Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 6, 2021, 5:40 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Prospero
This thread is the continuation of the discussion hosted in the BA Tier Point Runs | 2019-20 edition thread.

Useful tips and technical pointers
El_Duderito's explanation on fare routings and the maximum permitted distance you are allowed to travel (based on the distance between the origin and destination airports)

Helpful maps
The following series of maps show a 2,000 mile radius around each oneworld hub, useful for strategic planning purposes. Hopefully these will help your imagination to run free. Click on the images to reveal the accompanying maps.

EMEA

Asia Pacific

North America

Previous editions
BA Tier Point Runs | 2019-20 edition
BA Tier Point Runs | 2018 edition
BA Tier Point Runs | 2017 edition
BA Tier Point Runs | 2016 edition
BA Tier Point Runs | 2015 edition
BA Tier Point Runs | 2014 edition
BA Tier Point Runs | original edition
Print Wikipost

BA Tier Point Runs | 2021 edition

Search this Thread

Old Dec 18, 2021, 10:00 pm

Programs: AA EXP, BAEC Gold, IHG Platinum
Doing my first tier run. Having to spend over $18k to requalify with AA has made me look elsewhere for OWE. I feel like 640 TP for $715 is a pretty good start.

Old Dec 18, 2021, 10:22 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by ghsbass0406
Doing my first tier run. Having to spend over $18k to requalify with AA has made me look elsewhere for OWE. I feel like 640 TP for $715 is a pretty good start.

Great to see that you can do something like this on the Alaska route network, at such a reasonable cost.
Old Dec 19, 2021, 3:23 am

I think that's a pretty darn good start! Just need to get your 4 squiggles.
Old Dec 19, 2021, 5:50 am

Programs: BA Silver
Hi
My TP run MAD-LHR-JFK-LAS-LAX has had several changes, leaving me with a 20 minute connection in LHR on the way out !! Surely that's less than the MCT?
My online options appear to be accept or cancel & the phone waits are frustratingly long to talk to an agent.

Are they usually quite helpful in these circs or will they push me to cancel ?

Thanks
Old Dec 19, 2021, 6:02 am

Programs: BA Gold

That's a lot of time in a recliner You'll earn those TP
Old Dec 19, 2021, 6:45 am

Programs: Chevalier de la Gallentrie - Knight of the Platinum Hair Brush, BA Gold, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by Ilovethebeachclub
Hi
My TP run MAD-LHR-JFK-LAS-LAX has had several changes, leaving me with a 20 minute connection in LHR on the way out !! Surely that's less than the MCT?
My online options appear to be accept or cancel & the phone waits are frustratingly long to talk to an agent.

Thanks
Yep - 20 mins is way below MCT at Heathrow - no way you'd make that flight.
Ilovethebeachclub likes this.
Old Dec 19, 2021, 8:52 am

Programs: BA GGL, Marriott, IHG, Sirius, Dusit, Thai, Virgin, Hyatt, BAA, AS, AA(both)
Hi

Thanks
You are probably best off figure out how you want your flights to route and in terms of comfort you might want to try and get them to route you MAD-LHR-JFK-SFO-LAX
Old Dec 19, 2021, 10:53 am

Programs: BA Gold, Mucci
Originally Posted by dougzz
That's a lot of time in a recliner You'll earn those TP
At least it's on Alaska where you're pretty much guaranteed great treatment from the crew. Could be that other AAirline where it's a crap shoot as to whether you'll be given a smile or a punch in the face upon boarding...
Tack likes this.
Old Dec 19, 2021, 11:12 am

Programs: BAEC Gold/ GGL / Avis Preferred/ Hilton Honours Diamond
Hi

Thanks
This has happened to me on a few TP runs, Feb Mar and Apr. I choose MAD or BCN as a start point for that reason. Giving you more options for departing flights, MAD more so. At the moment you have to call up. This is what I have done, beforehand check earlier flights out of MAD (More Convenient to you) and pass those details on to the BA Agent. I have managed to successfully move all changes to a more suitable flight. Good luck.
Old Dec 19, 2021, 11:26 am

Programs: Centurion BA GGL IHG Diamond
Has anyone found any good runs in the current BA sale?
Old Dec 19, 2021, 11:39 am

Programs: BAEC Gold/ GGL / Avis Preferred/ Hilton Honours Diamond
Originally Posted by Komodromou
Has anyone found any good runs in the current BA sale?
As far as I know, all the sale flights start in the UK. So not a great deal of scope for a proper TP run. I am based in the UK, so any decent TP run has to start Ex EU. However, not sure if the sale applies to the start points in the USA, if so you may have more success, good hunting.
Old Dec 19, 2021, 2:30 pm

Programs: BAEC
*Deleted*
Old Dec 19, 2021, 10:21 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Don't forget that Alaska Airlines gift cards are at Costco - $500 gc for $450.
Markie, Tack and EDIwanderer like this.
Old Dec 21, 2021, 8:31 am

Programs: BA Blue, Qatar Gold, Hilton Diamond, IHG Spire Ambassador, Marriott Gold
Managed to book the following (I did it around a week or two ago) for July 2022.....

MAD-->LHR-->JFK-->SFO (all in the same day)
SFO-->JFK (22 hour layover, intentional)
JFK-->LHR--DUB

Mixture of J and I class, £1130.56pp for 640TPs

Old Dec 21, 2021, 11:22 pm

Programs: BA GGL
Given the Double TP promotion extension, anything good exUK for 5x nights?
Looking for May onwards in 2022, circa £1.5-2K.
Already have a February F booking LHR-DFW-LAS/LAX-LHR but won't be able to move those dates by three months sadly (as far as I know anyway, even cancellation is only +14 days right?; does it being an F booking add flexibility, presume not as it's BAH package?), so it's going to be scrapped by me.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.