BA Tier Point Runs | 2021 edition

Hide Wikipost
Old Feb 5, 21, 11:19 pm   -   Wikipost
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been on FT for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: Prospero
Wiki Link
This thread is the continuation of the discussion hosted in the BA Tier Point Runs | 2019-20 edition thread.

Useful tips and technical pointers
El_Duderito's explanation on fare routings and the maximum permitted distance you are allowed to travel (based on the distance between the origin and destination airports)

Helpful maps
The following series of maps show a 2,000 mile radius around each oneworld hub, useful for strategic planning purposes. Hopefully these will help your imagination to run free. Click on the images to reveal the accompanying maps.

EMEA

Asia Pacific

North America

Previous editions
BA Tier Point Runs | 2019-20 edition
BA Tier Point Runs | 2018 edition
BA Tier Point Runs | 2017 edition
BA Tier Point Runs | 2016 edition
BA Tier Point Runs | 2015 edition
BA Tier Point Runs | 2014 edition
BA Tier Point Runs | original edition
Print Wikipost

Old Feb 25, 22, 1:52 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold
Does the DUB->SFO fare end at the end of February?
Old Feb 25, 22, 7:17 pm

Programs: Mucci, BAEC, Eurostar
I just had a quick look at April, not fully open but it's there for most weeks. So no it doesn't end in Feb. You need a Saturday there and are limited to week days in the Atlantic crossings.
Old Feb 25, 22, 10:13 pm

Originally Posted by FlightDetective View Post
If you're just wanting to spend your £600 credit you'd best just book from wherever you are to somewhere in Europe and back. There are a bunch of routes in Europe that earn 80 Tier Points each way rather than 40 in Club Europe https://pointstobemade.com/which-bri...-160tp-return/ - though not all will be operating. If you can go via London (starting somewhere else) you'll earn 40 more on each flight.

Otherwise you could spend about £500 more and fly DUB-LHR-JFK-SFO-JFK-LHR-DUB for about £1,150 as has been outlined on this thread many times. You're best looking for things yourself to start with and then asking on here if it's a good deal. Reading this thread through should give you plenty of ideas. Good luck.
Thank you. Yes, I've seen the AA transcon route mentioned many times, but it's AA metal. Thanks for your suggestions, and I'll take a look at the pointstobemade post!
FlightDetective likes this.
Old Feb 26, 22, 12:10 am

Originally Posted by stephenjc View Post
Does the DUB->SFO fare end at the end of February?
It depends what you are asking, you can book for any time in the future, it isn't just SFO - but that was the most available West Coast destination - MEX etc also available. But the booking conditions for the current fare INN4T4S4 is RESERVATIONS MUST BE MADE ON/BEFORE 28FEB 22.
FlightDetective and stephenjc like this.
Old Feb 26, 22, 4:25 am

Programs: BA Gold, Mucci
Originally Posted by christof View Post
Thank you. Yes, I've seen the AA transcon route mentioned many times, but it's AA metal. Thanks for your suggestions, and I'll take a look at the pointstobemade post!
AA metal makes no difference though, for all intents and purposes, it's treated the same as BA for tier points and Avios earning,
LCSinTexas likes this.
Old Feb 26, 22, 4:28 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by Spongthrush View Post
It depends what you are asking, you can book for any time in the future, it isn't just SFO - but that was the most available West Coast destination - MEX etc also available. But the booking conditions for the current fare INN4T4S4 is RESERVATIONS MUST BE MADE ON/BEFORE 28FEB 22.
Thanks, yes, this is what I was asking. I don't want to assume there will be another fare replacing INN4T4S4, although I expect there will be.
Old Feb 26, 22, 4:25 pm

Originally Posted by FlightDetective View Post
AA metal makes no difference though, for all intents and purposes, it's treated the same as BA for tier points and Avios earning,
It makes a difference for me as I cannot use my BA credit on AA metal, unfortunately.
Old Feb 26, 22, 4:49 pm
PxC

Programs: BA Silver

On Matrix if I click through with BA I'd be looking at £3k+, I assume that means I cannot book it for £1300 by phoning BA? It doesn't work on AA either. What are my options for booking? Isn't priceline a travel agent, and wouldn't this lead to problems if (/when) there are changes, or I need to make changes, since I can't deal directly with the airline?
Thanks
Old Feb 26, 22, 6:41 pm

Programs: A3*G,BA Gold
If anyone is interested to fly to Colombia i managed to maximaze the TP run to 920tps. Not the best value but good enough if you want to fly to Bogota. Comes around £1.85 per tp.

Again i never done a TP run before but it looks i managed well for first time!

chilglish and Rim1 like this.
Old Feb 27, 22, 3:11 am

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by ermis177 View Post
If anyone is interested to fly to Colombia i managed to maximaze the TP run to 920tps. Not the best value but good enough if you want to fly to Bogota. Comes around £1.85 per tp.

Again i never done a TP run before but it looks i managed well for first time!

Youíll earn those TP with 4 x 140TP legs on A320 series. Nice lot of TP if you need to be in BOG but thatís a hard way to earn them. Good luck.
Old Feb 27, 22, 3:15 am

Programs: A3*G,BA Gold
Originally Posted by dougzz View Post
Youíll earn those TP with 4 x 140TP legs on A320 series. Nice lot of TP if you need to be in BOG but thatís a hard way to earn them. Good luck.
Yes I am aware. I have done Honolulu before with AA reclines. I know itís not very comfortable!
dougzz and Radiation Station like this.
Old Feb 27, 22, 7:07 am

Programs: BA Gold, VS Gold, IHG Platinum, Hilton Gold, Hertz Presidents Circle.
Best time for TP run

Just getting around to planning a replacement for the TP run I should have been going on shortly but cashed in due to so many cancellations.

I have minimal work/leisure flying planned this year so the plan was to use it to requal Gold for 2023, however I wondered if I could be smarter.

Collection year ends Jan 8th, Card exp Feb 28th so in theory if I do the TP run between Jan 8th and Feb 28th while I would 'officially' drop to silver briefly I'd be able to travel on my current Gold card and would then ,almost immediately step up to Gold for 2023 year and then retain for 2024 also.

Or have I missed something?
Old Feb 27, 22, 7:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite Plus,QR Platinum,BAEC GGL,ITA Executive,Frontier 20k,All Silver,HH Diamond,Bonvoy Gold
Originally Posted by tuonopepper View Post
Just getting around to planning a replacement for the TP run I should have been going on shortly but cashed in due to so many cancellations.

I have minimal work/leisure flying planned this year so the plan was to use it to requal Gold for 2023, however I wondered if I could be smarter.

Collection year ends Jan 8th, Card exp Feb 28th so in theory if I do the TP run between Jan 8th and Feb 28th while I would 'officially' drop to silver briefly I'd be able to travel on my current Gold card and would then ,almost immediately step up to Gold for 2023 year and then retain for 2024 also.

You are totally correct in your assumptions.
tuonopepper likes this.
Old Feb 27, 22, 7:20 am

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by tuonopepper View Post

Thatís right, although to be clear the flights need to be from 9th Jan to 28th Feb. Remember itís back to 1500TP by then as things stand.
tuonopepper and ISTFlyer like this.
Old Feb 27, 22, 7:27 am

Programs: BA Gold, Mucci
Originally Posted by christof View Post
It makes a difference for me as I cannot use my BA credit on AA metal, unfortunately.
Well, you can, as long as you book through BA. I've used eVouchers on six sector itineraries containing only two BA flights out of the six. As long as you book through BA, whatever the underlying metal is for the codeshares doesn't matter.
ISTFlyer likes this.

Search this Thread