Community
Wiki Posts
Search

A350 club world with small children

Search this Thread

Old Aug 23, 2022, 6:46 am

How’d this end up working for you? I’m flying with our 2 year old in a couple of months in J on the A350. Also trying to figure out the best seating arrangement.
Old Aug 23, 2022, 8:19 am

We recently did this with the new CWS with a 2 and 4 year old. Originally we had booked four middle seats with the idea of and adult behind and to the side of each child. So the adult in front / behind could easily get to the child who was next to the other adult.

On boarding we realised it was a very light cabin so had a pick of seats and after a quick inspection decided two window and the middle seats next to them was better. The adult in the middle seats could lean forward and see the child, and with a stretched hand could make contact (just about) if needed.

Everything was fine, perfect actually, our kids are good fliers so that helps, and when they went to sleep we just shut their doors. The only big issue would be if your child can't sit on their own during takeoff, or landing or if there is turbulence and they need reassurance.

Happy to offer anyone else any advice.
DrBenO likes this.
Old Aug 23, 2022, 8:45 am

Programs: BA Silver, ZSL Silver
Originally Posted by mediamonkey
We recently did this with the new CWS with a 2 and 4 year old. Originally we had booked four middle seats with the idea of and adult behind and to the side of each child. So the adult in front / behind could easily get to the child who was next to the other adult.

On boarding we realised it was a very light cabin so had a pick of seats and after a quick inspection decided two window and the middle seats next to them was better. The adult in the middle seats could lean forward and see the child, and with a stretched hand could make contact (just about) if needed.

Everything was fine, perfect actually, our kids are good fliers so that helps, and when they went to sleep we just shut their doors. The only big issue would be if your child can't sit on their own during takeoff, or landing or if there is turbulence and they need reassurance.

Happy to offer anyone else any advice.
We took ours last year when they were just two, but luckily got old CW and they were actually great on the long flights. We decided not to do a US trip this year (Kentucky has come to me...) but I reckon they will be fine with CS next summer.
mediamonkey likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.