Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 6, 2021, 5:40 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Prospero
This thread is the continuation of the discussion hosted in the BA Tier Point Runs | 2019-20 edition thread.

Useful tips and technical pointers
El_Duderito's explanation on fare routings and the maximum permitted distance you are allowed to travel (based on the distance between the origin and destination airports)

Helpful maps
The following series of maps show a 2,000 mile radius around each oneworld hub, useful for strategic planning purposes. Hopefully these will help your imagination to run free. Click on the images to reveal the accompanying maps.

EMEA

Asia Pacific

North America

Previous editions
BA Tier Point Runs | 2019-20 edition
BA Tier Point Runs | 2018 edition
BA Tier Point Runs | 2017 edition
BA Tier Point Runs | 2016 edition
BA Tier Point Runs | 2015 edition
BA Tier Point Runs | 2014 edition
BA Tier Point Runs | original edition
Print Wikipost

BA Tier Point Runs | 2021 edition

Search this Thread

Old Nov 22, 2021, 6:06 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold (1w Emerald), United Platinum (*G), Marriott Plat Elite
Originally Posted by champignon
He wants to get to the LP GS fast enough that he forgets the bubbly plonk that precedes it?
But 1080TP wouldn't be enough for Gold even with the lower 2021 limits? That's what I'm not understanding here
Old Nov 22, 2021, 6:14 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by jaro
But 1080TP wouldn't be enough for Gold even with the lower 2021 limits? That's what I'm not understanding here
Maybe he has done some earlier travel and already has some TPs.
jaro likes this.
Old Nov 23, 2021, 5:45 am

Programs: BA Gold
Add on your positioning flights to AGP. 160 points if you book as a holiday. In fact Biz one way economy the other would be enough.
alex67500 likes this.
Old Nov 23, 2021, 6:49 am

Programs: Mucci, BAEC, Eurostar
Originally Posted by jaro
​​​​

Why in one trip?
1000 TPs, plus the trip out and back to AGP via MAD is 1120, just 5 short of the job. That, plus the fact that I'm actually finishing that trip in Paris makes it 1160, so gold in one go. No LPGS just yet though!
jaro likes this.
Old Nov 23, 2021, 6:52 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: LH HON, BA GGL, AF Plat, EK Plat
Much less TP worthy but i just booked BUD-LHR-LAX-MIA-BOG return with 2 night in BOG (for work not just a run) and in A class it nets 1000tps, with cost of £3250. not the greatest ratio but it gets me where i need to go and also earns quite a few points!
Old Nov 23, 2021, 11:28 am

Programs: Mucci, BA Gold, A3*Gold, AA Plat, HH Gold, IHG Plat Amb, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by nufnuf77
Much less TP worthy but i just booked BUD-LHR-LAX-MIA-BOG return with 2 night in BOG (for work not just a run) and in A class it nets 1000tps, with cost of £3250. not the greatest ratio but it gets me where i need to go and also earns quite a few points!
I make that 670TP each way. Or do you not have A class on all sectors ?
Old Nov 23, 2021, 11:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite Plus,BAEC GGL,ITA Executive, AFKL Gold,QR Gold,HH Diamond,Bonvoy Gold,ALL Gold
Originally Posted by Tafflyer
MIA-BOG is 1507 miles and AA doesn't offer Flagship First service on that route.
Old Nov 23, 2021, 11:40 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by nufnuf77
This is in the ballpark of what I am doing in 3 weeks; BOI-LAX-JFK-LHR-GVA and return as GVA-LHR-JFK-LAX-BOI, all in 1st except for J in the first and final segments of each direction (A or F doesn't exist on those routes). That's 1000 TPs. The LAX-JFK and JFK-LAX are in F on AA A321T transcons in 1st. $3800 USD.

Added to that are 3 J segments on AS already done in the USA, now we are at 1120, 5 TPs and 2 BA Metal flights short, so I'm doing GVA-LHR-GVA in economy for around $165 USD, yielding 10 TPs and 2 BA Metals. Voila, 1130 TPs If you add the cost of my 3 AS flights in J, plus the GVA-LHR-GVA coach segments, I'm within $50 US spend in total of 3250 GBP. That might be about as low as you can go for a TP accumulation program utilizing long haul first class on BA or AS.
nufnuf77 and Reetmafreen like this.
Old Nov 23, 2021, 11:41 am

