Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Modified COVID-19 catering, effective 20 January 2021

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 22, 2021, 4:50 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Enigma368
Modified COVID-19 catering, effective 20 January 2021 until further notice.
Previous discussion: COVID Friendly Catering Revealed By British Airways

A reduced service has resumed in all cabins, including steel cutlery, glassware and chinaware in premium cabins. Choice may be limited in some cabins and on some routes. Some elements may be delivered covered for safety. All meals apart from First are served on single trays. Portion sizes, particularly in Club World, have been significantly reduced compared to pre-Covid.

On BA CityFlyer full service has resumed, with the exception of hot towels and warmed bread in Club Europe. See dedicated wiki thread for full details.

Details of the current service are available on BA.com

Changes from pre-COVID service:

Euro Traveller
  • Buy-on-board M&S menu replaced with pre-order Tom Kerridge menu
  • Complimentary bottle of water and packaged ambient snack offered to all passengers
Club Europe
  • Band 1 now receives the same service as Express (light breakfast > brunch > lunch > afternoon tea > dinner)
  • Band 2 now receives the same service as Bands 3 and 4 (breakfast > rest of the day)
  • Band 3 should still have a drinks run before serving lunch and dinner
  • No hot towels
  • No menus on Band 3 / Band 4 services
  • Dessert served in ceramic dish rather than plastic pot
  • No starter for Express / Band 1 lunch and dinner services
  • No cheese for Band 3 / Band 4 rest of the day services
  • One fewer sandwich for afternoon tea services
  • One type of (warm) bread roll available, wrapped in sealed plastic, served from a basket
World Traveller
  • No roll/butter served with main meal, cheese and crackers also not provided
  • Inflight snack (previously took the form of a Magnum ice cream) and tuck box suspended - replaced with Walkers shortbread o/r from galley.
World Traveller Plus
  • TBC
Club World
  • No hot towels
  • Meals served on one tray at the same time
  • No choice of starter or dessert
  • Portion sizes have been substantially reduced. Starters, cheese and dessert are all served in mini ramekins
First
  • No hot towels
Print Wikipost

Modified COVID-19 catering, effective 20 January 2021

Search this Thread

Old Jun 13, 2021, 12:43 pm
Fontaine d'honneur du Flyertalk

Programs: Reine des Muccis de Pucci; Foreign Elitist (according to others)
Originally Posted by efincomputer
Angel Delight is still called the same (either that, or our local Tesco has some REALLY old stock - not that it's out of the realms of possibility)! Of course, none are as delightful an angel as your own good self :-).
Oh My! You have me agog with the flutters! I think I had better fulfil my title as given me by the Reine de Flyertalk and a Fontaine d'Honneurs make you a Mucci. The fool who believes that flattery gets you nowhere is a bigger fool that whoever thought up that stupid adage.

Now in my larder I keep packet of Chocolate Angel Delight and in my freezer I keep Cadbury's Flakes. I make the mix and I break lumps of Flake into it - my Spanish friends adore it as does my husband. These may be nursery foods but then anyone who is fanatic about rugby is probably still making the transition to solid food.

To keep this thread remotely on track I mourn the loss of the cheese as BA did serve delicious cheese. I am a cheeseaholic - yes I admit that. I will ask - are they serving these same splits of red? There was a Malbeck and the most awful Italian red that I have ever drunk - and I love Italian wines (possibly more than French). Why they are serving these "black" wines which are so full of tanin is beyond me - but maybe everyone else but me likes them.?
efincomputer likes this.
Old Jun 13, 2021, 12:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Falkirk, Scotland,VS Red, BA Gold, HH Diamond,UK Amex Plat
Programs: Master of the Privy Purse des Muccis
Originally Posted by TTmex
Going to guess the person serving was a lefty and placed these as such, almost as if they were the one dining

That is just weird!

I'm left handed but have always used cutlery in the conventional way

Regards

TBS
TTmex likes this.
Old Jun 13, 2021, 12:46 pm
Fontaine d'honneur du Flyertalk

Programs: Reine des Muccis de Pucci; Foreign Elitist (according to others)
Originally Posted by Reetmafreen
They seem to have also modified the rules for placement of the cutlery.

