Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Funniest things you’ve heard on a BA flight

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Funniest things you’ve heard on a BA flight

Search this Thread

Old Jan 25, 2021, 10:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: **Mucci Diamond Hairbrush** - compared to that nothing else matters (+BA Bronze)
On a BA flight from BOS the captain announced one morning that he was pleased to announce that we had flown so very fast and arrived so very early, that he needed to check what the record was for Boston - Heathrow. Then he came back on as we were taxiing and said we were so early in fact that the Baggage Handlers hadn't arrived yet to start work, and that ATC were debating which stand we would be going to. "So we will be conducting a short tour of London Heathrow to pass the time, this is a free tour compliments of BA."
lhrpete, halfcape, squawk and 5 others like this.
Old Jan 26, 2021, 1:37 am

Programs: Mucci, Diamond Status & on the Supreme Council des Conseillers, BA Ag, Bonvoy GFL/Plat, xVS Au
Originally Posted by pc32435
while in the air landing into LHR "Cabin Crew prepare for take-off....umm.. I mean landing!"
(12 months ago)
For those aviation geeks aboard this aircraft is a 737-Max....(gasp)..errr 737-800. (lots of worried looks by those pax who were paying attention)
AmaaiZeg likes this.
Old Jan 26, 2021, 3:57 am

Programs: BA Gold, KFC 'The Colonel's Club' Palladium tier, Mucci des Visions Célestes du Nord-Pas-de-Calais
Originally Posted by itsmeitisss
Me too. It's the bashing of BA in this thread that I find doesn't fit.
So a sense of humour is to be encouraged - so long BA is not the butt of the joke?
DYKWIA and ermis177 like this.
Old Jan 26, 2021, 5:45 am
Suspended

Programs: *A G, OW S.
Several years ago MLA-LGW - 'we will shortly be landing in Gatwick North Terminal'.

Fortunately we landed on the runway.
lhrpete and kanderson1965 like this.
Old Jan 27, 2021, 3:17 am

Location: All over the place often South Wales and Lake District
Programs: BA Gold for Life Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by choosethedrew
So a sense of humour is to be encouraged - so long BA is not the butt of the joke?
No. The point is this isn't the place for mini rants dressed as humour. Are you saying there is a shortage of negative posts here? If so, Boots have a good stock of reading glasses
Old Jan 27, 2021, 3:48 am

Programs: BA Gold, KFC 'The Colonel's Club' Palladium tier, Mucci des Visions Célestes du Nord-Pas-de-Calais
No. The point is this isn't the place for mini rants dressed as humour. Are you saying there is a shortage of negative posts here? If so, Boots have a good stock of reading glasses
If people want to have a mini-rant dressed as humour, let them! Is it in the written constitution of FlyerTalk that we all have to worship at the altar of BA 24/7? As long as the humour is good, why not? Satire, parody and sarcasm are classically British traits, plus it's a discussion board and not much discussion would occur if we all had the same view.

I wouldn't take it personally if people want to vent their spleen at BA's actions or inactions, for example, I loved the posts sending up the food but it's not your fault that BA has a policy of having to heat meals to nuclear temperature.
DYKWIA, NoY, SKT-DK and 9 others like this.
Old Jan 27, 2021, 9:24 am

Originally Posted by Gastrocnemius
There must have been a mistake- I always sit in 1A, you will have to sit in 9f
Was that the Peter Mandelson incident by any chance? I wonder if he was ever on the same flight as Cilla (1A) Black?

Anyway (not BA): Captain stood at the flight desk door, speaking to passengers via the PA - 'Welcome to this flight back to London Gatwick...those of you who are nervous passengers, for whom this might be your first flight, I fully understand, it's mine too...'
hessbo likes this.
Old Jan 27, 2021, 9:35 am

Programs: British Airways GGL/CCR, Hilton Diamond & Marriott Gold
BA F to SIN, before we had even departed (2 hour delay due to bags / balancing etc etc)

Cabin Crew - "we have run out of rose champagne, you are more than welcome to the (rose) sparkling wine from CW"

Did make me LOL, until I released they were serious.
Old Jan 27, 2021, 11:22 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, Volare Executive / Skyteam Elite+
Originally Posted by PGberkshire
BA F to SIN, before we had even departed (2 hour delay due to bags / balancing etc etc)

Cabin Crew - "we have run out of rose champagne, you are more than welcome to the (rose) sparkling wine from CW"

Did make me LOL, until I released they were serious.
There's something other than LPGS served in F??
Old Jan 27, 2021, 11:32 am

Programs: British Airways GGL/CCR, Hilton Diamond & Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by drwook
There's something other than LPGS served in F??
There is

I don't happen to like LPGS - don't get me wrong, I did have a few glasses and the crew gave me a bottle to take with me (birthday present) but if I have a choice, a Rose champagne would be my preference.
EDIwanderer likes this.
Old Jan 28, 2021, 5:45 am
Suspended

Programs: *A G, OW S.
Originally Posted by Robert279
Was that the Peter Mandelson incident by any chance? I wonder if he was ever on the same flight as Cilla (1A) Black?
Did Mandy have a reputation for misbehaving?

I often used to see him on Friday evenings on LHR-MME when he was MP for Hartlepool and all I can say is that on those occasions he didn't sit in 1A or even row 1 because I was always in 1A! Indeed he wasn't either a Diamond Club G (or *G) because he was always downstairs in the lounge so a 'Diamond Club doors' call was never made for his benefit.
Old Jan 28, 2021, 8:21 am

Originally Posted by Dover2Golf
Did Mandy have a reputation for misbehaving?.
Apparently. It was either on this forum, but might have been a BA cabin crew board, where a 'set to' was recounted. It was said Mandy had plonked himself down in 1A and refused to move when the rightful 'owner' turned up (allegedly)
Old Jan 28, 2021, 3:51 pm
Original Poster

[QUOTE=Dover2Golf;32999979]Did Mandy have a reputation for misbehaving?

Completely of topic now. Did Dianne Morgan misbehave on a BA flight?
Old Jan 28, 2021, 4:36 pm

Originally Posted by Robert279
Apparently. It was either on this forum, but might have been a BA cabin crew board, where a 'set to' was recounted. It was said Mandy had plonked himself down in 1A and refused to move when the rightful 'owner' turned up (allegedly)
Order-order link with reference to thread here:

https://order-order.com/2016/08/02/m...urite-seat-1a/

SummaryA co-conspirator points Guido in the direction of a post on the Flyertalk BA Executive Club forum, where jet-setters share stories from 40,000 ft.
My experience was with a well known British Labour Politician, lets just go with Peter M …
1Aturnleft and Robert279 like this.
Old Jan 28, 2021, 10:24 pm

Programs: Bonvoy LT Titanium ANA Diamond
Could we manage to please keep at least this light hearted thread negative free? It's not as if there aren't many other threads to let off steam in!

Not aimed specifically at you Confus, but it's unnecessary to put negativity into a rare bit of light heartedness
Strange are YOU not being negative ?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.