Programs: BA GfL/GGL/CCR, HH Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador
Originally Posted by Tafflyer
It's J-A-A-J, so 40+210+210+40 = 500 each way.
nufnuf77 likes this.
Old Nov 23, 2021, 4:23 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: LH HON, BA GGL, AF Plat, EK Plat
Originally Posted by megaloman
It's J-A-A-J, so 40+210+210+40 = 500 each way.
Indeed, its unfortunate that routing BUD-LHR-LAX-JFK-BOG exceeds the MPM ever so slightly as that would have been 1200tp return journey!
Old Nov 24, 2021, 1:32 am

Flew MAN-LHR-AMM with Royal Jordanian (part TP run as I went RJ to earn long-haul TPs)
When I booked (business class) I was expecting 40+140TPs each way. MMB was showing 360TPs quoted for the trip (showing on MMB because of the BA metal ex MAN)
the LHR-AMM leg has now posted at **80TPs*** as 'Club Europe'.
I have just double checked with BA Flight Calculator and sure enough RJ LHR-AMM is quoting 80TPs and NOT 140 which it was a couple of weeks ago. Is this an IT c*ck up? Because there was no notification of the change in RJ TP allocations, and I would not have paid the very many extra £££ just to get 80TPs. On a return trip I will now be down 120TPs which will be the difference between renewing Gold and dropping to Silver.
What should I do? I'm concerned if I phone BA the agent will just look at the calculator and tell me what I already know...
Old Nov 24, 2021, 1:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite Plus,BAEC GGL,ITA Executive, AFKL Gold,QR Gold,HH Diamond,Bonvoy Gold,ALL Gold
Originally Posted by GBOAC
Flew MAN-LHR-AMM with Royal Jordanian (part TP run as I went RJ to earn long-haul TPs)
When I booked (business class) I was expecting 40+140TPs each way. MMB was showing 360TPs quoted for the trip (showing on MMB because of the BA metal ex MAN)
the LHR-AMM leg has now posted at **80TPs*** as 'Club Europe'.
I have just double checked with BA Flight Calculator and sure enough RJ LHR-AMM is quoting 80TPs and NOT 140 which it was a couple of weeks ago. Is this an IT c*ck up? Because there was no notification of the change in RJ TP allocations, and I would not have paid the very many extra £££ just to get 80TPs. On a return trip I will now be down 120TPs which will be the difference between renewing Gold and dropping to Silver.
What should I do? I'm concerned if I phone BA the agent will just look at the calculator and tell me what I already know...
Was the LHR-AMM flight marketed under the BA code?
Old Nov 24, 2021, 1:44 am

Originally Posted by ISTFlyer
Was the LHR-AMM flight marketed under the BA code?
All flights were RJ flight numbers booked through RJ
Man-LHR BA metal RJ Flight number
LHR-AMM RJ metal RJ number.

My surprise is that according to BA's own systems as of today, LHR-AMM with RJ is now 80TPs (no longer 140), BUT no notification was given of this change. I booked in good faith for Long Haul Tier points, and this was confirmed in MMB before I flew/before IT chaos. Stupidly that was the one bit of my account I didn't do a screen shot of... because who changes TP allocations without giving a notice period.

Last edited by GBOAC; Nov 24, 2021 at 1:54 am
Old Nov 24, 2021, 3:43 am

Programs: BA, QF, Avis, Marriott
Sneaky .......s. I can confirm when I did LHR <> AMM in early October, I earned 140 TPs.

Now, according to the BAEC calculator, it has indeed dropped down to 80TPs. But, HEY! We do get an extra whole 5 Avios!

One for HeadForPoints to investigate?

Old Nov 24, 2021, 4:13 am

Programs: Some
Originally Posted by GBOAC
All flights were RJ flight numbers booked through RJ
Man-LHR BA metal RJ Flight number
LHR-AMM RJ metal RJ number.

My surprise is that according to BA's own systems as of today, LHR-AMM with RJ is now 80TPs (no longer 140), BUT no notification was given of this change. I booked in good faith for Long Haul Tier points, and this was confirmed in MMB before I flew/before IT chaos. Stupidly that was the one bit of my account I didn't do a screen shot of... because who changes TP allocations without giving a notice period.
Awarding more Tier Points for flying the same flight on a competitor doesn't totally make sense so I'm not hugely surprised by this change, it seems it just took BA time to update earnings for other oneworld partners. The writing was probably on the wall on this when they downgraded AMM to CE rather than CW so I imagine this is a permanent change. The lack of notice is not great but I don't think BA has ever sent out emails for TP earning changes. I would ping BA an email saying you saw long haul TPs in the calculator at the time you booked and see if they will give you credit for that anyway without a screenshot.
KARFA and Traveller 935 like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.