Search
Old Jan 24, 2021, 8:52 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Oxon Flyer
Print Wikipost

BA announces Avios partnership with Nectar

Search this Thread

Old Mar 2, 2021, 4:12 am

Programs: BA Plastic. HH Diamond. Speedwell Bar Lifetime Platinum.
A total of 300 bonus points on offer this week. Quite a remarkable cut back from the last few weeks.
Old Mar 2, 2021, 4:35 am

Programs: BAEC, VS Flying Club
Originally Posted by BlueThroughCrimp
A total of 300 bonus points on offer this week. Quite a remarkable cut back from the last few weeks.
Me too. With a couple of exceptions, most of mine were 10s and 20s rather than the 150s and 200s I’d become accustomed to. I can’t help suspecting it’s not a coincidence, coming so soon after the BA tie-up launched.
Old Mar 2, 2021, 4:41 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, IHG Spire Ambassador, Hilton Diamond, Starbucks Gold
Originally Posted by BlueThroughCrimp
Ditto. 18 vouchers of 10 and 20 points after earning 1100 bonus points last week. I take it the algorithm is figuring out how daft Avios collectors can be.
Old Mar 2, 2021, 5:48 am

Programs: Mucci, BAEC, Eurostar
There's also a cyclical end-of-the-month topic to keep in mind, pubs and bars notice a dip in drinkers in the last week of the month, most likely due to people struggling to make ends meet. I wouldn't be surprised if supermarkets saw the same type of cycle. Maybe better offers will come back in 4 weeks.
Old Mar 2, 2021, 7:00 am
Community Director

Programs: A3*G, BA Gold, BD Gold (in memoriam), IHG Diamond Ambassador
Originally Posted by Tilly71
It looks like my BA account has been temporarily locked due to me converting too many times to Nectar. It's got to be that as there as no other activity on my account.
How long do BA take to unlock accounts after security issues raised as its been over two weeks now?
I have tried Twitter and called up but getting no where fast.
The audit department is entirely separate to pretty much every other, and you won’t get anywhere by calling, Tweeting or trying a Facebook message.

When they are ready they will contact you to ask for observations if suspicions remain, or your account will suddenly return to normal if they conclude no wrong-doing. Presumably your transfers were from multiple Nectar accounts into your BA account to obtain the bonus, rather than multiple transfers from one account (in which case logically why wouldn’t you just do it once?).

If the former you can see why that might well prompt an investigation, and doubtless you won’t be the only one whose account is suspended for this. That means it could take some time yet given each account will be checked individually.
Old Mar 2, 2021, 7:30 am

Looks like the spending limit for using Nectar points with Argos/Habitat has been updated, you can now spend up to 100,000 points (£500) in one transaction online or instore.
Old Mar 2, 2021, 11:40 am

Programs: BA GGL for a little while longer
Originally Posted by beergut
Looks like the spending limit for using Nectar points with Argos/Habitat has been updated, you can now spend up to 100,000 points (£500) in one transaction online or instore.
Hooray, Mr OTH will be on the iPhone hunt when he gets in later
Old Mar 2, 2021, 1:18 pm

The nectar website is going down at 23:00 until 06:00 for maintenance.
yellow_peril likes this.
Old Mar 3, 2021, 4:25 am

Originally Posted by GumshoeW12
Me too. With a couple of exceptions, most of mine were 10s and 20s rather than the 150s and 200s I’d become accustomed to. I can’t help suspecting it’s not a coincidence, coming so soon after the BA tie-up launched.
I have a slightly different theory, based on observations using the app over the last year. I find if I go too frequently, the quality of the offers drops. But if I have a week or two off (and they think I’m using a competitor...) they come back again. The best was when I somehow managed to convince Sainsbury’s I was shopping in Waitrose, then vice-versa, and I got loads of offers and vouchers from both for a month or two.

Did anyone read the privacy policy when linking Nectar with Avios? You agreed that AGL can tell Sainsbury’s all about any upcoming flights you’re taking. So if there’s a gap in your shopping, they can see whether it’s because you’re away or (logically) shopping elsewhere, and therefore decide whether they need to spend on offers to tempt you back. Clever, right?

It’s all about what is called in marketing-speak the ‘customer lifecycle’... in other words, moving someone strategically over time from ‘onboarding’ to ‘fiercely loyal’ at the best cost-benefit ratio. Plenty online if you want to read up, it’ll give you a great insight into why marketing works the way it does.
MarcD and mikeyfly like this.
Old Mar 3, 2021, 5:04 am

When shopping last weekend, at checkout I received a 'Juicy Points Boost' coupon. To claim the points it asked me download the Nectar App, or head over to the App if you already have it, to use the 'Juicy Boost Pod'. There's no sign off such a 'pod' on my App. Anyone else had a similar invitation, or knows how to access the boost? This week's offers are disappointing so wouldn't mind the extra points!

(My App was downloaded onto a Samsung device, btw, via Playstore. I'm not sure if the Appstore / Apple version is different)
Old Mar 3, 2021, 5:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold
Confus note confirms my belief. I've been using the bonus points for months, when I skip Sainsburys for a week to two, the offers come in far more generous. Also if there's two of you in a household with two different Nectar accounts, give one a rest for 3/4 weeks and concentrate on the other.
Old Mar 3, 2021, 6:28 am

I needed to buy some dog food this morning. Predictably I got a till spit for pet insurance.
I will watch out when I book my ticket for the next do, and see if I get an offer on champagne.
Old Mar 3, 2021, 6:56 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, IHG Diamond
Already taken out pet insurance.

Two weeks now I've had raspberries in my offers and not a single packet in store, so 210 points lost there

Seems to be quite a few stock issues with fruit and veg for Sainsbury (same last year, well before Brexit).
Everywhere else seems fine.

No till spits again today, although did get 5 points from a code on the back of the Daily Mail, and 15 points from the in-app scratchcard thing as I earned no bonus points so got that instead.
Old Mar 3, 2021, 8:12 am

Programs: BA Gold
Rookie question from a disgruntled Tesco oldie - can you order more than one of the same items to score the bonus nectar points multiple times or is it one item per bonus offer?
Old Mar 3, 2021, 8:24 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, IHG Diamond
Originally Posted by philco
Rookie question from a disgruntled Tesco oldie - can you order more than one of the same items to score the bonus nectar points multiple times or is it one item per bonus offer?
Bonus points are on a single item only.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.