 12:53 am

Unless you actually enjoy being inside an aircraft - and many people, including myself, don't - then there is little point in flying a back-to-back trip if you've already gained the status the trip was intended to let you attain. The money has been spent regardless, and there are better things to do with the day that the trip would take.

I'd consider it a £280 insurance policy against failing to reach Gold before the end of the collection year.
martmeister likes this.
Old Jun 20, 2022, 1:37 am

Originally Posted by Misco60
Unless you actually enjoy being inside an aircraft - and many people, including myself, don't - then there is little point in flying a back-to-back trip if you've already gained the status the trip was intended to let you attain. The money has been spent regardless, and there are better things to do with the day that the trip would take.

I'd consider it a £280 insurance policy against failing to reach Gold before the end of the collection year.
I would suggest if you don't like being inside a plane then this is the wrong thread for you to be visiting. This is all about spending time on planes.
Old Jun 20, 2022, 3:11 am

Programs: AA PPro
Originally Posted by flashware
I would suggest if you don't like being inside a plane then this is the wrong thread for you to be visiting. This is all about spending time on planes.
FWIW @Misco60 I am sure many people here find no particular joy in getting on a plane to B2B to an airport 1000s of miles away, and only take excess travel based on this thread in order to efficiently earn BA tier points which are highly valued where it earns status/GUFs. Please don't let flashaware's apparent unawareness make this thread feel unwelcoming to you.
martmeister and Toto1808 like this.
Old Jun 20, 2022, 3:30 am

Programs: BA Gold
I have recently semi-retired and wish to retain my Gold status. Very new to tier point runs, any pointers to useful links with advice on how to maximise tier points (with minimal spend &#128512?

Is the attached deal to Bangkok a good deal, earns 520 points...

Old Jun 20, 2022, 3:35 am

Programs: British Airways Executive Club Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium Elite, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond Amb
Originally Posted by ademanuele
I have recently semi-retired and wish to retain my Gold status. Very new to tier point runs, any pointers to useful links with advice on how to maximise tier points (with minimal spend &#128512?

Is the attached deal to Bangkok a good deal, earns 520 points...

Normally it is considered optimal to aim for as close to the £1-2 per tier point mark as possible, so this would not usually be considered a good tier point run.
Toto1808 likes this.
Old Jun 20, 2022, 3:42 am

If I'm gold at that point, then why would I bother? I realise I will lose them if I dont travel.

(also, I can confirm I dont have a dislike / fear of flying )
Toto1808 likes this.
Old Jun 20, 2022, 4:53 am

Programs: British Airways GGL/CCR, Hilton Diamond & Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by martmeister
If I'm gold at that point, then why would I bother? I realise I will lose them if I dont travel.

(also, I can confirm I dont have a dislike / fear of flying )
Its a day trip / free meal / a few drinks / enjoyment of flying....

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.