Wiki Posts
Search

This is going to be a tricky day!!!

Search this Thread

Old Feb 2, 2021, 2:42 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC - Silver
This is going to be a tricky day!!!

Obviously due to changes and cancellations - also likely to get worse! Pretty sure my itinerary will be difficult as it stands though. Clearly most of them are not flying but will be interesting to see what this booking looks like when it is eventually cancelled

Old Feb 2, 2021, 2:48 pm
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Yes so it look like you have had a move from LGW to LHR on 5th, and then a cancellation and move from 5th to 6th. Coming back is just a move from LGW to LHR.

Bad news is that it will never been cleaned up on the app. The app always shows all flights including cancelled ones. So that one will stay looking like that, or worse if you have more changes. I could show you some horror stories on my app!

On ba.com MMB at least it does get cleaned up so the cancelled flights will be removed and only show the confirmed flights. As long as it looks correct on the website there isn't anything to worry about.
astutiumRob likes this.
Old Feb 3, 2021, 3:04 am

Programs: Skywards Gold, Amex Plat, SkyTeam Silver
Originally Posted by KARFA
Bad news is that it will never been cleaned up on the app. The app always shows all flights including cancelled ones. So that one will stay looking like that, or worse if you have more changes. I could show you some horror stories on my app!
I am not, in anyway, a regularly flyer with BA. But I had many, many cancelled bookings on my app. After a phonecall to make another change a lovely Glaswegian lady on the phone said "this is a mess, lets clear it all up", and a check a half hour late my BA app only had the current flights. Not sure what hocos-pocusory exists but it worked!
DeathSlam and Soft Top like this.
Old Feb 3, 2021, 4:45 am

Programs: BA GGL, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by marconess
I am not, in anyway, a regularly flyer with BA. But I had many, many cancelled bookings on my app. After a phonecall to make another change a lovely Glaswegian lady on the phone said "this is a mess, lets clear it all up", and a check a half hour late my BA app only had the current flights. Not sure what hocos-pocusory exists but it worked!
call them, ask them, tell us.

it drives me crazy. BAEC account (next 3 bookings) only shows cancelled PNRs, all the other bookings are in the wrong order. It seems that the are sorted by alphabet not by date. (i know it isnt, its sorted by the first cancelled flight)
Old Feb 3, 2021, 5:55 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Let me explain what is happening here.

The App is just giving you a view of the booking details held in Amadeus Altéa. It's just a front end, and not a sophisticated one either, to a database held remotely and controlled by a very different piece of software. That Amadeus database is the core repository and contains a lot more information than you see in the App or MMB.

If a flight gets cancelled in Amadeus, then quite a number of things can heppen, but a typical scenario is cancel first, then a module Reaccom will appear and add in a reaccommodation sector. Doesn't always work, but for very good reasons Reaccom doesn't strip out the old data. Sometimes there will be quite a few new entries that appear, for example as a result of MCT and changing schedule times. The system tends to work by adding data and there is relatively little automation of data removal, in case it causes other problems, such as loss of payment information. The net result is the app can show multiple lines of data, and over in Amadeus there may be other lines of data on top. At some point a skilled agent can work through all the piled up rubbish and strip out anything that is safe to delete. After you have refreshed your App version then you should see something sensible.

In a sense having all the duff informaition won't do much harm unless you're somewhat OCD, but it can occasionally inhibit OLCI and quick tidy up by an agent will sort it out.

In SABRE it is even worse since Reaccom can come up with multiple replacement flights for each sector. So if there is bad weather on the Eastern Seaboard and you have a few flights on your booking, you'll pitch up in an Admiral's Club somewhere and the AA agent will do a severe eyebrow rise at the proliferation. It gets like that scene in the The Sorcerer's Apprentice, where Mickey Mouse tries to stop the brooms by chopping them in half.
Old Feb 3, 2021, 6:31 am

Programs: Skywards Gold, Amex Plat, SkyTeam Silver
Fantastic information c-w-s. I have no idea how you remember all of this useful information.
Old Feb 3, 2021, 8:21 am

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold(twice), Hilton Diamond
Fantastic information c-w-s. I have no idea how you remember all of this useful information.
He's not human, simple as that.
Old Feb 4, 2021, 11:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/LTP, BA GGL/CCR/GfL, HH D/LTD, SPG/MR Plat/LTP
Originally Posted by Monty Python and the Holy Grail (movie)

Sir Bedevere: How do you know so much about swallows?

King Arthur: Well, you have to know these things when you're a king, you know.
EDIwanderer and guym4c like this.
Old Feb 4, 2021, 6:38 pm
Suspended

Programs: BA (LTG, GGL, CCR), LH (*G)
Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
Let me explain what is happening here.

The App is just giving you a view of the booking details held in Amadeus Altéa. It's just a front end, and not a sophisticated one either, to a database held remotely and controlled by a very different piece of software. That Amadeus database is the core repository and contains a lot more information than you see in the App or MMB.

If a flight gets cancelled in Amadeus, then quite a number of things can heppen, but a typical scenario is cancel first, then a module Reaccom will appear and add in a reaccommodation sector. Doesn't always work, but for very good reasons Reaccom doesn't strip out the old data. Sometimes there will be quite a few new entries that appear, for example as a result of MCT and changing schedule times. The system tends to work by adding data and there is relatively little automation of data removal, in case it causes other problems, such as loss of payment information. The net result is the app can show multiple lines of data, and over in Amadeus there may be other lines of data on top. At some point a skilled agent can work through all the piled up rubbish and strip out anything that is safe to delete. After you have refreshed your App version then you should see something sensible.

In a sense having all the duff informaition won't do much harm unless you're somewhat OCD, but it can occasionally inhibit OLCI and quick tidy up by an agent will sort it out.

In SABRE it is even worse since Reaccom can come up with multiple replacement flights for each sector. So if there is bad weather on the Eastern Seaboard and you have a few flights on your booking, you'll pitch up in an Admiral's Club somewhere and the AA agent will do a severe eyebrow rise at the proliferation. It gets like that scene in the The Sorcerer's Apprentice, where Mickey Mouse tries to stop the brooms by chopping them in half.
... and yet Lufthansa’s app — from a company not known for IT prowess — can sidestep all this gobbledygook and only show you the current booking. Maybe LH needs to provide some IT support to BA Bangalore (or wherever Ba’s horrific IT calls home these days)?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.