Old Feb 6, 2021, 5:40 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Prospero
This thread is the continuation of the discussion hosted in the BA Tier Point Runs | 2019-20 edition thread.

Useful tips and technical pointers
El_Duderito's explanation on fare routings and the maximum permitted distance you are allowed to travel (based on the distance between the origin and destination airports)

Helpful maps
The following series of maps show a 2,000 mile radius around each oneworld hub, useful for strategic planning purposes. Hopefully these will help your imagination to run free. Click on the images to reveal the accompanying maps.

EMEA

Asia Pacific

North America

Previous editions
BA Tier Point Runs | 2019-20 edition
BA Tier Point Runs | 2018 edition
BA Tier Point Runs | 2017 edition
BA Tier Point Runs | 2016 edition
BA Tier Point Runs | 2015 edition
BA Tier Point Runs | 2014 edition
BA Tier Point Runs | original edition
Print Wikipost

BA Tier Point Runs | 2021 edition

Old Feb 27, 2022, 7:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite Plus,BAEC GGL,ITA Executive, AFKL Gold,QR Gold,HH Diamond,Bonvoy Gold,ALL Gold
Originally Posted by FlightDetective
Well, you can, as long as you book through BA. I've used eVouchers on six sector itineraries containing only two BA flights out of the six. As long as you book through BA, whatever the underlying metal is for the codeshares doesn't matter.
I have also used an e-voucher for an AGP-HEL-xxx-USA ticket on the phone with the first leg on a AY marketed and operated flight.

It took some time for the Manchester based call center agent to figure out if he could use my e-voucher on a ticket with an AY ticket so be patient if booking on the phone as agents might not be used to it.
FlightDetective likes this.
Old Feb 27, 2022, 7:33 am

Programs: BA Gold, VS Gold, IHG Platinum, Hilton Gold, Hertz Presidents Circle.
Originally Posted by dougzz
That’s right, although to be clear the flights need to be from 9th Jan to 28th Feb. Remember it’s back to 1500TP by then as things stand.
My current requal is showing as 1500 so was aiming at that.

I reckon a SOF to SFO via HEL, with the positioning to/from MAN plus a couple of flights in the US gets me over the line.
dougzz likes this.
Old Feb 27, 2022, 7:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite Plus,BAEC GGL,ITA Executive, AFKL Gold,QR Gold,HH Diamond,Bonvoy Gold,ALL Gold
Originally Posted by tuonopepper
My current requal is showing as 1500 so was aiming at that.

I reckon a SOF to SFO via HEL, with the positioning to/from MAN plus a couple of flights in the US gets me over the line.
SOF to West Coast USA via LHR, HEL, USEAST, and USWEST would accrue = 960 TPs

SOF to MAN in BA Club would accrue = 240 TP's

And the remaining 300TP's could easily be obtained within the US.
tuonopepper likes this.
Old Feb 28, 2022, 3:36 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold
Hi Guys,

Here's a quick one for anyone who may know.

Looking to book SFO -> JFK -> LHR -> DUB.

If I wanted to try to get ITA to show the 22:40 from SFO to JFK, the 10:40 from JFK to LHR and then the next AM flight to DUB - is it possible to get ITA to show me this route? What would I type in?

This would would be better for me than being spat out at LHR at 06:00!

Thanks!
Neil
Old Mar 1, 2022, 3:34 am

Programs: UA *G, BA Silver
Originally Posted by Neil Scrivener
Hi Guys,

Here's a quick one for anyone who may know.

Looking to book SFO -> JFK -> LHR -> DUB.

If I wanted to try to get ITA to show the 22:40 from SFO to JFK, the 10:40 from JFK to LHR and then the next AM flight to DUB - is it possible to get ITA to show me this route? What would I type in?

This would would be better for me than being spat out at LHR at 06:00!

Thanks!
Neil
In Advanced Routing put 'AA276 +'
Old Mar 1, 2022, 3:52 am

Programs: BD *Gold; BAEC Gold; Flying Blue Gold; SPG Gold; HH Gold
Australia - Ex-EU to MEL

Hello All,

Wondering if I could tap into your wealth of knowledge. I am trying to find some flights to Australia. Final destination MEL but happy to fly into any of the nearby airports SYD/BNE/ADL/CBR as it will be an easy hop over. I have found a couple of ex-OSL fares but trying to avoid a long layover. One that I have done previously was OSL-DOH-PER-BNE return which got me 420TP + 420TP each way. Currently I am able to find outbound flights via DOH/PER and also able to find inbound via PER/DOH but am struggling to get the same sectors for both out and inbound on ITA Matrix. Am I doing something wrong? I've also looked at CDG, AMS, FCO and of course the other two Scandi ports of CPH and HEL. OSL and CDG seem to be the two that are coming out with some better fares.

