Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 6, 2021, 5:40 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Prospero
This thread is the continuation of the discussion hosted in the BA Tier Point Runs | 2019-20 edition thread.

Useful tips and technical pointers
El_Duderito's explanation on fare routings and the maximum permitted distance you are allowed to travel (based on the distance between the origin and destination airports)

Helpful maps
The following series of maps show a 2,000 mile radius around each oneworld hub, useful for strategic planning purposes. Hopefully these will help your imagination to run free. Click on the images to reveal the accompanying maps.

EMEA

Asia Pacific

North America

Previous editions
BA Tier Point Runs | 2019-20 edition
BA Tier Point Runs | 2018 edition
BA Tier Point Runs | 2017 edition
BA Tier Point Runs | 2016 edition
BA Tier Point Runs | 2015 edition
BA Tier Point Runs | 2014 edition
BA Tier Point Runs | original edition
Print Wikipost

BA Tier Point Runs | 2021 edition

Search this Thread

Old Apr 9, 2022, 7:47 am

Programs: British Airways Executive Club Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium Elite, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond Amb
Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
For eligible segments you need to be EITHER
- travelling on a BA operated aircraft (or the tiny number of wet leases such as IB Express out of LGW)
OR
- travelling on BA marketed flights, such as BA6032 etc.
So AY6032 won't work unless there is a BA aircraft operating the flight, and while I can't find those flight numbers, the test is as above - is it BA metal, yes or no. BA6032 is bound to be OK. More information in the sticky about Your Guide to the Executive Club. For completeness, an IB operated and marketed flight is also OK for eligible sectors.
Sorry to piggyback on this, but I was wondering if my bookings via Crystal Travel will count as BA flights and if that means I will earn bonus Avios? They have all been ticketed as 125 stock with BA flight numbers eg BA6034. MMB seems to think my LHR-HEL returns will earn 3956 Avios, which is consistent with BA operated flights when I use the TP calculator.
Old Apr 9, 2022, 7:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL, OZ, AC, AS, AA, BA, Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott, IHG
Originally Posted by Radiation Station
Sorry to piggyback on this, but I was wondering if my bookings via Crystal Travel will count as BA flights and if that means I will earn bonus Avios? They have all been ticketed as 125 stock with BA flight numbers eg BA6034. MMB seems to think my LHR-HEL returns will earn 3956 Avios, which is consistent with BA operated flights when I use the TP calculator.
What is MMB?
Old Apr 9, 2022, 8:01 am

Programs: BA GGL, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by lsquare
What is MMB?
Manage my booking.
lsquare likes this.
Old Apr 9, 2022, 8:22 am

Programs: BA GGL, AS, Hertz Cirque Présidentielle
Originally Posted by IAN-UK
Maybe the situation is different for AY-coded sectors appearing in a ticket issued by BA.
Not to my knowledge and experience at least.

If seat selection is a trouble, there's always two easy options:

1) Contact AY by phone or online chat.
2) Use Amadeus via AT, RJ or UL.
lsquare likes this.

Last edited by Flying Yazata; Apr 9, 2022 at 8:28 am
Old Apr 9, 2022, 8:31 am

Originally Posted by RG1X
Are those HEL flights still available at all, or have I missed the boat / plane?
I would love to know too!
Still available! I just booked via Crystal for November for Ł244 for a weekend. Anyone want to start a meet up thread?
lsquare likes this.
Old Apr 9, 2022, 8:37 am

Originally Posted by Joshm300
I am not a massive fan of flying for the sake of it, but this is as good as it gets for a day trip, civlised timings, looks like i'll get to try the new Finnair A350 business class seat in one direction and the lounges are brilliant at both ends - far more civilised than sitting in CE to Bucharest, staying a few hours in a hotel and flying back at the crack of dawn!
I assume you saw from the seatmap that you have the new configuration in C on your particular flight?

As for lounges, do remember that AY Platinum Wing is closed and there's no idea yet regarding when it will be reopened. So AY Business Lounge and, for those eligible, Plaza Premium Lounge are the ones available non-Schengen.
Old Apr 9, 2022, 8:57 am

Programs: BA GfL & GGL, FB Platinum, MB Titanium, Hilton Diamond
The AY non-Schengen business lounge is pretty decent. Good food selection, bar, very good coffee machine, lots of different seating type, showers, etc.
lsquare likes this.
Old Apr 9, 2022, 9:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by MaxFlyer
The AY non-Schengen business lounge is pretty decent. Good food selection, bar, very good coffee machine, lots of different seating type, showers, etc.
I'm already an OWS. Is there anything better at HEL?
Old Apr 9, 2022, 9:33 am

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Diamond, Amex Plat
Are those prices still available? I'm not as flexible as you guys with the dates since I'm not based in London. First, I need to fly into London Heathrow from North America, complicating things a bit.
The LGA-DCA-CLT run may be a better option for you in this case.
lsquare likes this.
Old Apr 9, 2022, 9:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by destone
The LGA-DCA-CLT run may be a better option for you in this case.
Did you get more details? I haven't paid very close attention to this thread. I would love to see a sample itinerary via ITA. I'll definitely attain BA Gold before the end of this year. I'm still deciding whether to try to go for GGL.

Btw, it's too late to change now. I already bought two LHR-HEL fares, which will give me the four BA segments that I need. Furthermore, I am flying on the A350 on all four flights. So excited!
Old Apr 9, 2022, 10:02 am

I'm already an OWS. Is there anything better at HEL?
You might want to see what I wrote a few posts above.
lsquare likes this.
Old Apr 9, 2022, 11:05 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by Radiation Station
If sold as BA6034 then it's an eligible flight and uses BA's Avios / TP's model rather than AY - which can be rather meagre.
lsquare and Radiation Station like this.
Old Apr 9, 2022, 11:18 am

Programs: Star Alliance Gold (A3 Gold), Oneworld Emerald (BA Gold), Hilton Diamond
Just to check, do Finnair marketed Business Light 'I' fares still earn Avios and Tier Points as per the chart?
Old Apr 9, 2022, 11:20 am

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by headingwest
Just to check, do Finnair marketed Business Light 'I' fares still earn Avios and Tier Points as per the chart?
As per BA Tier point calculator, yes. But you don't get the Bronze/Silver/Gold bonus Avios if it's AY code rather than BA. TPs are same.
headingwest likes this.
Old Apr 9, 2022, 11:21 am

Programs: Star Alliance Gold (A3 Gold), Oneworld Emerald (BA Gold), Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by danmushman
As per BA Tier point calculator, yes. But you don't get the Bronze/Silver/Gold bonus Avios if it's AY code rather than BA. TPs are same.
Perfect, not really worried about the Avios, but the Tier Points matter! Thanks for the quick reply

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.