FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   British Airways | Executive Club (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club-446/)
-   -   BA LCY-SOU (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club/2033660-ba-lcy-sou.html)

jamespi Feb 5, 2021 7:37 am

BA LCY-SOU

Just looked out of my window and spotted a BA E190 (G-LCYO) on final approach into SOU, coming in from LCY.

Wondered if I had fallen asleep and woken up to find out that it was May already and the new routes had started 😃 sadly not...

EJetter Feb 5, 2021 8:37 am

Positioning to SOU to operate a charter to NCL, then tomorrow NCL-BOH.

yellow_peril Feb 5, 2021 9:00 am

Originally Posted by EJetter (Post 33017954)

Is that NCL - BOH tomorrow a change from coming back into SOU as the airport is shutting at weekends from tomorrow?

smiles in the aisles Feb 5, 2021 10:19 am

Southampton FC are playing Newcastle United FC this weekend, so that’s presumably the reason for the charter

corporate-wage-slave Feb 5, 2021 10:20 am

Originally Posted by EJetter (Post 33017954)

Doubtless it is a coincidence that Newcastle United FC are playing at St James' Park tomorrow, the visiting side being Southampton FC.

roberino Feb 5, 2021 11:53 am

Forgive my knumptiness, but is that a scheduled flight from LCY-SOU?

1Aturnleft Feb 5, 2021 12:02 pm

Originally Posted by roberino (Post 33018422)
Forgive my knumptiness, but is that a scheduled flight from LCY-SOU?

Positioning sector

jamespi Feb 5, 2021 12:20 pm

If it had been a new scheduled flight, there would have been a length thread about what TP it should earn, I'm sure.

champair79 Feb 5, 2021 12:32 pm

On Tuesday/Wednesday this week, both Southampton and Brighton used Jota Aviation G-JOTS. Southampton played Man Utd so routed SOU-MAN-LGW and Brighton played Liverpool the following day so routed LGW-LPL-LGW.

Im not sure how often BA Cityflyer pick up these charters but nevertheless, it’s something interesting. Premier League teams often prefer to fly over distances exceeding 2 hours on the road but it’s even more important now as so many hotels are closed and you want to minimise the contact players and support staff have with the outside world to try and protect the bubbles.

EJetter Feb 5, 2021 7:26 pm

We’ll be seeing plenty of CityFlyer sports team charters this year.

March will see a lot of flying on behalf of the Welsh rugby team.

krispy84 Feb 6, 2021 6:17 am

Originally Posted by EJetter (Post 33019248)
We’ll be seeing plenty of CityFlyer sports team charters this year.

March will see a lot of flying on behalf of the Welsh rugby team.

What sort of catering do they have on these charters? Or do they not bother given the short duration flights?

EJetter Feb 6, 2021 7:10 am

Originally Posted by krispy84 (Post 33019735)
What sort of catering do they have on these charters? Or do they not bother given the short duration flights?

On super short domestic flights it's usually just a bottle of water. On longer flights, I'm not sure.

sammyg901 Feb 6, 2021 9:20 am

G-LCYO did the honours having been on the ground at LCY since before Christmas. It actually seems to be on behalf of Jota Aviation (operated using their call sign) who of course were often found filing in for BA, another amusing oddity of the COVID world !

JeffBHD Feb 6, 2021 10:25 am

Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave (Post 33018180)
Doubtless it is a coincidence that Newcastle United FC are playing at St James' Park tomorrow, the visiting side being Southampton FC.

After that performance, Southampton should be sent home by road.

Globaliser Feb 6, 2021 10:40 am

Originally Posted by JeffBHD (Post 33020049)
After that performance, Southampton should be sent home by road.

With or without vehicles?