Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 6, 2021, 5:40 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Prospero
This thread is the continuation of the discussion hosted in the BA Tier Point Runs | 2019-20 edition thread.

Useful tips and technical pointers
El_Duderito's explanation on fare routings and the maximum permitted distance you are allowed to travel (based on the distance between the origin and destination airports)

Helpful maps
The following series of maps show a 2,000 mile radius around each oneworld hub, useful for strategic planning purposes. Hopefully these will help your imagination to run free. Click on the images to reveal the accompanying maps.

EMEA

Asia Pacific

North America

Previous editions
BA Tier Point Runs | 2019-20 edition
BA Tier Point Runs | 2018 edition
BA Tier Point Runs | 2017 edition
BA Tier Point Runs | 2016 edition
BA Tier Point Runs | 2015 edition
BA Tier Point Runs | 2014 edition
BA Tier Point Runs | original edition
Print Wikipost

BA Tier Point Runs | 2021 edition

Search this Thread

Old Jan 18, 2022, 9:36 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, IHG Diamond
Some nice and simple SFO-PHX-LAX-PHX-SFO same day returns for around £223 next month. No idea about what dates throughout the year, but probably a few.
160TP in First / just under £1.40 a TP

Would be a nice day out if the Qantas F lounge at LAX was open
RB211 likes this.
Old Jan 18, 2022, 10:04 am

Programs: BAEC
Originally Posted by xenole
Some nice and simple SFO-PHX-LAX-PHX-SFO same day returns for around £223 next month. No idea about what dates throughout the year, but probably a few.
160TP in First / just under £1.40 a TP

Would be a nice day out if the Qantas F lounge at LAX was open
Call me an optimist but I'll bet dollars to donuts that it'll be open 8 months from now.
Old Jan 18, 2022, 10:05 am

Programs: BA GGL, HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by AlNuzhaMan
I love seeing what people come up with here and I’m really keen to do one to hit gold whilst the threshold is low. But I’m based in Jordan, is there any known option or thread with QR for example heading east?
This thread can sometimes throw up some opportunities: Mileage Run Deals

This Sri Lankan run from DXB/AUH was popular for a while, but travel restrictions and availability might be tough.
Rim1 and AlNuzhaMan like this.
Old Jan 18, 2022, 11:56 am

Programs: Mucci, BAEC, Eurostar
Just booked one of the Spain - US West Coast tickets at 120 days (to the day). Came in at just over £1,600 vs 1450 on matrix but I didn't have time for other options. I'm taking a direct SFO flight out due to timing constraints but having a JFK stop on the way back. Now to see if it tickets on time.

Took about 25 minutes with the long security protocol, and initially the last leg was on the JL codeshare so it wouldn't price.
Old Jan 18, 2022, 1:41 pm

Programs: BA Gold; MB Ti; HH Diamond; IHG Plat; RR Gold
Having not flown anywhere since Feb 2020 I have just pulled the trigger on SOF-LHR-BOS-LAX-MSO//MSO-LAX-JFK-LHR-SOF for £1120. Pleasantly surprised to find BA selling it at £20 under Matrix's quote!

Nothing like throwing yourself in at the deep end as they say...
robertf999 and m8_rotate like this.
Old Jan 18, 2022, 2:30 pm

Programs: BA Gold, KFC 'The Colonel's Club' Palladium tier, Mucci des Visions Célestes du Nord-Pas-de-Calais
Has anyone tried the new Matrix interface?

https://newmatrix.itasoftware.com/search
Old Jan 19, 2022, 3:04 am

Programs: Mucci, BAEC, Eurostar
Originally Posted by choosethedrew
Has anyone tried the new Matrix interface?

https://newmatrix.itasoftware.com/search
Yes I have, it's because the technology used in the current matrix is going end of life at Google at some point. It should improve the mobile version!

