Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Right Said Fred on BA

Search this Thread

Old Feb 5, 2021, 5:54 am

Programs: BA Gold , Mucci recipient. Coffee Drinker, Blue Sky Thinker
Originally Posted by kanderson1965
I must be getting old, I thought Right said Fred was a song about shifting an undisclosed heavy object without due regard to health and safety considerations.
Was a Piano I think
Old Feb 5, 2021, 6:27 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold. GGL/CCR.
Originally Posted by sunshinebob
Was a Piano I think
Yes and cups of tea
Old Feb 5, 2021, 6:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
Originally Posted by golfmad
Originally Posted by sunshinebob
Was a Piano I think
Yes and cups of tea
The cups of tea were explicit, the piano rather less so.

And you're only old if you remember it when it was first released!
MADPhil likes this.
Old Feb 5, 2021, 6:48 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold. GGL/CCR.
Originally Posted by Globaliser
The cups of tea were explicit, the piano rather less so.

And you're only old if you remember it when it was first released!
Bernard Cribbins at his finest:

(Even I wasn't born when it was first released!)
Geordie405 and EDIwanderer like this.
Old Feb 5, 2021, 10:08 am

Programs: BA Silver, TK Elite, Marriott Lifetime Platinum, NEXUS/GE
Originally Posted by TraumaDoc
I maintain my opinion that if your respiratory function is so poor that you can't tolerate wearing a thin piece of fabric over your face, you probably shouldn't be flying at all, let alone where a potentially fatal respiratory pathogen is doing the rounds.
I am not a doctor, but isn’t the issue that there are some people who have autism, or mental health, or PTSD related issues that would cause anxiety or other severe distress when wearing a covering over one’s nose and mouth?
Old Feb 5, 2021, 10:27 am

Programs: BD*G, BAGold, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat
Originally Posted by PeaSouper
I am not a doctor, but isn’t the issue that there are some people who have autism, or mental health, or PTSD related issues that would cause anxiety or other severe distress when wearing a covering over one’s nose and mouth?
I am a doctor haha and you are correct. Asthma, Allergies and even COPD are constantly given as excuses by covid deniers/anti-lockdown/establishment people however all evidence shows that standard surgical masks don't have any effect on oxygen saturations. The only cases where I think people could claim medical reasons is for severe Anxiety/claustrophobia and learning disabilities, autism etc particularly in children/adolescents. Most people who claim to have medical reasons that would truly stop them wearing a mask are chatting s**te... particularly the ones making youtube videos of themselves complaining/kicking off.
Old Feb 5, 2021, 11:11 am

Programs: BAEC
I wonder what ‘essential work’ he was planning to do overseas that enabled him to travel at all. And, as some others have said, if you’re too ill or sensitive to wear a mask, then you probably shouldn’t be out during a pandemic.

BA should have refused him travel, and would have earned more respect, from me at least...
Old Feb 5, 2021, 11:26 am

Programs: BA Silver / SQ Sol PPS / KE & EK Nobody!
Originally Posted by TraumaDoc
For once I agree with Alex Macheras.

Isn't it amazing how people who are anti-lockdown and anti-mask just happen to be exempt from wearing a mask as well. Really strange.

I maintain my opinion that if your respiratory function is so poor that you can't tolerate wearing a thin piece of fabric over your face, you probably shouldn't be flying at all, let alone where a potentially fatal respiratory pathogen is doing the rounds.

Incredibly tone deaf responses from Heathrow and BA too.
This! It's staggering how many masks slip under noses once you're off the ground.
Old Feb 5, 2021, 12:11 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver
Originally Posted by pogonation
I am a doctor haha and you are correct. Asthma, Allergies and even COPD are constantly given as excuses by covid deniers/anti-lockdown/establishment people however all evidence shows that standard surgical masks don't have any effect on oxygen saturations. The only cases where I think people could claim medical reasons is for severe Anxiety/claustrophobia and learning disabilities, autism etc particularly in children/adolescents. Most people who claim to have medical reasons that would truly stop them wearing a mask are chatting s**te... particularly the ones making youtube videos of themselves complaining/kicking off.
100%.

Although I met a patient who had severe trigeminal neuralgia who couldn't wear the normal elasticated masks... But we're getting really small print here (and he managed a scarf around his head).
pogonation likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.