BA Tier Point Runs | 2021 edition

    Hide Wikipost
Old Feb 5, 21, 11:19 pm   -   Wikipost
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been on FT for 90 days and have made 90 posts.
 
Last edit by: Prospero
Wiki Link
This thread is the continuation of the discussion hosted in the BA Tier Point Runs | 2019-20 edition thread.

Useful tips and technical pointers
El_Duderito's explanation on fare routings and the maximum permitted distance you are allowed to travel (based on the distance between the origin and destination airports)

Helpful maps
The following series of maps show a 2,000 mile radius around each oneworld hub, useful for strategic planning purposes. Hopefully these will help your imagination to run free. Click on the images to reveal the accompanying maps.

EMEA


Asia Pacific


North America




Previous editions
BA Tier Point Runs | 2019-20 edition
BA Tier Point Runs | 2018 edition
BA Tier Point Runs | 2017 edition
BA Tier Point Runs | 2016 edition
BA Tier Point Runs | 2015 edition
BA Tier Point Runs | 2014 edition
BA Tier Point Runs | original edition
Print Wikipost

Old Jun 18, 22, 11:47 pm
  #3481  
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: BRU
Programs: BA GGL, TK E (*G)
Posts: 3,113
Originally Posted by xexs View Post
The BUD-HNL wonít be available until November right?
Iíve dropped my status pre covid, just thinking to rerun it seeing the threshold is lower until late oct
i used to do the AUH CMB JKT kinda run or some MH deals
it seems none of these are available anymore
it's 180 days advance purchase for the lower prices, so now you have to start from the second half of December to get them. Just be aware that HNL hotel prices are very high this winter.
AUH-CMB-CGK is unfortunately very far from the bargain it was a couple of years ago.
The reduced TPs are available until 31 Dec 2022, by the way
Toto1808 likes this.
Lefly is offline  
Old Jun 19, 22, 1:37 am
  #3482  
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Gatwick, UK
Programs: UA *G, AA EXP, BA Silver
Posts: 1,572
The lowest prices might need 180 day advance purchase, but you can do this trip with almost no advance purchase – at the beginning of July it is only £1778 return (via JFK, LAX or JFK, DFW).
xexs, AirbusA350 and Toto1808 like this.
SeattleDavid is offline  
Old Jun 19, 22, 6:30 am
  #3483  
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: London
Programs: BA GGL
Posts: 47
Originally Posted by wanderingjock View Post
SDC is your friend! Same day change. Book the earlier one, and if looks like a problem, change for free onto later one. Plenty threads on sdc on here. Glad u got something that works!! wj
Will this work, though, given that SDC only applies up to an hour before scheduled departure time and I am due to land in BUD 50 minutes before scheduled departure time of the flight to LHR?
Spock77 is offline  
Old Jun 19, 22, 8:21 am
  #3484  
 
Join Date: Apr 2019
Location: London
Programs: BAEC
Posts: 15
Just booked my LHR-SOF B2B as 2x singles on the same day in business in November - a week before my year ends which should get me up to gold 😁. £280 for 160TPs - not the best, but not bad.

I had looked into MAN-SOF which would have been better but the 3 hour drive each way there plus parking charges put me off. For LHR, it's only a 30min drive for me and I can park at Houslow tube for £6 a day and get the tube to T5.

I may not even take them if I can get up to gold with any work flights between now and then ... but at least it's in the diary as an insurance policy
martmeister is offline  
Old Jun 19, 22, 10:30 am
  #3485  
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Location: Oxford (&Western Isles )
Programs: BA GGL, CCR; RyanAir MillionMiler :( ;
Posts: 578
Originally Posted by Spock77 View Post
Will this work, though, given that SDC only applies up to an hour before scheduled departure time and I am due to land in BUD 50 minutes before scheduled departure time of the flight to LHR?
check and make a decision
just befor boarding?
wanderingjock is offline  
Old Jun 19, 22, 10:58 am
  #3486  
 
Join Date: Mar 2020
Programs: British Airways GGL/CCR, Hilton Diamond & Marriott Gold
Posts: 1,928
Originally Posted by martmeister View Post
Just booked my LHR-SOF B2B as 2x singles on the same day in business in November - a week before my year ends which should get me up to gold 😁. £280 for 160TPs - not the best, but not bad.

I had looked into MAN-SOF which would have been better but the 3 hour drive each way there plus parking charges put me off. For LHR, it's only a 30min drive for me and I can park at Houslow tube for £6 a day and get the tube to T5.