If you have any bugs to report, one of the developers is taking part in this thread: ITA Software Matrix Airfare Search Consolidated Information and Help Thread
Old Jan 19, 2022, 5:29 am

Programs: AS 100k, BA GGL, UA 1k, DL DM, AC SE, B6 Mosaic4, Hyatt/Hilton/Wyndham/IHG Diamond, Marriot Ti
Haven't seen any runs that allow for hawaii in a while. BUD still has some nice fares to the US as usual. Found this fare the other day and was playing around with it:

Fare Basis Airline Booking Class Trip Type Fare Cabin Effective Date Expiration Date Min / Max Stay Adv Purchase Req

INN0C6S4/EUUP AA A Round-Trip 2709.00(USD) F V / 12M 03

I got bud-lhr-jfk-lax-koa rt to work, fare rules allow hel shuffles in europe but haven't been able to price out. Not cheap but a way to knock a lot of TPs out quick.
Old Jan 19, 2022, 6:38 am

Programs: BAEC Gold/ GGL / Avis Preferred/ Hilton Honours Diamond
Originally Posted by dakaix
Having not flown anywhere since Feb 2020 I have just pulled the trigger on SOF-LHR-BOS-LAX-MSO//MSO-LAX-JFK-LHR-SOF for £1120. Pleasantly surprised to find BA selling it at £20 under Matrix's quote!

Nothing like throwing yourself in at the deep end as they say...
Nice, I make it 800 Tier points and positioning to SOF in CE ? An extra 160, just under 1000,
Old Jan 19, 2022, 6:55 am

Programs: BAEC GGL & CCR / QF LTG
SOF seems the place to be!

Have booked two of these runs with the hope of maintaining GGL. Priced at GBP 1,072.40 when booked direct with BA, netting 880 TP's and 50,288 Avios. £1.22 per TP.
tenn_ace, megaloman, Sifu and 1 others like this.
Old Jan 19, 2022, 7:51 am

Originally Posted by Jase76
Have booked two of these runs with the hope of maintaining GGL. Priced at GBP 1,072.40 when booked direct with BA, netting 880 TP's and 50,288 Avios. £1.22 per TP.
Make sure you wear some flowers in your hair, great trip.
Jase76 and alex67500 like this.
Old Jan 19, 2022, 7:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite Plus,BAEC GGL,ITA Executive, AFKL Gold,QR Gold,HH Diamond,Bonvoy Gold,ALL Gold
Originally Posted by TalkingPoint
Haven't seen any runs that allow for hawaii in a while. BUD still has some nice fares to the US as usual. Found this fare the other day and was playing around with it:

Fare Basis Airline Booking Class Trip Type Fare Cabin Effective Date Expiration Date Min / Max Stay Adv Purchase Req

INN0C6S4/EUUP AA A Round-Trip 2709.00(USD) F V / 12M 03

I got bud-lhr-jfk-lax-koa rt to work, fare rules allow hel shuffles in europe but haven't been able to price out. Not cheap but a way to knock a lot of TPs out quick.
Where do you see this?
Most EU-US fares have only 2 transfer rights in Europe per direction. BUD-LHR-HEL-LHR-XXX would be 3 transfers.

Will be happy to proven wrong.
Old Jan 19, 2022, 8:06 am

Programs: BAEC : GGL; HHonors : Diamond
Originally Posted by Jase76
When you book with BA direct, can you ask to be charged in GBP rather than EUR? Living in the UK would rather put on my Amex card (to get the insurance) but don't want to pay the ~3% foreign exchange fees.
Old Jan 19, 2022, 8:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite Plus,BAEC GGL,ITA Executive, AFKL Gold,QR Gold,HH Diamond,Bonvoy Gold,ALL Gold
Originally Posted by timcjp
When you book with BA direct, can you ask to be charged in GBP rather than EUR? Living in the UK would rather put on my Amex card (to get the insurance) but don't want to pay the ~3% foreign exchange fees.
Yes, simply call the UK number and ask the ticket to be issued in GBP.
timcjp, alex67500 and m8_rotate like this.
Old Jan 19, 2022, 8:35 am

Originally Posted by ISTFlyer
Yes, simply call the UK number and ask the ticket to be issued in GBP.
IME when I call the UK number the trip is priced in GBP, however, if for some reason it is not, makes sense to stipulate.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.