BA Tier Point Runs | 2021 edition

Hide Wikipost
Old Feb 5, 21, 11:19 pm   -   Wikipost
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been on FT for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: Prospero
Wiki Link
This thread is the continuation of the discussion hosted in the BA Tier Point Runs | 2019-20 edition thread.

Useful tips and technical pointers
El_Duderito's explanation on fare routings and the maximum permitted distance you are allowed to travel (based on the distance between the origin and destination airports)

Helpful maps
The following series of maps show a 2,000 mile radius around each oneworld hub, useful for strategic planning purposes. Hopefully these will help your imagination to run free. Click on the images to reveal the accompanying maps.

EMEA

Asia Pacific

North America

Previous editions
BA Tier Point Runs | 2019-20 edition
BA Tier Point Runs | 2018 edition
BA Tier Point Runs | 2017 edition
BA Tier Point Runs | 2016 edition
BA Tier Point Runs | 2015 edition
BA Tier Point Runs | 2014 edition
BA Tier Point Runs | original edition
Print Wikipost

Old Feb 22, 22, 1:54 am

Despite numerous e-mails etc to BA, my 8/900 TP's from my trip in January still haven't posted and with my year end coming up in March I really wanted to try and get them on my account so that I could see how many I would need to get to Gold. Is there any way to speed the process up by calling them? Do BA still allow you an extra week or so to earn TP's at your year end?
Old Feb 22, 22, 2:12 am

Programs: BA GGL, A3 Gold, M&M SEN, FlyingBlue Gold, AS MVP Gold, Hilton Diamond, IHG Spire Amb
Originally Posted by JackDann View Post
Despite numerous e-mails etc to BA, my 8/900 TP's from my trip in January still haven't posted and with my year end coming up in March I really wanted to try and get them on my account so that I could see how many I would need to get to Gold. Is there any way to speed the process up by calling them? Do BA still allow you an extra week or so to earn TP's at your year end?
have you tried messaging BAMissingAvios ?
Old Feb 22, 22, 2:37 am

Originally Posted by wmaciej View Post
have you tried messaging BAMissingAvios ?
Yeah - E-Mailed the address provided but nothing back unfortunately.
Old Feb 22, 22, 3:28 am

Originally Posted by ISTFlyer View Post
The issue about married segments on ITA Matrix is that both in version 4 and version 5 ( old and new matrix at this time ), the system fails to search double married segment availability thus would sometimes offer flights with ghost availability that has availability at an individual fare bucket but not married segment availability thus Bookwithmatrix.com -> AA.com might fail. Some people also call ghost availability phantom availability as well.

Also believe me or not, point of sale matters if booking through Bookwithmatrix.com -> AA.com. As you would be directed to the AA.com USA website, you would need to choose a sales city in the USA ( New York, Chicago, Los Angeles, etc... ) so that you are seeing availability for the United States point of sale rather than the Irish point of sale in this case. Different point of sales might have different availability so unless you are using an Irish TA or the Irish number for BA.com, don't forget to change that when looking for a solid itinerary.
Thanks, now that's into what I call 'expert' territory, but a helpful explanation. From the perspective of someone who loves my iMac but not that interested in how it works, armed with the awareness of double married segments, how would one go about booking a great itinerary oneself?

Maybe some ticketing savvy bright spark should come up with some Zoom tutorials....I get that uncloaking the mystery may result in less availability for the experts and perhaps not in the interest of online travel agents...
Old Feb 22, 22, 4:37 am

Programs: BA Gold, VS Gold
Originally Posted by vintagepilot View Post
As I understand it, you only need 450 TPs for silver if you can get them before 31 December. You could nest a couple of B2Bs to SOF over a weekend or two, plus a couple of domestic B2Bs.
Planning my first ever TPR to retain Gold. Currently have 305 TPs and a year end 8th Sept. Assuming BA dont extend status for another year am I right in thinking that if I take a trip sometime between 9th Sept and 31st Oct I will still have my gold benefits for that trip and if I also hit 1125 points before 31st Dec I will re qualify for gold in 22/23 and 23/24. I assume I would drop to silver after 31st Oct if I hadnt achieved 1125 points in the 9th Sept to 31st Oct window?

Alternatively I assume I can just take a trip before 8th Sept for 820 TPS and I would then qualify for Gold until 8th Sept 2023.
Old Feb 22, 22, 5:12 am

Programs: Mucci, BA Gold, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by Spongthrush View Post
Thanks, now that's into what I call 'expert' territory, but a helpful explanation. From the perspective of someone who loves my iMac but not that interested in how it works, armed with the awareness of double married segments, how would one go about booking a great itinerary oneself?

Maybe some ticketing savvy bright spark should come up with some Zoom tutorials....I get that uncloaking the mystery may result in less availability for the experts and perhaps not in the interest of online travel agents...
If it lets me post the link, you can also try the following YouTube video by Matt Jones (he's on here as Keep it Riel ) -
- It covers the basic functionality (it's based on the previous "older" version, so layout might be a bit different, but the functionality should be broadly the same) and is aimed as a beginners guide.

Mods - please remove or edit if video links are not permitted.
Old Feb 22, 22, 8:51 pm

Programs: A3*G,BA Gold
Never done a tp run before but i was wondering if this is any good? I know it is not the best tp run but it is 840TP if i am correct. Also any ideas how i can add 1 extra stop in Europe or US?

Many thanks

Cymro likes this.
Old Feb 23, 22, 1:40 am

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by ermis177 View Post
Never done a tp run before but i was wondering if this is any good? I know it is not the best tp run but it is 840TP if i am correct. Also any ideas how i can add 1 extra stop in Europe or US?

Many thanks

Was incorrect please ignore. Yes 840TP.
Old Feb 23, 22, 1:50 am

Programs: BA Gold, HHonors Diamond, IHG Platinum, Senior Railcard & Bus Pass
Originally Posted by Waggy View Post
Planning my first ever TPR to retain Gold. Currently have 305 TPs and a year end 8th Sept. Assuming BA dont extend status for another year am I right in thinking that if I take a trip sometime between 9th Sept and 31st Oct I will still have my gold benefits for that trip and if I also hit 1125 points before 31st Dec I will re qualify for gold in 22/23 and 23/24. I assume I would drop to silver after 31st Oct if I hadnt achieved 1125 points in the 9th Sept to 31st Oct window?

Alternatively I assume I can just take a trip before 8th Sept for 820 TPS and I would then qualify for Gold until 8th Sept 2023.
Correct on all assumptions I believe.
Even though it might be tempting to top up the 305tps you have already, it might be better to plan a trip from 9th September onwards and try to achieve the 1125 points ASAP while you still have your gold benefits.
Cymro likes this.
Old Feb 23, 22, 2:45 am

Programs: BA Gold, Mucci
Odd, I sent BAMissingAvios a FlyerTalk private message for missing TPs on Sunday, received a reply Monday asking me to send over the itinerary and boarding pass to an e-mail address and the TPs posted on Tuesday (yesterday).

When I wrote in, I included my name, booking reference, Executive Club number, flight date, flight origin and destination, travel class, fare class, ticket number, airline, and my contact phone number. They then wrote back asking for itinerary copy and boarding pass (so you should include that in the initial message to save being asked it) and then it was done.
wanderingjock likes this.
Old Feb 23, 22, 4:01 am

Programs: BA GGL - maybe only briefly!
Are you sure you are talking about the same contact? BAMissingAvios is a username on this forum so you would contact them via Private Message on here - did you email someone else?
Old Feb 23, 22, 4:01 am

Programs: Mucci, BAEC, Eurostar
Originally Posted by ermis177 View Post
Not a bad find if you need to get there anyway!

You might need to use the multi-city version, but you could add a stop in London each way. I'd try with the first one AGP-LHR via HEL, then LHR-BOG via JFK, and return. That might take you to 1000TPs and bring you under 2/TP. If you manage to get on BA flights across the pond, you might even be lucky and be able to upgrade to F with Avios. It's usually cheapish, and who knows what BA's IT might be up to at that point!
ermis177 and Rim1 like this.
Old Feb 23, 22, 6:05 am

1.49/TP 1,673 1,120tp PER-SYD-SIN-TYO-BKK Return (All book in I Class) timcjp BA (Ticket sold by BA, flights are on QF, BA & JL and lie flat seats available for all sectors)

Saw this run on the 2019-2020 thread, I searched for it earlier and this itin was already there but it's not there now.

Can anyone see this run and if it's still possible? Looking to combine it with an EK F jaunt.

Thanks!
choosethedrew likes this.
Old Feb 23, 22, 7:34 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
Hi all,

need some help please. I've only done one TP run, November 2019, got to gold in Jan. 2020, no travel since....

Looking to do a tier point run at some point this year, other flights will determine if it's before or after my Oct. 8 year end date.

However, a couple of questions please.

1. Was using ITA Matrix last night and I was able to find some good lights DUB->LHR->JFK->LAX->SFO return (Thank you @Spongthrush!).

I could not get it to find any flights when trying to add HEL in though, what am I doing wrong?

Is it possible to try and get all flights in Business except the A321 Sharklets Transcon, was looking to try that in First? When I search for First, it ups the LHR->JFK flight to first too?

2. Do all AA & Air Alaska flights garner TP and Avios? Especially as some seem to be operated by other companies, for example Alaska 3305 (operated by Skywest Airlines As Alaskaskywest) and American 3058 (operated by Skywest Airlines As American Eagle), just want to check before I miss out on 80TP's.

Thanks again, stephenjc
Attached Images  

Last edited by stephenjc; Feb 23, 22 at 7:51 am Reason: adding ita matrix screenshot & correct Alaska details
Old Feb 23, 22, 7:50 am

This is where the experts are required I fear.

I don't think that 4 routing codes ever work for me so there may be a 3 limit. I would try removing one of the routing points at a time, one way only, and insert HEL. If you get a result, try the other direction. Ordinarily, I'd break the route up in Multi-City, and search from there....I tried this for the basic LHR JFK LAX route and couldn't get the same flights that worked in Return to work in Multi City, but that could be operator error.

As I say, an expert may be along shortly. Me, I just spend hours trying every possible combination....
stephenjc likes this.

Search this Thread