Old Feb 6, 2021, 5:40 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Prospero
This thread is the continuation of the discussion hosted in the BA Tier Point Runs | 2019-20 edition thread.

Useful tips and technical pointers
El_Duderito's explanation on fare routings and the maximum permitted distance you are allowed to travel (based on the distance between the origin and destination airports)

Helpful maps
The following series of maps show a 2,000 mile radius around each oneworld hub, useful for strategic planning purposes. Hopefully these will help your imagination to run free. Click on the images to reveal the accompanying maps.

EMEA

Asia Pacific

North America

Previous editions
BA Tier Point Runs | 2019-20 edition
BA Tier Point Runs | 2018 edition
BA Tier Point Runs | 2017 edition
BA Tier Point Runs | 2016 edition
BA Tier Point Runs | 2015 edition
BA Tier Point Runs | 2014 edition
BA Tier Point Runs | original edition
Print Wikipost

BA Tier Point Runs | 2021 edition

Old May 29, 2022, 4:26 am

Programs: BA Gold
Thanks Misco60, reassuring..
Old May 29, 2022, 5:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton, IHG - BA, GA, LH, QR, SV, TK
Originally Posted by Saint4805
Hey all,

My membership year ends on 8 October and so I'm looking to rack up 450 TPs as soon as my new membership year starts on 9 October which would give me Silver status for the rest of that membership year and the year after. Would appreciate if someone could check my plan and let me know if there are any flaws.

11 October - ABZ - LHR (Economy) = 5 TPs
12-17 October - LHR - SOF return (5 night BA holiday flying in Business Class - double points) = 320 TPs
18 October - LHR - SOF (Economy) = 10 TPs
20 October - SOF - NEW via LHR (Business) = 120 TPs

Total 455 Tier Points at a cost of 642 plus an overnight stay at LHR on 11 October and 2 nights in SOF on 18 October

Thanks!

That seems an extraordinarily low cost. I wonder if you are looking at the per person price for a 5-day Sofia holiday for two. But even so.

I can't work out where NEW represents, unless Newquay (NQY) is to be resurrected as a BA route.
Old May 29, 2022, 5:25 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by IAN-UK
I can't work out where NEW represents, unless Newquay (NQY) is to be resurrected as a BA route.
I assumed that the OP meant either Newcastle or Newquay, not realising that BA has withdrawn from the latter, and in this case it actually makes no practical difference, but it's important to get the details right when asking for advice.
Saint4805 likes this.
Old May 29, 2022, 5:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Misco60
I assumed that the OP meant either Newcastle or Newquay, not realising that BA has withdrawn from the latter, and in this case it actually makes no practical difference, but it's important to get the details right when asking for advice.
You're a hard master

But I'm sure you are right about Newcastle, after all it's on the way back to the OP's starting point of Aberdeen.

I'm sorry for missing it's NEW part of Newcastle: thinking about it, it's probably because I'm one of those who elide the first syllable of the city's name and stress the second.
Saint4805 likes this.
Old May 29, 2022, 6:20 am

Programs: BA Gold; Virgin FF; United Airlines; American Airlines; and was frequent c/c churner - RIP!
Can someone remind me which website you use to book flights from an itinerary produced by iMatrix please? I want to explore that before I have to call BA directly. Thanks
Old May 29, 2022, 7:03 am

Originally Posted by higham44
Can someone remind me which website you use to book flights from an itinerary produced by iMatrix please? I want to explore that before I have to call BA directly. Thanks
The best option is the Powertools browser extension.

BA Tier Point Runs | 2021 edition

Last edited by dougzz; May 29, 2022 at 7:05 am Reason: Added link to previous post.
Old May 29, 2022, 7:15 am

Programs: Bonvoy LTTitanium, BAEC Silver
Originally Posted by Misco60
Apologies all. I did mean Newcastle. I just discovered that flying from SOF to Inverness is just as cheap as flying to Newcastle and is a shorter and cheaper train journey back to my starting point Aberdeen.

Last edited by Saint4805; May 29, 2022 at 7:21 am
Old May 29, 2022, 7:18 am

Programs: Bonvoy LTTitanium, BAEC Silver
Originally Posted by IAN-UK
That seems an extraordinarily low cost. I wonder if you are looking at the per person price for a 5-day Sofia holiday for two. But even so….
Here are the prices (in bold) as quoted on ba.com this morning. The BA holiday is priced for only one adult travelling.