I may not even take them if I can get up to gold with any work flights between now and then ... but at least it's in the diary as an insurance policy
`Why not take them? you have paid for them.
PGberkshire is offline  
Old Jun 19, 22, 11:41 am
  #3487  
 
Join Date: Feb 2020
Programs: British Airways Executive Club Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Ambassador Elite, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum
Posts: 1,079
Originally Posted by PGberkshire View Post
`Why not take them? you have paid for them.
Maybe they think that BWC still applies and they can voucher the flights? Which is certainly not the case if they have just booked them, FYI OP.
Radiation Station is offline  
Old Jun 19, 22, 4:38 pm
  #3488  
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Location: HKG MEL KUL SIN
Programs: Marriott Ti CX SL UA SL TP *G Starlux insighter
Posts: 101
too bad, I won't be available until mid sept to mid oct

those ARN-xHEL-LHR isn't really a great deal, roughly GBP2.1 per TP
xexs is offline  
Old Jun 20, 22, 12:53 am
  #3489  
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Location: Vale of Glamorgan
Programs: BAEC Gold
Posts: 2,401
Originally Posted by PGberkshire View Post
`Why not take them? you have paid for them.
Unless you actually enjoy being inside an aircraft - and many people, including myself, don't - then there is little point in flying a back-to-back trip if you've already gained the status the trip was intended to let you attain. The money has been spent regardless, and there are better things to do with the day that the trip would take.

I'd consider it a £280 insurance policy against failing to reach Gold before the end of the collection year.
martmeister likes this.
Misco60 is offline  
Old Jun 20, 22, 1:37 am
  #3490  
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 4,402
Originally Posted by Misco60 View Post
Unless you actually enjoy being inside an aircraft - and many people, including myself, don't - then there is little point in flying a back-to-back trip if you've already gained the status the trip was intended to let you attain. The money has been spent regardless, and there are better things to do with the day that the trip would take.

I'd consider it a £280 insurance policy against failing to reach Gold before the end of the collection year.
I would suggest if you don't like being inside a plane then this is the wrong thread for you to be visiting. This is all about spending time on planes.
flashware is online now  
Old Jun 20, 22, 3:11 am
  #3491  
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: London (~75% of the year).
Programs: AA PPro
Posts: 436
Originally Posted by flashware View Post
I would suggest if you don't like being inside a plane then this is the wrong thread for you to be visiting. This is all about spending time on planes.
FWIW @Misco60 I am sure many people here find no particular joy in getting on a plane to B2B to an airport 1000s of miles away, and only take excess travel based on this thread in order to efficiently earn BA tier points which are highly valued where it earns status/GUFs. Please don't let flashaware's apparent unawareness make this thread feel unwelcoming to you.
martmeister and Toto1808 like this.
zoombee is offline  
Old Jun 20, 22, 3:30 am
  #3492  
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: UK
Programs: BA Executive Club
Posts: 324
I have recently semi-retired and wish to retain my Gold status. Very new to tier point runs, any pointers to useful links with advice on how to maximise tier points (with minimal spend &#128512?

Is the attached deal to Bangkok a good deal, earns 520 points...


ademanuele is offline  
Old Jun 20, 22, 3:35 am
  #3493  
 
Join Date: Feb 2020
Programs: British Airways Executive Club Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Ambassador Elite, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum
Posts: 1,079
Originally Posted by ademanuele View Post
I have recently semi-retired and wish to retain my Gold status. Very new to tier point runs, any pointers to useful links with advice on how to maximise tier points (with minimal spend &#128512?

Is the attached deal to Bangkok a good deal, earns 520 points...


Normally it is considered optimal to aim for as close to the £1-2 per tier point mark as possible, so this would not usually be considered a good tier point run.
Toto1808 likes this.
Radiation Station is offline  
Old Jun 20, 22, 3:42 am
  #3494  
 
Join Date: Apr 2019
Location: London
Programs: BAEC
Posts: 15
Originally Posted by PGberkshire View Post
`Why not take them? you have paid for them.
If I'm gold at that point, then why would I bother? I realise I will lose them if I dont travel.

(also, I can confirm I dont have a dislike / fear of flying )
Toto1808 likes this.
martmeister is offline  
Old Jun 20, 22, 4:53 am
  #3495  
 
Join Date: Mar 2020
Programs: British Airways GGL/CCR, Hilton Diamond & Marriott Gold
Posts: 1,928
Originally Posted by martmeister View Post
If I'm gold at that point, then why would I bother? I realise I will lose them if I dont travel.

(also, I can confirm I dont have a dislike / fear of flying )
Its a day trip / free meal / a few drinks / enjoyment of flying....
PGberkshire is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread