Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Modified COVID-19 catering, effective 20 January 2021

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 22, 2021, 4:50 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Enigma368
Modified COVID-19 catering, effective 20 January 2021 until further notice.
Previous discussion: COVID Friendly Catering Revealed By British Airways

A reduced service has resumed in all cabins, including steel cutlery, glassware and chinaware in premium cabins. Choice may be limited in some cabins and on some routes. Some elements may be delivered covered for safety. All meals apart from First are served on single trays. Portion sizes, particularly in Club World, have been significantly reduced compared to pre-Covid.

On BA CityFlyer full service has resumed, with the exception of hot towels and warmed bread in Club Europe. See dedicated wiki thread for full details.

Details of the current service are available on BA.com

Changes from pre-COVID service:

Euro Traveller
  • Buy-on-board M&S menu replaced with pre-order Tom Kerridge menu
  • Complimentary bottle of water and packaged ambient snack offered to all passengers
Club Europe
  • Band 1 now receives the same service as Express (light breakfast > brunch > lunch > afternoon tea > dinner)
  • Band 2 now receives the same service as Bands 3 and 4 (breakfast > rest of the day)
  • Band 3 should still have a drinks run before serving lunch and dinner
  • No hot towels
  • No menus on Band 3 / Band 4 services
  • Dessert served in ceramic dish rather than plastic pot
  • No starter for Express / Band 1 lunch and dinner services
  • No cheese for Band 3 / Band 4 rest of the day services
  • One fewer sandwich for afternoon tea services
  • One type of (warm) bread roll available, wrapped in sealed plastic, served from a basket
World Traveller
  • No roll/butter served with main meal, cheese and crackers also not provided
  • Inflight snack (previously took the form of a Magnum ice cream) and tuck box suspended - replaced with Walkers shortbread o/r from galley.
World Traveller Plus
  • TBC
Club World
  • No hot towels
  • Meals served on one tray at the same time
  • No choice of starter or dessert
  • Portion sizes have been substantially reduced. Starters, cheese and dessert are all served in mini ramekins
First
  • No hot towels
Print Wikipost

Modified COVID-19 catering, effective 20 January 2021

Search this Thread

Old Apr 2, 2021, 1:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci des Hommes Magiques et Magnifiques
KSMLs normally offer far more food than needed, if you like plenty of food you may like it, personally I like less food.
KARFA, tedcruz and SxMan like this.

Last edited by Can I help you; Apr 2, 2021 at 3:55 pm
Old Apr 2, 2021, 1:57 pm
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by tedcruz

The meal @KARFA had was the Passover one. This is the one I got a few weeks ago on LHR-NCL.
i recognise this one from pre Covid flights, have had this one before
ENTP and tedcruz like this.
Old Apr 2, 2021, 4:17 pm

Hello all! Any idea what's on the menu for CW at the moment? I remember there used to be a thread about what was being served each month, but I think in these COVID times thats fallen by the wayside. I'm LHR-MEX for work next week and curious to know what I have in store for a 12 hour day flight!
Old Apr 2, 2021, 7:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite Plus,BAEC GGL,ITA Executive, AFKL Gold,QR Gold,HH Diamond,Bonvoy Gold,ALL Gold
Originally Posted by enemigo
Hello all! Any idea what's on the menu for CW at the moment? I remember there used to be a thread about what was being served each month, but I think in these COVID times thats fallen by the wayside. I'm LHR-MEX for work next week and curious to know what I have in store for a 12 hour day flight!
With UK based members not able to fly abroad except for essential purposes ( which provided the majority number of posts in catering threads ), I don't think we could have an effective database about what was being served each month on which route.

However, I wish we have some FT members that has flown LHR-MEX on CW since 1 March so they could provide you the menu.
Old Apr 9, 2021, 12:45 pm

Current MAN-LHR breakfast, warm ham & cheese croissant, the alternative is cheese & tomato. This is a nightsopper hence the oat bar.

