Zero
Zilch
Nothing
Apparently I was unlucky this time

Not even a measly 10 points 😞
ENTP likes this.
Old Apr 6, 2021, 1:20 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AA, BA, Accor, Honors Diamond, IHG Diamond Elite and lots more....
I have half a dozen bonus points on items such as donuts and a TV magazine which I would never purchase.
Old Apr 6, 2021, 1:21 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AA, BA, Accor, Honors Diamond, IHG Diamond Elite and lots more....
Not really sure if we should be converting from Avios to Nectar each month or vice versa.

All very confusing.
Old Apr 6, 2021, 1:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Nothing, nowhere!
Has anyone signed up to Nectar Canvass yet? It looks like free points but don't want to get on board with another survey panel if it doesn't hand out points regularly.
Old Apr 6, 2021, 1:51 pm

Originally Posted by USA_flyer
Has anyone signed up to Nectar Canvass yet? It looks like free points but don't want to get on board with another survey panel if it doesn't hand out points regularly.
Pretty sure its operated by Dynata/e-rewards IIRC. I signed up years ago as there was a joining bonus. Done a couple of surveys but didn't think the number of points was worth it for the time tbh
Old Apr 6, 2021, 1:56 pm
BOH

Programs: IC Hotels Spire, BA Gold
Yes I have, got 50 points for about 5 minutes work when I had nothing to do and was waiting for my daughter to be ready to pop out.
Old Apr 6, 2021, 3:02 pm

Programs: BA Gold
Must have been screened out of about 20 surveys after wasting time starting them. Have given up now.
Old Apr 6, 2021, 3:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Nothing, nowhere!
Originally Posted by bluemoon68
Must have been screened out of about 20 surveys after wasting time starting them. Have given up now.
Yeah. That really irritates me and would totally put me off engaging. I do the Ipsos surveys on my phone and even if they dump you out there's a few points to be had.
Old Apr 6, 2021, 3:36 pm

Originally Posted by chrism20
Got a bit excited this morning when I heard the till spit printer churning something out and was hoping for a petrol voucher as the car was about empty.

The excitement was short lived when I realised it was a voucher advertising cucumbers at 43p and that they are brand matched to Aldi.
At least you got a coupon. I heard the printer printing and the printer light flickering...nothing appeared. The till staff had not noticed the coupon roll had run out and had not reloaded a fresh roll. All there was was a soggy, dripping inky end of roll that must have been there for days. That's the third time that's happened since I have resumed shopping at Sainsbury's.
chrism20 likes this.
Old Apr 6, 2021, 5:02 pm

Programs: BAEC
I have a household BA Exec Club account with myself, my wife and our 3 kids, and between us we have around 230k Avios. For a number of reasons, I’ve decided to transfer these to Nectar. So I phoned the BA number today to convert some Avios - after a long wait, I got through and was told that I could only transfer 50k Avios per month etc etc but that an online option is “under maintenance” and will be available again soon. What was bizarre is that to move Avios from the other 4 accounts within our Household set up, I need to manually unlink my BA Exec Club account from my Nectar account and then re-link my Nectar card account with another one of the BA Exec Club accounts in my household......and do this process 4 times to cover all of our accounts and then manually request the transfer by phone each time until the online facility is restored and then, of course, be subject to the max 50k Avios that are allowed to be transferred in any month’s period. Talk about a faff! I know BA’s IT is the stuff of nightmares but it’s incredible that such a new and high profile partnership can be introduced with shonky processes that have seemingly been designed with no thought for the customer experience. I suspect that a key part of it is the hope that by putting barriers in people’s way, customers will give up and millions of Avios will expire or go unused. Out of principle, I won’t let them beat me into submission and I’ll play the game by jumping through the various hoops to ensure this doesn’t happen to me. But I’m sure many will give up along the way due to the torturous experience.....
Old Apr 6, 2021, 5:58 pm

50k a month is a bit rough. But I think the other stuff, including the “maintenance” is probably just fraud protection. Hope they get the 2Step Verification sorted soon.
Old Apr 6, 2021, 9:35 pm

Programs: BAEC. Gold
Originally Posted by Lumpster
I have a household BA Exec Club account with myself, my wife and our 3 kids, and between us we have around 230k Avios. For a number of reasons, I’ve decided to transfer these to Nectar. So I phoned the BA number today to convert some Avios - after a long wait, I got through and was told that I could only transfer 50k Avios per month etc etc.....
That sounds an absolute nightmare for you to change, but....

50k in Avios into Nectar is worth £400

230k Avios is £1,840

It's a lot of money and can easily be turned into cash by paying for the weekly shop or by buying stuff in Argos.

It's a real complicated calculation
By paying for shopping with nectar points, you don't earn nectar points on the purchase, which I presume includes the bonus point offers through the app.

You won't earn anything (Avios, Nectar, cashback) if you usually pay by a particular creditcard.

However each individual is different and (as has been mentioned up thread) depends how you would normally use your Avios and at what value. 🤔
Old Apr 7, 2021, 12:20 am

I had a strange one on Friday. 14 offers of about 500 points, all things we use so bought those. As I walked out of the shop my phone beeped, with 6 more offers for another 300 points, including 200 for a medium chicken. Mrs rapidex and Miss rapidex got 300 each so a bumper week for offers. Miss rapidex got a 40 point scratch to boot, but the rest of us have been chugging along with 15 and 20's.
lavar56 and Fatdickie like this.
Old Apr 7, 2021, 2:20 am

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by Fatdickie
That sounds an absolute nightmare for you to change, but....

50k in Avios into Nectar is worth £400

230k Avios is £1,840

It's a lot of money and can easily be turned into cash by paying for the weekly shop or by buying stuff in Argos.

It's a real complicated calculation
By paying for shopping with nectar points, you don't earn nectar points on the purchase, which I presume includes the bonus point offers through the app.

You won't earn anything (Avios, Nectar, cashback) if you usually pay by a particular creditcard.

However each individual is different and (as has been mentioned up thread) depends how you would normally use your Avios and at what value. 🤔
You still get the bonus point offers, but not the base points on spend.
Fatdickie likes this.
Old Apr 7, 2021, 3:47 am

Looks like only spending £15 over the last fortnight has managed to shake off the 10 & 20 points offers.

My new offers this week are 50 for baby potatoes, 60 for free from cookies, 30 for 2L still water, 60 for Bistro salad, 50 for tzatziki and 50 for three bean soup.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.