Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 6, 2021, 5:40 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Prospero
This thread is the continuation of the discussion hosted in the BA Tier Point Runs | 2019-20 edition thread.

Useful tips and technical pointers
El_Duderito's explanation on fare routings and the maximum permitted distance you are allowed to travel (based on the distance between the origin and destination airports)

Helpful maps
The following series of maps show a 2,000 mile radius around each oneworld hub, useful for strategic planning purposes. Hopefully these will help your imagination to run free. Click on the images to reveal the accompanying maps.

EMEA

Asia Pacific

North America

Previous editions
BA Tier Point Runs | 2019-20 edition
BA Tier Point Runs | 2018 edition
BA Tier Point Runs | 2017 edition
BA Tier Point Runs | 2016 edition
BA Tier Point Runs | 2015 edition
BA Tier Point Runs | 2014 edition
BA Tier Point Runs | original edition
Print Wikipost

BA Tier Point Runs | 2021 edition

Search this Thread

Old Dec 26, 2021, 4:40 am

Originally Posted by mmxbreaks
Given the Double TP promotion extension, anything good exUK for 5x nights?
Looking for May onwards in 2022, circa £1.5-2K.
Already have a February F booking LHR-DFW-LAS/LAX-LHR but won't be able to move those dates by three months sadly (as far as I know anyway, even cancellation is only +14 days right?; does it being an F booking add flexibility, presume not as it's BAH package?), so it's going to be scrapped by me.
Probably not, but it's worth waiting until T- 3 weeks when the balance is due. If Omicron hits travel harder, they might get more flexible - or there could be a Jan sale which means a May trip has the same/similar cost as your Feb one.

I'm in the same position - Feb F trip to LAS (BAH) - had a schedule change, so can get a refund of the deposit, but would like to move by 2-3 months.
Old Dec 26, 2021, 5:01 am

Programs: Chevalier de la Gallentrie - Knight of the Platinum Hair Brush, BA Gold, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by zen100
Probably not, but it's worth waiting until T- 3 weeks when the balance is due. If Omicron hits travel harder, they might get more flexible - or there could be a Jan sale which means a May trip has the same/similar cost as your Feb one.

I'm in the same position - Feb F trip to LAS (BAH) - had a schedule change, so can get a refund of the deposit, but would like to move by 2-3 months.
Not sure if it's policy, or just the usual luck of the draw on the agent you get, but I called up about moving a booking in Feb after some AA legs were cancelled/rescheduled. Tried to move to August, but the issue I hit was ticket validity period (as this trip was booked in April). Agent said I could move it no both with no reprice and no change fee as long as the outbound trip started before the end of the validity period, so I think you SHOULD be ok as long it's within 12 months of when you booked it - not 12 months of when you were due to travel. Not sure what the difference is if this is for a previously cancelled trip or an FTV, etc - mine was just a straight holiday booking on this occasion. Still looking at options, given this was originally an ex-EU trip with both legs UUA to First from CW - didn't fancy the £19k per person reprice to move it to August lol.
Old Dec 26, 2021, 5:29 am

Originally Posted by efincomputer
Not sure if it's policy, or just the usual luck of the draw on the agent you get, but I called up about moving a booking in Feb after some AA legs were cancelled/rescheduled. Tried to move to August, but the issue I hit was ticket validity period (as this trip was booked in April). Agent said I could move it no both with no reprice and no change fee as long as the outbound trip started before the end of the validity period, so I think you SHOULD be ok as long it's within 12 months of when you booked it - not 12 months of when you were due to travel. Not sure what the difference is if this is for a previously cancelled trip or an FTV, etc - mine was just a straight holiday booking on this occasion. Still looking at options, given this was originally an ex-EU trip with both legs UUA to First from CW - didn't fancy the £19k per person reprice to move it to August lol.
Interesting and useful to know. Was that flight-only, or BA Holidays. I have noticed that BAH are more stingy with schedule change flexibility, or rather they are adhering to the policy more strictly. But that's just been my experience, so interested to hear others experiences
Old Dec 26, 2021, 6:14 am

Originally Posted by mmxbreaks
Given the Double TP promotion extension, anything good exUK for 5x nights?
Looking for May onwards in 2022, circa £1.5-2K.
Already have a February F booking LHR-DFW-LAS/LAX-LHR but won't be able to move those dates by three months sadly (as far as I know anyway, even cancellation is only +14 days right?; does it being an F booking add flexibility, presume not as it's BAH package?), so it's going to be scrapped by me.

