BA Tier Point Runs | 2021 edition

Hide Wikipost
Old Feb 5, 21, 11:19 pm   -   Wikipost
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been on FT for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: Prospero
Wiki Link
This thread is the continuation of the discussion hosted in the BA Tier Point Runs | 2019-20 edition thread.

Useful tips and technical pointers
El_Duderito's explanation on fare routings and the maximum permitted distance you are allowed to travel (based on the distance between the origin and destination airports)

Helpful maps
The following series of maps show a 2,000 mile radius around each oneworld hub, useful for strategic planning purposes. Hopefully these will help your imagination to run free. Click on the images to reveal the accompanying maps.

EMEA

Asia Pacific

North America

Previous editions
BA Tier Point Runs | 2019-20 edition
BA Tier Point Runs | 2018 edition
BA Tier Point Runs | 2017 edition
BA Tier Point Runs | 2016 edition
BA Tier Point Runs | 2015 edition
BA Tier Point Runs | 2014 edition
BA Tier Point Runs | original edition
Print Wikipost

Old Dec 27, 21, 3:39 am

Programs: BAEC Gold/GGL, IHG Diamond AMB
That AS deal is fantastic - can't make it work in April though unfortunately - seems LAX-TPA is a rare find
Old Dec 27, 21, 3:53 am

Programs: BA Silver, *A Silver, VS Silver, ITA Volare Premium, KFC 'The Colonel's Club' Palladium tier
Originally Posted by Cw novice View Post

Played about on the BA website I managed to book this for my holiday this year. It's an open jaw as it wouldn't let me book LAX-SEA. However it had thrown up SEA-PHL-LHR-EDI as the return routing. Yes it's a recliner for SEA-PHL but how bad can it be for an early morning flight. Transcon JFK-LAX on the way out and Club suite for LHR-JFK/PHL-LHR. Based on the eligibility criteria this should net 1280tp. Taking of hotels this is about £1.50/tp. Could be gold in one trip if 1125 remains.
How are you getting the BA holidays site to offer connections in both LHR and JFK? It only offers me direct LHR - LAX. Or are you choosing the flights as usual and adding on a hotel...?
Old Dec 27, 21, 3:55 am

Programs: A3 Gold, BA Silver
Originally Posted by choosethedrew View Post
How are you getting the BA holidays site to offer connections in both LHR and JFK? It only offers me direct LHR - LAX. Or are you choosing the flights as usual and adding on a hotel...?
As you can see in the screenshot. He is doing multi city. He multi cities the flights he want and adds hotels afterwards.
It can all be done at once on the BA site with the build you holiday tool (don't know the correct name)
Old Dec 27, 21, 4:08 am

Hey there,

How and where did you manage to price this up? I can't seem to get it going on ITA Matrix?

Thanks,
Tim
Old Dec 27, 21, 4:10 am

Programs: BA Silver, *A Silver, VS Silver, ITA Volare Premium, KFC 'The Colonel's Club' Palladium tier
Originally Posted by NextWhiteDeath View Post
As you can see in the screenshot. He is doing multi city. He multi cities the flights he want and adds hotels afterwards.
It can all be done at once on the BA site with the build you holiday tool (don't know the correct name)
Thanks.
Old Dec 27, 21, 4:11 am

Originally Posted by m8_rotate View Post
As mentioned above AGP/HEL/JFK LAX OR SFO nets 840 Tier points and positioning to AGP in CE would add 80, so potentially 920 TPs up for grabs. Depending on what your objectives are? Build a Holiday around the Trip? If it is just a smash and grab TP run the two runs below start appearing in ITA Matrix 30 Jun 22, 7 and 14 Jul 22, 24 Aug 22, 01 and 09 Sep 22. That's as far as I plotted. Although the runs below are for a specific date I would imagine the connections are similar over all dates, Good luck and I hope this helps.
Hey there, sorry for the repost - but didn't quote you. How did you manage to price this up in ITA? Codes that you used perhaps? I can't seem to get this to price at all in ITA.

Thanks
m8_rotate likes this.
Old Dec 27, 21, 4:19 am

Programs: A3 Gold, BA Silver
Originally Posted by lumit811 View Post
Hey there, sorry for the repost - but didn't quote you. How did you manage to price this up in ITA? Codes that you used perhaps? I can't seem to get this to price at all in ITA.

Thanks
I am not the person you replied to but you can price it out via ITA you just have to split it via multi city search. The fare maxed out can give 1080 TP's plus whatever you get for positioning if you fly OW.

The main thing that you have to find is I inventory on the trabscon. Of course JFK-PHX is always available.
flyingzzzd's and m8_rotate like this.
Old Dec 27, 21, 4:20 am

I did Multi City and selected the following EDI-JFK, JFK-LAX, SEA-EDI. It was only giving me Y on the return LAX-JFK leg hence looking for another option.

