Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Modified COVID-19 catering, effective 20 January 2021

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 22, 2021, 4:50 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Enigma368
Modified COVID-19 catering, effective 20 January 2021 until further notice.
Previous discussion: COVID Friendly Catering Revealed By British Airways

A reduced service has resumed in all cabins, including steel cutlery, glassware and chinaware in premium cabins. Choice may be limited in some cabins and on some routes. Some elements may be delivered covered for safety. All meals apart from First are served on single trays. Portion sizes, particularly in Club World, have been significantly reduced compared to pre-Covid.

On BA CityFlyer full service has resumed, with the exception of hot towels and warmed bread in Club Europe. See dedicated wiki thread for full details.

Details of the current service are available on BA.com

Changes from pre-COVID service:

Euro Traveller
  • Buy-on-board M&S menu replaced with pre-order Tom Kerridge menu
  • Complimentary bottle of water and packaged ambient snack offered to all passengers
Club Europe
  • Band 1 now receives the same service as Express (light breakfast > brunch > lunch > afternoon tea > dinner)
  • Band 2 now receives the same service as Bands 3 and 4 (breakfast > rest of the day)
  • Band 3 should still have a drinks run before serving lunch and dinner
  • No hot towels
  • No menus on Band 3 / Band 4 services
  • Dessert served in ceramic dish rather than plastic pot
  • No starter for Express / Band 1 lunch and dinner services
  • No cheese for Band 3 / Band 4 rest of the day services
  • One fewer sandwich for afternoon tea services
  • One type of (warm) bread roll available, wrapped in sealed plastic, served from a basket
World Traveller
  • No roll/butter served with main meal, cheese and crackers also not provided
  • Inflight snack (previously took the form of a Magnum ice cream) and tuck box suspended - replaced with Walkers shortbread o/r from galley.
World Traveller Plus
  • TBC
Club World
  • No hot towels
  • Meals served on one tray at the same time
  • No choice of starter or dessert
  • Portion sizes have been substantially reduced. Starters, cheese and dessert are all served in mini ramekins
First
  • No hot towels
Print Wikipost

Modified COVID-19 catering, effective 20 January 2021

Search this Thread

Old Jan 23, 2021, 7:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold, SQ Gold, KQ Platinum, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hilton Gold, Marriott Silver, Accor Silver
Originally Posted by Rlbh99
The offer on BA1435 EDI-LHR today (no option). Personally, I found this to be fine, and a second was happily provided on request. Obviously pre-Covid a full English was usually given but a definite improvement nonetheless. Fab crew as well, clearly very happy (or perhaps more relieved) to serve something to be proud of again.
This was a night-stopping aircraft in EDI, so the offering is the half tray rather than normal three-quarter tray. The non-night stopping service is hopefully fuller with perhaps a yogurt and/or fresh fruit side in place of the ambient breakfast bar.
Rlbh99 likes this.

Last edited by Genius1; Jan 23, 2021 at 8:17 am
Old Jan 23, 2021, 7:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold, SQ Gold, KQ Platinum, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hilton Gold, Marriott Silver, Accor Silver
I have started to build out the wiki with key changes from the pre-COVID service in all cabins. Updates appreciated - but only if confirmed through first hand experience or insider knowledge from service standards (not gossip!).
Old Jan 23, 2021, 8:38 am

Programs: BAEC

The offer on BA1435 EDI-LHR today (no option). Personally, I found this to be fine, and a second was happily provided on request. Obviously pre-Covid a full English was usually given but a definite improvement nonetheless. Fab crew as well, clearly very happy (or perhaps more relieved) to serve something to be proud of again.
This is a bit of a disappointment if I’m honest, it’s no different to what was in the bag, just now on a plate (which is arguably worse because you can see how little there is!) You definitely need something else with that, whether it be a roll, fruit or yogurt.
Old Jan 23, 2021, 8:46 am