Played about on the BA website I managed to book this for my holiday this year. It's an open jaw as it wouldn't let me book LAX-SEA. However it had thrown up SEA-PHL-LHR-EDI as the return routing. Yes it's a recliner for SEA-PHL but how bad can it be for an early morning flight. Transcon JFK-LAX on the way out and Club suite for LHR-JFK/PHL-LHR. Based on the eligibility criteria this should net 1280tp. Taking of hotels this is about £1.50/tp. Could be gold in one trip if 1125 remains.
choosethedrew and flyerkit like this.
Old Dec 26, 2021, 7:19 am

Programs: BAEC GGL, BA Amex PP
Possible - I have AGP-HEL-LHR-JFK-LAX-SFO rt. The bare bones I class fare INX1C1... comes in around the £1,150 mark, once you start to specify BA codeshares it can bump it by another £50 or so (all original prices would be in EUR so these £ amounts are rough prices). Adding in HEL if desired can be harder to find availability on in I class (LHR-HEL specifically given far fewer flights than before) but if you get it, should add c. £100 for this extra distance.
Old Dec 26, 2021, 7:22 am

Originally Posted by omk298
I'm planning to go to New Orleans in October this year, which is now within the double TP promotion for holiday bookings. What is the best possible routing for an ex-UK trip (to meet the double TP t+C)?

​​​​​So far I can see MAN-LHR-JFK-CLT-MSY and return, or similar routes (eg BOS or MIA instead of JFK). Prices aren't great at the moment, but I've got a bit of time to wait and see. Is there any way of getting HEL in for example ex-UK?
Just be sure that there are BA codeshares available on all your segments (MAN to JFK should be easy, it's on to CLT and MSY that you may have to dig around for) and that the BA codeshares are specified when you get the quote. ITA will usually throw up AA codeshares on the latter intra-US legs by default when you price up the route
Old Dec 26, 2021, 10:47 am

Programs: BAEC Gold/ GGL / Avis Preferred/ Hilton Honours Diamond
Originally Posted by chris1979
has anyone been able to build a HEL into the MAD - Westcoast fare, i.e. MAD - LHR - HEL - JFK - LAX or MAD - HEL - LHR - JFK - LAX?
As mentioned above AGP/HEL/JFK LAX OR SFO nets 840 Tier points and positioning to AGP in CE would add 80, so potentially 920 TPs up for grabs. Depending on what your objectives are? Build a Holiday around the Trip? If it is just a smash and grab TP run the two runs below start appearing in ITA Matrix 30 Jun 22, 7 and 14 Jul 22, 24 Aug 22, 01 and 09 Sep 22. That's as far as I plotted. Although the runs below are for a specific date I would imagine the connections are similar over all dates, Good luck and I hope this helps.

Last edited by m8_rotate; Dec 26, 2021 at 10:50 am Reason: Math
Old Dec 26, 2021, 11:01 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite Plus,BAEC GGL,ITA Executive, AFKL Gold,QR Gold,HH Diamond,Bonvoy Gold,ALL Gold
AGP-HEL-LHR-JFK-LAX-SFO is possible with the same fare and it would accrue 1080 Tier Points.
Jase76 and m8_rotate like this.
Old Dec 26, 2021, 11:05 am

To maximise the run above, you could break HEL-JFK into HEL-LHR-JFK and add in another West Coast stop e.g. JFK-SFO-LAX or JFK-LAX-SFO to make it 1160 TP (i.e. Gold in one run if you get at least 4 BA flight numbers) including positioning, though the HEL-LHR-LHR availability takes some searching for.
m8_rotate likes this.
Old Dec 26, 2021, 11:17 am

Originally Posted by ISTFlyer
AGP-HEL-LHR-JFK-LAX-SFO is possible with the same fare and it would accrue 1080 Tier Points.
I did try that option a few times but the fare would break on those dates. However there was such a run available on 08 Sep 22, but it has since gone from ITA matrix. But I get the point, it's trial and error, plus perseverance.
Old Dec 26, 2021, 11:22 am

Understood, it depends on how much time you have and your circumstances. I personally don't have lots of time for other options, so the above suits me. But if you have retired from the slog, the then world should be your oyster, as "they" say.
Old Dec 26, 2021, 1:19 pm

Programs: AAdvantage ExPlat LT Gold, BA Silver, Aegean Star Gold
Cross-post from the Premium Fares Thread

TPA-FAI for $747 (580 TPs)
our_kid and LucyK1806 like this.
Old Dec 27, 2021, 12:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite Plus,BAEC GGL,ITA Executive, AFKL Gold,QR Gold,HH Diamond,Bonvoy Gold,ALL Gold
DCA-LAX-ANC-FAI is also available for a similar price and would accrue 640TP's roundtrip.
Although ex-DCA is only available at limited dates in January and February with minimal availability.
our_kid, jfkeze and Blue Skye like this.
Old Dec 27, 2021, 2:03 am

Being based in the US of A has great advantages!
Old Dec 27, 2021, 2:46 am

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold & GGL & CCR, HH Diam, Bonvoy Titanium, IHG Spire, Tastecard
thank you Nephoi megaloman m8_rotate ISTFlyer ! I shall have a play. I didn't previously get it to work but will expand the dates.
ISTFlyer likes this.

Last edited by chris1979; Dec 27, 2021 at 2:55 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.