I didn't purposefully look for SEA-PHL it just came up as an option for the return flight in J and given the SEA-LHR flight was around 1pm I thought why not get an extra 140tp and the Club Suite from PHL.

Also doing it this way means all BA flight numbers AIUI.

Edited to add here's the multi city link: https://www.britishairways.com/badp/complexItineraries/search.do?fromBAEntryPoint=true&ConversationID=OJ1 640604093541

Last edited by Cw novice; Dec 27, 21 at 4:22 am Reason: Adding link
Old Dec 27, 21, 4:28 am

Programs: BAEC Gold/ GGL / Avis Preferred/ Hilton Honours Diamond
Originally Posted by lumit811 View Post

Thanks
Just used advanced controls in ITA Matrix, and Alliance Oneworld, nothing out of the ordinary. The problem is I class fares are very limited, and the benefit and danger of posting them here is that they are snapped up very quickly. By the silent majority! On those dates probably only 2 -4 fares in I class, so only 12-24 seats at that price point over 4 months. I have expertflyer, but I am not proficient enough to check the fare buckets on those flights. I choose the BA option for the flights, but AA, Finnair, and Mulitple carriers were options also. Good luck on your quest.

Last edited by m8_rotate; Dec 27, 21 at 4:30 am Reason: Math & spelling!
Old Dec 27, 21, 4:32 am

Originally Posted by NextWhiteDeath View Post
I am not the person you replied to but you can price it out via ITA you just have to split it via multi city search. The fare maxed out can give 1080 TP's plus whatever you get for positioning if you fly OW.

The main thing that you have to find is I inventory on the trabscon. Of course JFK-PHX is always available.
Oh thanks so much! Really appreciate it. Still coming to terms with how to use ITA in anger.
m8_rotate likes this.
Old Dec 27, 21, 4:35 am

Just used advanced controls in ITA Matrix, and Alliance Oneworld, nothing out of the ordinary. The problem is I class fares are very limited, and the benefit and danger of posting them here is that they are snapped up very quickly. By the silent majority! On those dates probably only 2 -4 fares in I class, so only 12-24 seats at that price point over 4 months. I have expertflyer, but I am not proficient enough to check the fare buckets on those flights. I choose the BA option for the flights, but AA, Finnair, and Mulitple carriers were options also. Good luck on your quest.
And thank you too for your help m8_rotate.
m8_rotate likes this.
Old Dec 27, 21, 4:35 am

Originally Posted by Cw novice View Post
I did Multi City and selected the following EDI-JFK, JFK-LAX, SEA-EDI. It was only giving me Y on the return LAX-JFK leg hence looking for another option.

I didn't purposefully look for SEA-PHL it just came up as an option for the return flight in J and given the SEA-LHR flight was around 1pm I thought why not get an extra 140tp and the Club Suite from PHL.

Also doing it this way means all BA flight numbers AIUI.

Edited to add here's the multi city link: https://www.britishairways.com/badp/...J1640604093541
Thanks, I have managed to replicate fares found on Matrix on the BA multi city tool (although Y for one segment as you say, which I would need to deal with!) and then add a hotel, so progress! However you do have to cough up the full amount at the time of booking which set alarm bells that it was not a 'holiday' (i.e. where you pay a deposit) and thus eligible for the double tier points? Am I worrying about nothing?
Old Dec 27, 21, 4:41 am

Thanks, I have managed to replicate fares found on Matrix on the BA multi city tool (although Y for one segment as you say, which I would need to deal with!) and then add a hotel, so progress! However you do have to cough up the full amount at the time of booking which set alarm bells that it was not a 'holiday' (i.e. where you pay a deposit) and thus eligible for the double tier points? Am I worrying about nothing?
Where are you leaving from? If you follow the link above it means you can add the hotels at the same time as the flights. It will then calculate the price and give the option for the deposit.

Also remember to ensure you have a hotel booked for the whole trip for the double TP. Needs to be a minimum of 5 nights.
choosethedrew likes this.
Old Dec 27, 21, 4:51 am

Programs: AAdvantage ExPlat LT Gold, BA Silver, Aegean Star Gold

Got a 640 TP trip but getting from DCA works as one-ways but not having luck with RTs... This is pure theory for me, but curious to see how it works...
Old Dec 28, 21, 1:45 am

Programs: BA Gold
Thanks for this - going to book a MAD to SFO/LAX with the family for later this year. It wonít be a TP run as the kids donít cope well with multiple legs/weird hours and jetlag - so will be most direct options. Having found preferred itinerary on Matrix the same on Google flights is more expensive and only offers booking via AA at a lower price. Iím rusty on this and wanted to check - if I call BA and quote flight numbers should it price up as per Matrix quote? Would prefer to book with BA if possible. Thanks folks
m8_rotate likes this.

Search this Thread