If anyone has any idea how I search for this that would be much appreciated. I am also open to any other ideas of suggestions of different routing. Trying to hit the majority of TP needed for Gold (1125TP) with this trip and then top it up with some Club Europe flights this summer taking advantage of the double tier points. My year end is October.

Information:
Home airport(s) - London
Price range - £2000-£3000(ish)
Dates - Outbound 21 April +/- 2days, Inbound 30 April +/- 2days.

Thanks very much in advance.
Old Mar 3, 2022, 8:05 am

Programs: BA GGL / GfL
Anybody on here who took advantage of the AA Morocco - Miami TP run deal last year?
I have mine coming up this month and now don't wish to take it, but I haven't had a schedule change big enough to trigger a refund, so am wondering what options I have? (the last AA agent I spoke with claims if I take a voucher I can only re-use the voucher from a Morocco starting point!)

Any assistance on how to try and keep the value intact would be welcome (short of actually flying the outbound legs!)

Pilot37
Old Mar 3, 2022, 8:45 am

Programs: BA Gold, Mucci
Originally Posted by kiwidragon
Information:
Home airport(s) - London
Price range - £2000-£3000(ish)
Dates - Outbound 21 April +/- 2days, Inbound 30 April +/- 2days..
Cheapest I can see is Stockholm to Brisbane out 21 April back 30 April for 32,243 SEK which is €3,024 or £2,500 on Qatar Airways. Admittedly I didn't search any other dates, but that was cheapest to Australia (I used BNE, SYD, MEL, ADL, PER as destinations). If you can get to Stockholm, seems like an okay enough deal to me, based on your price range. I've seen it much cheaper, but not since before the pandemic (€2,300/£1,900).
Old Mar 3, 2022, 9:10 am
ec1

Could anyone help me find a cheap/quick TP run ex London to get ~230 TPs around April/May time?
Old Mar 3, 2022, 9:42 am

Programs: Mucci, BAEC, Eurostar
Originally Posted by ec1
Could anyone help me find a cheap/quick TP run ex London to get ~230 TPs around April/May time?
What has your research come up with so far?
squeeler and Gastrocnemius like this.
Old Mar 3, 2022, 9:48 am
ec1

Originally Posted by alex67500
What has your research come up with so far?
LHR-SOF (depending on Covid restrictions then), but then unsure the best way to get the extra 70 TP needed without going back to LHR and then back to SOF.
Old Mar 3, 2022, 10:42 am

Programs: BA Gold, Mucci
Originally Posted by ec1
LHR-SOF (depending on Covid restrictions then), but then unsure the best way to get the extra 70 TP needed without going back to LHR and then back to SOF.
Get a train to and from another UK city and do something like EDI-LHR-SOF-LHR-EDI and you'll have an extra 80 TPs.
Old Mar 4, 2022, 2:50 am

Originally Posted by kiwidragon
Final destination MEL but happy to fly into any of the nearby airports SYD/BNE/ADL/CBR as it will be an easy hop over.
kiwidragon unsure if you know but you can book Qantas domestic flights with Avios - BNE-MEL is 9000 Avios Y / 16500 J + £ 22.40 -- vs $300 Y / $900 J

Last edited by trolleymusic; Mar 4, 2022 at 2:50 am Reason: formatting
Old Mar 4, 2022, 11:42 am

Miami Help

Hey guys. I will be in Miami middle of May. Just wondered if there is a specific run from there or any where near to do for max TP. I had a look and it’s coming out quite expensive to go to LAX or LAS trying to do the 2000+ mile rule. Any help is appreciated. I will have a week or so to cram this in
Old Mar 5, 2022, 2:22 am

Programs: BD *Gold; BAEC Gold; Flying Blue Gold; SPG Gold; HH Gold
Originally Posted by FlightDetective
Cheapest I can see is Stockholm to Brisbane out 21 April back 30 April for 32,243 SEK which is €3,024 or £2,500 on Qatar Airways. Admittedly I didn't search any other dates, but that was cheapest to Australia (I used BNE, SYD, MEL, ADL, PER as destinations). If you can get to Stockholm, seems like an okay enough deal to me, based on your price range. I've seen it much cheaper, but not since before the pandemic (€2,300/£1,900).
thanks. I’ve gone for £2600 OSL-BNE with the outbound via DOH PER for some extra tier points. Not the cheapest as mentioned but restraints due to work and other commitments dictated that I have to go soon or it will be next year. Haven’t seen my family in 2.5 years, so biting the bullet…
alex67500 and trolleymusic like this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.