Avios to South Africa

Old Jan 19, 2021, 3:02 am
Original Poster

Avios to South Africa

I’m keeping at eye on avios flights from DUB-JNB but the BA engine only gives the BA flights and not the QR ones via DOH. Can I ring BA to get a DUB-DOH-JNB on one ticket or is separate bookings DUB-DOH & DOH-JNB the only way to do it?
Old Jan 19, 2021, 8:29 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Where there is a direct service on BA, the booking engine for BAEC is particularly poor at connections. So yes, if by searching LON-DOH then DOH-South Africa and you see flights which involce a connecton at DOH greater than MCT but less than 24 hours, usually you can call up to get them on one PNR. You need do this if checked luggage is involved. This is a general point, not just for QR.
andymcdonnell likes this.
Old Jan 19, 2021, 8:41 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
Where there is a direct service on BA, the booking engine for BAEC is particularly poor at connections. So yes, if by searching LON-DOH then DOH-South Africa and you see flights which involce a connecton at DOH greater than MCT but less than 24 hours, usually you can call up to get them on one PNR. You need do this if checked luggage is involved. This is a general point, not just for QR.
Thanks CWS. In this case will you be charged avios for LON-DOH + DOH-JNB as opposed to LON-JNB?
Old Jan 19, 2021, 8:47 am

Programs: BA Silver, ZSL Silver
Originally Posted by andymcdonnell
Thanks CWS. In this case will you be charged avios for LON-DOH + DOH-JNB as opposed to LON-JNB?
Yes, that's right. It's charged per sector (that's Avios, YQ and taxes).

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.