Oddly there is no kosher meal in the special meals list for these morning flights?

Genius1, chrism20 and aks120 like this.
Old Apr 9, 2021, 3:31 pm

Originally Posted by KARFA
Current MAN-LHR breakfast, warm ham & cheese croissant, the alternative is cheese & tomato. This is a nightsopper hence the oat bar.

Oddly there is no kosher meal in the special meals list for these morning flights?

The trays are stored in a trolley, and the fruit and croissants are stored seperately in chilled boxes, and the various bits are assembled by the crew when they get on the aircraft in the morning. Kosher meals come pre packaged from Hermioulis, and the sealed trays wouldn't fit in the chilled boxes. So Kosher meals, as far as I'm aware aren't available on any short haul nightstopping flight.. Hope that made sense! I'm not sure I explained it particularly well!
KARFA likes this.
Old Apr 10, 2021, 1:49 am

Originally Posted by bwaflyer
The trays are stored in a trolley, and the fruit and croissants are stored seperately in chilled boxes, and the various bits are assembled by the crew when they get on the aircraft in the morning. Kosher meals come pre packaged from Hermioulis, and the sealed trays wouldn't fit in the chilled boxes. So Kosher meals, as far as I'm aware aren't available on any short haul nightstopping flight.. Hope that made sense! I'm not sure I explained it particularly well!
Aha, thanks bwaflyer, this makes sense. I was puzzled why other special meals were showing as available but not the kosher. I have had kosher breakfasts before on express band routes, but not on a nightstopper.
Old Apr 10, 2021, 3:49 pm

On longer flights I usually like to have more than one coffee. So if I preorder 2 or 3 would it be delivered all at once or is there some way to ask for the later?
Old Apr 10, 2021, 5:20 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold / Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by ISTFlyer
With UK based members not able to fly abroad except for essential purposes ( which provided the majority number of posts in catering threads ), I don't think we could have an effective database about what was being served each month on which route.

However, I wish we have some FT members that has flown LHR-MEX on CW since 1 March so they could provide you the menu.
The LHR to MEX menu seems on par with the normal. People I know who have gone the other way said food service was normal in terms of quantity but sub par in terms of quality.
Old Apr 14, 2021, 1:57 pm

Originally Posted by flyslow
On longer flights I usually like to have more than one coffee. So if I preorder 2 or 3 would it be delivered all at once or is there some way to ask for the later?
Have a quick word with the crew at the back when you board. They may assume that you've ordered coffee for you and your travel companions and want them all at once. Don't wait until after take off as they may have already started to prepare them, especially on a short flight!
flyslow likes this.
Old Apr 17, 2021, 9:44 am

Another KSML afternoon tea to MAN. Kosher special meals are definitely the way to go - once you have gotten all the packaging off!

Old Apr 17, 2021, 12:43 pm

Another KSML afternoon tea to MAN. Kosher special meals are definitely the way to go - once you have gotten all the packaging off!
And disposed of the devil's family jewels! (Olives and pickle/gherkin!)

rb211.
Old Apr 17, 2021, 1:47 pm

Programs: British Airways GGL/CCR, Hilton Diamond & Marriott Gold

Yum
any details on what the filings are?
Old Apr 17, 2021, 1:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci des Hommes Magiques et Magnifiques
At a guess fish.
ianwall, KARFA and george77300 like this.
Old Apr 19, 2021, 12:39 am

Programs: BAEC - Gold
Tried the Speedbird cafe last week, admittedly on a short MAN-LHR-MAN trip.

On the way down, they’d loaded the wrong soft drinks. The crew fetched some from club. Other than that, it was excellent. Plenty of Mr and Mrs TFC etc.

On the way back, nothing was loaded, suggested I complain when we landed. Did get given a little bottle of fizz from club to share between the two of us (!). Nothing personal at all.

I’ve emailed the address that comes in the pre-order email, requested a refund and pointed out it doesn’t fill me with confidence to rely on the service for something like food on a much longer flight.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.