11 October - ABZ - LHR (Economy) = 5 TPs - 39
12-17 October - LHR - SOF return (5 night BA holiday flying in Business Class - double points) = 320 TPs - 366 (granted this was the cheapest BA hotel in SOF but still qualifies)
18 October - LHR - SOF (Economy) = 10 TPs - 50
20 October - SOF - Newcastle/Inverness via LHR (Business) = 120 TPs EUR 221 (187)

Total comes to 642
Misco60 likes this.

Last edited by Saint4805; May 29, 2022 at 7:23 am
Old May 29, 2022, 8:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Saint4805
Here are the prices (in bold) as quoted on ba.com this morning. The BA holiday is priced for only one adult travelling.

11 October - ABZ - LHR (Economy) = 5 TPs - 39
12-17 October - LHR - SOF return (5 night BA holiday flying in Business Class - double points) = 320 TPs - 366 (granted this was the cheapest BA hotel in SOF but still qualifies)
18 October - LHR - SOF (Economy) = 10 TPs - 50
20 October - SOF - Newcastle/Inverness via LHR (Business) = 120 TPs EUR 221 (187)

Total comes to 642
congratulations, and i stand corrected

Even if it puts you in BG's Rila alps, it's healthy option at a terrific price. Enjoy !
Saint4805 likes this.
Old May 29, 2022, 8:50 am

Originally Posted by Nephoi
Many thanks - exactly the one I was looking for ......
Nephoi likes this.
Old May 29, 2022, 11:25 am

Programs: BA Gold; Virgin FF; United Airlines; American Airlines; and was frequent c/c churner - RIP!
Originally Posted by RADIOSUTCH
I booked DUB-LHR-BOS-PHX-LAX and return LAX-PHX-BOS-LHR-DUB for 1500 in Club/American 1st) for 720 tier points in mid August 22. A380 both ways , weeeee!
Had to book on AA from ITA Matrix as the BA site is very poor and wouldn't let me book AA flights, errors all over the place . Anyway to cut a long story short, the AA booking now appears on my BA page BUT missing two legs, LAX-PHX and PHX-BOS. And BA show it as 540 tier points so deffo two flights missing.
Full schedule on AA but missing two legs on BA. BA can't help, there's a surprise, so have emailed AA and still waiting for a reply. Given I need those 180 points, to retain Gold am I resigned to arguing about it after the event with BA or any suggestions on fixing it ?
I have to say the BA site is not very good, my flight booking come and go, and now this and so on... IT is BA is notoriously bad I hear.

Screenshot below ( price has marginally increased)
The connection time for BOS - PHX and PHX - LAX is now showing 42-35 mins instead of the 50 mins on the itinerary. I get the impression that Terminal 4 at PHX is pretty big, which surely presents a real challenge and high risk of missing the PHX-LAX flight in moving between arrival/departure gates. Suggestions to avoid this welcome.
Old May 29, 2022, 12:52 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold/GGL, IHG Diamond AMB
Fly to SNA or LGB? Been super busy at LAX recently and these two airports are hidden Californian gems
Nephoi likes this.
Old May 29, 2022, 2:07 pm

Programs: BA Executive Clue
help with tier point run

Hi all, first time posting and a newbie to trying to find a decent tier point run, i currently have 625 tier point and would like to hit the 1125 for gold before the end of the year.
would anyone be able to help me find something to get 500 points in November? would really appreciate it
Old May 29, 2022, 2:48 pm

Programs: BA GGL, AS, Hertz Cirque Prsidentielle
Originally Posted by our_kid
Fly to SNA or LGB?
Why not BUR or ONT then?

In terms of LAX, the main advantage is the lounge selection.

Anyway, back to the topic. This thread is too prone to be cluttered with nonsense.
Old May 30, 2022, 2:57 am

Originally Posted by sipple89
Hi all, first time posting and a newbie to trying to find a decent tier point run, i currently have 625 tier point and would like to hit the 1125 for gold before the end of the year.
would anyone be able to help me find something to get 500 points in November? would really appreciate it
Hello and welcome to FT, I'm sure an admin will welcome you too. Have you read back a few pages of the thread, there's quite a few ideas. Looking for 500 you really need some long haul 140TP flights. Alternately using a connection to LHR and an 80TP route for a double points BA holiday, would see you get you 480 in business.

The general way to get help is to do some research yourself, often based on tips and idea posted here, and then look for help with specific issues.
sipple89 likes this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.