Old Jan 24, 2021, 8:52 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Oxon Flyer
Print Wikipost

BA announces Avios partnership with Nectar

Old Jul 22, 2021, 8:47 am

Programs: IHG, BA
Originally Posted by Akoz
Has anyone had the points from this promotion yet?

The T&Cs are a bit sketchy on when point would be awarded. The promotion closed on the 21st July and the draw for the £600 voucher is in the first week of Aug. Just wondering how long I should wait before firing up the live chat to ask for the points.
I just asked Live chat and they advised to wait 28 days for points to post, so check back on 19th August.
Old Jul 30, 2021, 8:43 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, IHG Platinum Elite
A few times in the last few weeks some of my Nectar App Sainsburys bonus offers have stayed in the "saved" section in the APP after buying the items. The points have credited but the offer remains and if I buy these items again I get the points again. Has anyone else seen this?

For example, this week;
800g strawberries @ £3 & gives 160 bonus points (and I have bought this twice so far, points credited each time and still in the app).
Old Jul 30, 2021, 9:55 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, IHG Diamond
I've got a few items that aren't on the shelves. Quite a few gaps in my local Sainsbury, so much so that my local corner shop has a better selection at present! Worst supermarket going for stock at the moment.

Getting on average 400-600 points a week. Sold a couple of things on eBay, so might get 300 points for each of those as per some Nectar promo. Not holding my breath though.
Did buy a couple of Transpennine Express tickets that had 7x Nectar points on them, but only got 2x.
Old Jul 30, 2021, 10:52 am

Originally Posted by xenole
I've got a few items that aren't on the shelves. Quite a few gaps in my local Sainsbury, so much so that my local corner shop has a better selection at present! Worst supermarket going for stock at the moment.

Getting on average 400-600 points a week. Sold a couple of things on eBay, so might get 300 points for each of those as per some Nectar promo. Not holding my breath though.
Did buy a couple of Transpennine Express tickets that had 7x Nectar points on them, but only got 2x.
All sainsbury's around here have little stock. The manager is blaiming the lorry driver shortage.
Not helped by the DVLA who have been on strike since april and the 8 month cancellation of driver tests last year.
Old Jul 30, 2021, 12:32 pm

Programs: BA GGL, British Midland Lifetime* Loser
Originally Posted by xenole
Worst supermarket going for stock at the moment

It was the worst supermarket for stock before recent supply issues. Now it's just ridiculous. Since the Avios/Nectar partnership began I have struggled to find bonus offer items in any store of any format in any place. One of the offers I got was for a wine that was no longer stocked at all.

A few times in the last few weeks some of my Nectar App Sainsburys bonus offers have stayed in the "saved" section in the APP after buying the items. The points have credited
I've had the other outcome, where the offer item is still in the app because the puchase doesn't seem to have triggered the bonus. Sometimes Sainsbury's has agreed to credit the bonus (after making me email a screengrab of the receipt...) other times it has been 'sorry, bad luck'.
Old Jul 30, 2021, 12:40 pm

Just had some ad pop up on Facebook that says you can swap 300 Nectar points for 5p off per litre of Esso fuel. Not sure if worth it to someone?
Old Aug 2, 2021, 2:37 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, IHG Spire Ambassador, Hilton Diamond, Starbucks Gold
A note of caution to those who are linking / unlinking accounts to move Avios to Nectar from various accounts. My sister had 6,000 Avios from a one-off CW flight that she had no use for and was happy to donate them to me. Having made the transfer I have tried to return my linked BA account to my own and received the message; "Oops, we can't complete this link request because you've already linked and unlinked that Nectar card up to the maximum of 4 times".

I will ask the Twitter team and come back to all.
Old Aug 2, 2021, 2:41 am

Originally Posted by HarryHolden68
A note of caution to those who are linking / unlinking accounts to move Avios to Nectar from various accounts. My sister had 6,000 Avios from a one-off CW flight that she had no use for and was happy to donate them to me. Having made the transfer I have tried to return my linked BA account to my own and received the message; "Oops, we can't complete this link request because you've already linked and unlinked that Nectar card up to the maximum of 4 times".

I will ask the Twitter team and come back to all.
From memory there was something in the T&Cs that limits the number of changes in a given time period. You may need the wait 6-12 months.
Old Aug 2, 2021, 6:29 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, IHG Spire Ambassador, Hilton Diamond, Starbucks Gold
From memory there was something in the T&Cs that limits the number of changes in a given time period. You may need the wait 6-12 months.
Yes. Twitter team has confirmed it is 4 times in a year. Will not reset until 1st January and there are no exceptions. Well not for me anyway.
I will be stressing that monthly cap in Q1 I expect.
Old Aug 10, 2021, 2:15 am

Programs: IHG, BA
The 1000 points from the Esso quiz posted today, makes a change from having to follow up on it.
Old Aug 10, 2021, 6:34 am

Originally Posted by United_Flyer3
The 1000 points from the Esso quiz posted today, makes a change from having to follow up on it.
Nothing for me. Think I did it, but not 100% sure (which is possibly the intention)
Old Aug 11, 2021, 12:54 am

Originally Posted by United_Flyer3
Same here
Old Sep 28, 2021, 2:33 am

Programs: BAEC, VS Flying Club
No new bonus points offers this week, replaced by “My Nectar Price” discounts on selected products - presumably in response to Tesco’s Clubcard Prices.

So it seems the days of my 1,000+ point shops are over. Oh well, they were good while they lasted.
Old Sep 28, 2021, 2:59 am

I got my usual offers for bonus points, although 2hrs or so later than usual.
Waited for them and managed to combine a couple with the "My Nectar Price" thing.

300 and 500 bonus points from eBay as well, and 660 or so out of the blue from some train company.

Nothing from Esso.
Old Sep 28, 2021, 3:52 am

Programs: Mucci Chevalier de Actes Bénéfiques pour les Autres, BAEC Gold.
All of my 'My Nectar Prices' offers are for using 'smartshop' only - those handheld scanner things (or mobile phone app) in the shops.

As I get my shopping dleivered, they are of absolutely no use to me.

A good job I still get the bonus nectar offers which came through this morning. .

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.