Old Jan 24, 21, 9:52 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Oxon Flyer
Print Wikipost

BA announces Avios partnership with Nectar

Old Jan 21, 22, 1:49 pm

Programs: BA Gold, Accor Platinum, IHG Diamond
Originally Posted by Confus View Post
They’re definitely trying to wean me off offers. After regularly seeing 24 decent offers a week last year (and averaging 20 pts per Ł spent) they now consistently alternate me… one good week, one bad week. So I just don’t go in the bad weeks. They can try to wean me off, but I’ll be one step ahead of them Thankfully I also have Waitrose and Lidl within walking distance so it’s easy enough.
I’ve tried ‘boycotting’ them in the poor offer weeks by using my girlfriends nectar card, but it doesn’t seem to make a blind bit of difference. Last week the offers were derisory and I shopped as normal, yet today they want to shower me with points!

Also, if you’re buying something you’ve never bought before, only buy 1 of the item, as it seems the following week they’ll offer you bonus points on said item.
Old Jan 22, 22, 7:49 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, Flying Blue Platinum; Hilton Gold, IHG Spire, Marriott Titanium, Wyndham Diamond
Originally Posted by cameramaker View Post
I’ve tried ‘boycotting’ them in the poor offer weeks by using my girlfriends nectar card, but it doesn’t seem to make a blind bit of difference. Last week the offers were derisory and I shopped as normal, yet today they want to shower me with points!

Also, if you’re buying something you’ve never bought before, only buy 1 of the item, as it seems the following week they’ll offer you bonus points on said item.
Yeah, this is a bit ridiculous when it's something like a roll of bin bags. I'm not producing that much rubbish!

How long has it been taking for Avios -> Nectar transfers? Did one last week and they're still not through.
Old Jan 22, 22, 11:02 am

Now only 5 nectar points each day from the code on the back of the mail
Old Jan 22, 22, 11:10 am

Programs: BAEC GGL, IHG Diamond Ambassador, HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by mwp1 View Post
Noticed that today when I got 5 points instead of 10. Then read the bit about it.
Not going out of my way at weekends now to acquire the papers for the codes.

Anyway, after 2 or 3 weeks of 60-80 points, got 900+ this week, mostly on items I buy, and those items were on the shelves for a change. A couple had the "my Nectar prices" as well.
Old Jan 22, 22, 11:21 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, Mucci recipient
Originally Posted by mwp1 View Post
That's the standard amount Monday to Friday. You get 10 points for a Saturday paper and 15 points for the Sunday paper.
Old Jan 22, 22, 11:27 am

Originally Posted by AJA_ View Post
That's the standard amount Monday to Friday. You get 10 points for a Saturday paper and 15 points for the Sunday paper.
It's 5 points every day now.
Some mention of a 20 points bonus that could be if you enter 7 codes?
Old Jan 22, 22, 4:32 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver, IHG Platinum Elite
Originally Posted by Mordac View Post
How long has it been taking for Avios -> Nectar transfers? Did one last week and they're still not through.
It does take a while. Something like 10 working days.
Mordac likes this.
Old Jan 22, 22, 4:50 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver, Mucci recipient
Originally Posted by xenole View Post
It's 5 points every day now.
Some mention of a 20 points bonus that could be if you enter 7 codes?
Thanks, I didn't know that. I guess the DM has realised it is paying out too many NP. The website does say if you have a subscription to the physical paper everyday the 35NP will be doubled so you can get a maximum of 70NP. As I don't that means I won't be going out of my way to get the paper. Oh well.
Old Jan 23, 22, 3:26 am

Programs: BAEC GGL/CR; Hilton Diamond; Mucci des Puccis
I get the Mail if I spend Ł10 in Waitrose, it's really not worth it otherwise, though there was a survey a few weeks ago which provided a few extra points, or will if they ever get credited. From the number of times I get a "code already used" it would appear some dedicated points collectors have another method.
Old Jan 25, 22, 9:06 pm

Latest things on my app are the chance to win one of 350 prizes from 2500 to 50k Avios if you auto-convert at least 400 Nectar points to Avios between Feb and May.

Also 2x points on your shopping until the 28th Feb when you sign up to auto-convert (May have to keep this in place for at least a further 28 days?)

I usually convert once a month anyway, so it's no problem for me (although this might be a weekly conversion, and subject to some limits).

Last edited by xenole; Jan 25, 22 at 9:36 pm
Old Jan 26, 22, 2:29 pm

Programs: BAEC (Silver) , IHG
Originally Posted by xenole View Post
Latest things on my app are the chance to win one of 350 prizes from 2500 to 50k Avios if you auto-convert at least 400 Nectar points to Avios between Feb and May.
when I click on the link to Visit Website, I get Offer Inactive
Old Jan 26, 22, 4:18 pm

Programs: BAEC Bronze, Honors Diamond
Originally Posted by Delboy65 View Post
when I click on the link to Visit Website, I get Offer Inactive
Me too but have saved it and the link from the 2x points offer worked to take me to the BA page.
Old Jan 26, 22, 4:47 pm

So the start of Jan 2022 to date I’ve had 3500 avios credited for about Ł60 spend all of items I would buy regularly , not a bad haul 😁
Old Jan 30, 22, 1:33 pm

Programs: BAEC (Silver) , IHG
Originally Posted by lcylocal View Post
Me too but have saved it and the link from the 2x points offer worked to take me to the BA page.
my guess is the 1st Offer is informing of the prize draw, but you have to go to the Double Points offer to do the conversion

also, the terms say min 400 a month, but isnt the auto conversion only weekly at a min of 400??
- I didn't get an option to only move an amount on monthly basis
Old Jan 30, 22, 3:58 pm

I'm back to my usual 10 or 20 points, 70-80 total, this week.
Do have an offer for 3x points in store, which I won't use as it expires on Thursday and my next offers come in on Friday. Expecting 70 points total once again, and the following week.

Search this Thread