Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 6, 2021, 5:40 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Prospero
This thread is the continuation of the discussion hosted in the BA Tier Point Runs | 2019-20 edition thread.

Useful tips and technical pointers
El_Duderito's explanation on fare routings and the maximum permitted distance you are allowed to travel (based on the distance between the origin and destination airports)

Helpful maps
The following series of maps show a 2,000 mile radius around each oneworld hub, useful for strategic planning purposes. Hopefully these will help your imagination to run free. Click on the images to reveal the accompanying maps.

EMEA

Asia Pacific

North America

Previous editions
BA Tier Point Runs | 2019-20 edition
BA Tier Point Runs | 2018 edition
BA Tier Point Runs | 2017 edition
BA Tier Point Runs | 2016 edition
BA Tier Point Runs | 2015 edition
BA Tier Point Runs | 2014 edition
BA Tier Point Runs | original edition
Print Wikipost

BA Tier Point Runs | 2021 edition

Search this Thread

Old Apr 29, 2022, 11:50 am

Programs: BA GGL, CCR; RyanAir MillionMiler :( ;
Originally Posted by msm2000uk
Had a bit of help, but booked BUD-LHR-JFK-LAX-KOA-LAX-BOS-LHR-HEL-BUD for £1350 & 1020 TPs.

Booked on a BA ticket and have UUA'd the TATL legs.

M
A cheeky LHR-HEL leg!!! well done!! I didnt even look for that!! I've upgraded one transatlanic leg too - and maybe hoping for "bank error in your favour"
Old Apr 29, 2022, 12:37 pm

Programs: BA Gold
Had a bit of help, but booked BUD-LHR-JFK-LAX-KOA-LAX-BOS-LHR-HEL-BUD for £1350 & 1020 TPs.

M
This is the dream booking! Will see how I get on then.

Cheers,
~S
Old Apr 29, 2022, 12:51 pm

Programs: BA Gold; Virgin FF; United Airlines; American Airlines; and was frequent c/c churner - RIP!

M
Excellent! Looks a great price. Just hope that BA don't cancel any of the flights.
Old Apr 29, 2022, 1:16 pm
Moderator: Qatar Airways

Programs: BAEC GfL & GGL, SQ Gold, Amex Centurion, Mucci des Chevaliers des Bons Mots et Qui Savent Moucher
Originally Posted by higham44
Excellent! Looks a great price. Just hope that BA don't cancel any of the flights.
I'd be happy if BA/AA cancel them as it means I can move flight times - BA are arguably easier nowadays than AA.

M
Old Apr 29, 2022, 1:20 pm

Programs: BA Gold; Virgin FF; United Airlines; American Airlines; and was frequent c/c churner - RIP!
I'd be happy if BA/AA cancel them as it means I can move flight times - BA are arguably easier nowadays than AA.

M
Can you share the flights schedule here so as to get an idea of what timings you have for your money?
Old Apr 29, 2022, 3:47 pm

Programs: QF WP LTG
Originally Posted by lsquare
Any TP-run opportunities from North America to PTY?
Ahh the good old days...
lsquare and AlphaXray like this.
Old Apr 29, 2022, 8:25 pm

Hey guys!

Hope everyone is having a good weekend! Trying to find some routes to NY mid June for a few weeks, and not returning any results for anything more than one connecting flight, am I doing something wrong? Happy to go anywhere on the East Coast for a good deal and leave from anywhere in Europe, hoping to keep it around £1.50/2 ish per TP.

Thanks!

Old May 1, 2022, 6:17 am

M
I'm trying to recreate this, but just getting an error that there's nothing found. Any recommendations for figuring out when these are available for a relative ITA matrix newbie please?
Old May 1, 2022, 6:19 am

Programs: BA Gold, HH Diamond
First time doing a TP run, just booked BUD-LHR-JFK-LAX-HNL-LAX-JFK-LHR-BUD for £1750 and 920TP.

Slightly higher than some of the £1350 fares higher in the thread but I decided to go soon in July and double up as a holiday so happy to pay a bit extra. Works out to £1.90/TP which isn't too bad.

Booked through the AA website with ITA Matrix PowerTools extension.

This thread has been super useful so thanks to everyone for contributing!
MaxFlyer, our_kid, Misco60 and 5 others like this.
Old May 1, 2022, 7:20 am

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by willz3010
I'm trying to recreate this, but just getting an error that there's nothing found. Any recommendations for figuring out when these are available for a relative ITA matrix newbie please?
Need to do multi city, I've dropped you a DM.
willz3010 likes this.
Old May 1, 2022, 8:07 am

Sorry if this has been answered above, but is it possible to do the BUD start as a back-to-back from London?
Many thanks
Old May 1, 2022, 11:38 am

Programs: oneworld, * Alliance, Marriott Bonvoy, HHonors, WoH
Originally Posted by mahrmgb
Sorry if this has been answered above, but is it possible to do the BUD start as a back-to-back from London?
Many thanks
https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/brit...tinations.html
Old May 2, 2022, 7:44 am

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Gold
Hi Everyone,

1st post here. Thanks to all the amazing info here I recently (before the increase) booked my first TP run for this October: SOF-LHR-HEL-JFK-BOS-LAX-BOS-JFK-HEL-LHR-SOF for £1073 on the phone with BA. In my excitement I then immediately booked my positioning flights LHR-SOF (£215 in CW) and return on the same dates as the start and end of the run, having read here that B2B's in SOF are possible.

Now that I've read and understood a little more, I'm thinking I should have booked the positioning flight for at least 1 day earlier. The flights are not flexible as I'm flying in October, so now I either need BA to extend BWC another month and then I can bring the LHR-SOF a day earlier, or for USA to drop testing requirements so I can do online check-in and just do the B2B.

Or should I pay the extra £100 change fee and bring the positioning flight forward a day? Appreciate any advice on my dilemma!
Many thanks.
Old May 2, 2022, 8:04 am

Programs: BAEC
Originally Posted by josh100
Hi Everyone,

1st post here. Thanks to all the amazing info here I recently (before the increase) booked my first TP run for this October: SOF-LHR-HEL-JFK-BOS-LAX-BOS-JFK-HEL-LHR-SOF for £1073 on the phone with BA. In my excitement I then immediately booked my positioning flights LHR-SOF (£215 in CW) and return on the same dates as the start and end of the run, having read here that B2B's in SOF are possible.

Now that I've read and understood a little more, I'm thinking I should have booked the positioning flight for at least 1 day earlier. The flights are not flexible as I'm flying in October, so now I either need BA to extend BWC another month and then I can bring the LHR-SOF a day earlier, or for USA to drop testing requirements so I can do online check-in and just do the B2B.

Or should I pay the extra £100 change fee and bring the positioning flight forward a day? Appreciate any advice on my dilemma!
Many thanks.
It should probably be ok and it really depends on your personal risk tolerance. But personally I think it’s definitely worth bringing the first flight forward a day as your whole trip gets vaporised if you don’t make that first leg. It’s just much less stressful and a night in Sofia is a fun little mini break. Hotel is cheap.

If you’ve booked in the last 24 hours, you can still cancel for a refund and rebook.
trolleymusic and josh100 like this.
Old May 2, 2022, 9:04 am

Programs: British Airways Executive Club Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium Elite, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond Amb
Originally Posted by josh100
Hi Everyone,

Many thanks.
Surely BA will have the good manners to cancel at least one of these SOF flights for you? Also, I imagine or at least hope that the USA will have dropped their test requirement by then. I think it’s worth waiting to see what happens.
josh100 likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.