Programs: BA Gold, KFC 'The Colonel's Club' Palladium tier, Mucci des Visions Célestes du Nord-Pas-de-Calais
Originally Posted by BAeuro
This is a bit of a disappointment if I’m honest, it’s no different to what was in the bag, just now on a plate (which is arguably worse because you can see how little there is!) You definitely need something else with that, whether it be a roll, fruit or yogurt.
So - napkin down, champagne ‘flute’ filled, bone China cup replete with a brew, knife and fork at the ready - all to eat a mini croissant! Seems faintly ridiculous.
Old Jan 23, 2021, 8:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by choosethedrew
So - napkin down, champagne ‘flute’ filled, bone China cup replete with a brew, knife and fork at the ready - all to eat a mini croissant! Seems faintly ridiculous.
A knife and fork is the best thing to eat a croissant with in the era of COVID!
choosethedrew and Neilgcal like this.
Old Jan 23, 2021, 9:06 am

Programs: BA Gold, KFC 'The Colonel's Club' Palladium tier, Mucci des Visions Célestes du Nord-Pas-de-Calais
Originally Posted by Genius1
A knife and fork is the best thing to eat a mini croissant with in the era of COVID!
Fixed that glaring omission
Old Jan 23, 2021, 9:10 am

Programs: BA Executive Club Blue
Originally Posted by BAeuro
According to the service snapshot this should have come with a fruit pot (in disposable packaging rather than a ceramic dish), as well as the cereal bar. These would have been stowed separately so it's possible that the crew missed them.
Genius1 and BAeuro like this.
Old Jan 23, 2021, 9:26 am

Programs: BAEC
Originally Posted by EJetter
According to the service snapshot this should have come with a fruit pot (in disposable packaging rather than a ceramic dish), as well as the cereal bar. These would have been stowed separately so it's possible that the crew missed them.
Ah so probably a blip as they familiarise themselves again.
Old Jan 23, 2021, 11:31 am

Programs: BA Gold, Sixt Platinum
This reminds me of my one guilty pleasure and must have every time I set foot on a Ryanair plane!

Can‘t wait to try this in CE
Old Jan 23, 2021, 6:27 pm
sxc
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: CX Green, QF Platinum, BAEC Silver, Hyatt Glob
Originally Posted by Can I help you
Breasts are an individual thing, I prefer quality to quantity.
The olive oil is in the correct place but should have been poured, the bottle should never be seen in the cabin.
Although I can’t actually see the olive oil bottle in the pictures, I expect that these days crew would not open and pour a bottle due to covid precautions.
Old Jan 24, 2021, 4:44 am

Originally Posted by choosethedrew
Fixed that glaring omission
It’s a full-size croissant. Not a full-size breakfast, agreed, but there’s plenty to accuse them of without needing to stretch facts.
Old Jan 24, 2021, 5:04 am

Programs: AS; BA Silver; UA; HH Gold; Sprüngli Connaisseur

Didn't they used to hand out a croissant like this in a bag in ET back a few years ago?
Old Jan 24, 2021, 5:24 am

Originally Posted by Confus
It’s a full-size croissant. Not a full-size breakfast, agreed, but there’s plenty to accuse them of without needing to stretch facts.
If it’s full sized, my bad. Looking at the size compared to the cereal bar and the amount of plate visible, I erroneously thought it was a mini version.
Old Jan 24, 2021, 5:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by Confus
Based on the nutri grain bar without wrapper being approx 10cm long that croissant is similar length. Not sure what size you consider full size but this does seem small, apparently a traditional French croissant is 21cm
Genius1, choosethedrew and ENTP like this.

Last edited by mikeyfly; Jan 24, 2021 at 5:38 am
Old Jan 24, 2021, 6:11 am

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by mikeyfly
Based on the nutri grain bar without wrapper being approx 10cm long that croissant is similar length. Not sure what size you consider full size but this does seem small, apparently a traditional French croissant is 21cm
From the photo, I would put it at about 1/3 of a seat width - or about 14.3cm ... :-)

(Sorry - I forgot, seat widths are measured in croisants...).
alex67500 likes this.

Last edited by CKBA; Jan 24, 2021 at 6:18 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.