F starter from last week. I was in a K seat, so the image isn’t mirrored. CIHY will look upon this with disdain! 😪

No really -- what are they teaching them these days? It's like a mirror image of that it should be.
SxMan likes this.
Old Jun 13, 2021, 1:46 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver
Finally decided to leave my area for the first time since September last year to do a quick trip to Manchester and back in Club Europe. Was on BA1404 on Saturday and BA1391 today. A bit surprised that there were two meal choices on this short sector in Club (I don't recall being offered a choice last February when I flew this route last)

BA1404 had a "veggie" and "non-veggie" options. The non-veggie option:

BA1391 had a ploughmans lunch (if i heard correctly) or a salad option that I can't remember the name of.
The ploughmans lunch:
Jed, Genius1, IAMORGAN and 1 others like this.
Old Jun 13, 2021, 1:47 pm

Programs: Chevalier de la Gallentrie - Knight of the Platinum Hair Brush, BA Gold, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by PUCCI GALORE
Oh My! You have me agog with the flutters! I think I had better fulfil my title as given me by the Reine de Flyertalk and a Fontaine d'Honneurs make you a Mucci...
Why madam, you do me a great honour! All this on top of making Silver this week (for the first time in 20 years), and hitting my 1000th post - a red letter weekend indeed (but clearly, being conferred the title of Mucci is at the top of that list!).
Old Jun 13, 2021, 1:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci des Hommes Magiques et Magnifiques
Originally Posted by Reetmafreen
They seem to have also modified the rules for placement of the cutlery.

F starter from last week. I was in a K seat, so the image isn’t mirrored. CIHY will look upon this with disdain! 😪

Do I really have to say how disgusted I am at that a crew member would make this mistake?
Old Jun 14, 2021, 5:19 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Brunch today from Belfast. It was either this roasted butternut squash on wild rice or the ploughman’s.

Genius1, aks120 and TTmex like this.
Old Jun 14, 2021, 8:54 am

Programs: BA Gold
Flew LHR-GIB yesterday morning and was a little disappointed with the "full English". When did the bacon get enhanced away?

On the other hand, the ham & cheese croissant on MAN-LHR the previous morning was rather generously filled.

Last edited by kdhurst380; Jun 14, 2021 at 9:27 am
Old Jun 14, 2021, 11:46 am

Programs: Chevalier de la Gallentrie - Knight of the Platinum Hair Brush, BA Gold, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by KARFA
Brunch today from Belfast. It was either this roasted butternut squash on wild rice or the ploughman’s.

That actually looks quite nice - how was it? I thought for a moment those were chunks of Chicken Tikka, or something similar.
ENTP likes this.
Old Jun 14, 2021, 12:55 pm
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by efincomputer
That actually looks quite nice - how was it? I thought for a moment those were chunks of Chicken Tikka, or something similar.
it was fairly tasty, would have it again if offered. i am desperate to steer clear of the meats and cheese plate which i had a run of having several times over the last few weeks.
efincomputer likes this.
Old Jun 14, 2021, 5:09 pm

Programs: British Airways GGL/CCR, Hilton Diamond & Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by kdhurst380
Flew LHR-GIB yesterday morning and was a little disappointed with the "full English". When did the bacon get enhanced away?

On the other hand, the ham & cheese croissant on MAN-LHR the previous morning was rather generously filled.
Not sure it qualifies as a "Full English" if no Bacon.....
kdhurst380 likes this.
Old Jun 16, 2021, 11:49 am

Programs: DL FO, BA Bronze, Avis Preferred
Originally Posted by PGberkshire
Not sure it qualifies as a "Full English" if no Bacon.....
"I'd like the Partial English, please."
Old Jun 18, 2021, 5:04 am

Programs: A3*G,BA Silver

London to Glasgow. For more info please check https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/33255072-post1.html
Genius1 likes this.
Old Jun 18, 2021, 6:02 am
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club, easyJet and Ryanair

Programs: BA Gold (GGL/CCR)
Originally Posted by ermis177
London to Glasgow. …
If you book an economy ticket, then it’s no surprise you received the economy service. At least BA have kept their promise to upgrade its short haul economy product by providing free refreshments for those who chose to travel down the back.
volar and TTmex like this.
Old Jun 18, 2021, 6:46 am

Programs: BAEC Gold / Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by Tobias-UK
If you book an economy ticket, then it’s no surprise you received the economy service. At least BA have kept their promise to upgrade its short haul economy product by providing free refreshments for those who chose to travel down the back.
Yep. Some people will complain no matter what BA do. BA could provide free alcoholic drinks in economy and "it would be the wrong beer" or the "wrong crisps". BA brought in BoB years ago yet people still grumbling. There's always easyJet...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.