Community
Wiki Posts
Search

BA doesn’t credit Avios [Chase transfer]

Search this Thread

Old Jan 12, 2021, 4:46 pm
Original Poster

BA doesn’t credit Avios [Chase transfer]

Chase transfers Avios, yet BA doesn`t post them. Happens all the time (a year ago, this year, etc). Chase has my correct BA number (and I was getting Avios posted in 2018), and a rep even manually pushed Avios to BA, yet nothing.
The amount of miles are not significant, but they are still should be posted. Any ideas what else to do?
Old Jan 12, 2021, 6:29 pm

Programs: Mucci, BA Gold, A3*Gold, AA Plat, HH Gold, IHG Plat Amb, Marriott Plat
Do you have a USA address on your BAEC profile?
jerry a. laska likes this.
Old Jan 12, 2021, 7:03 pm
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold. GGL/CCR.
Originally Posted by Tafflyer
Yes, this is exactly the question I was going to ask you. If your BAEC account is a country other than the USA your Avios will not transfer from Chase. They are not lost though and can be transferred to your BAEC account once you switch your BAEC account to a US address. This happened to me when I first moved out to the US and initially left my BAEC address pointing to my UK address.
Old Jan 12, 2021, 7:47 pm
Original Poster

Both Chase and BA have USA address, which was never changed since joining BA.
Old Jan 12, 2021, 7:51 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by golfmad
Yes, this is exactly the question I was going to ask you. If your BAEC account is a country other than the USA your Avios will not transfer from Chase. They are not lost though and can be transferred to your BAEC account once you switch your BAEC account to a US address. This happened to me when I first moved out to the US and initially left my BAEC address pointing to my UK address.
Nope, not the reason why my Avios are not transferred. I`ve always had the US address.
Old Jan 12, 2021, 8:00 pm

Programs: AC 25K, AS MVP Gold, BA Bronze, UA Silver, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist
My Avios account has a UK address and I've transferred from Chase without issues.
Old Jan 13, 2021, 7:24 am

Originally Posted by nexusCFX
My Avios account has a UK address and I've transferred from Chase without issues.
Are you referring to an Avios account or an account with the British Airways Executive Club?
Old Jan 13, 2021, 12:43 pm

Programs: AC 25K, AS MVP Gold, BA Bronze, UA Silver, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist
Are you referring to an Avios account or an account with the British Airways Executive Club?
Both actually. Both Avios.com and BAEC have the same UK address.
Old Jan 13, 2021, 12:46 pm

Originally Posted by nexusCFX
Both actually. Both Avios.com and BAEC have the same UK address.
Ok that's interesting. Historically this was a known problem. If the user had a BAEC account in, say, the UK and a Chase credit card linked to an address in the USA it was not possible to see the Avios in the user's BAEC account on a monthly basis. I can only imagine the rules and the system implementation have been changed. Thanks for the update.
Old Jan 13, 2021, 1:36 pm
Original Poster

I wonder if it has something to do with 2018 BA Data Breach. Until early 2018, Avios have been posted, but not after that.
Old Jan 14, 2021, 10:27 am

Programs: BA Gold
Have you by any chance received one or more large refunds back to your Chase card? If you have, Chase don't deduct Avios when you end up with negative earnings for a given month. They just don't pass the avios you earn in future months to BA until they've netted the impact of the refund.
Old Jan 14, 2021, 3:51 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by gpp1
Have you by any chance received one or more large refunds back to your Chase card? If you have, Chase don't deduct Avios when you end up with negative earnings for a given month. They just don't pass the avios you earn in future months to BA until they've netted the impact of the refund.
No, don`t even use the card unless I need to keep Chase or BA accounts active and then make small purchases at that time (poor value of Avios comparing to other miles and points, you know, but I don`t get even those Avios, so no point of using card without perks).
Even a manual push by a rep from Chase Executive line doesn`t make BA post Avios.
Old Jan 14, 2021, 3:57 pm

Originally Posted by ACR2013
No, don`t even use the card unless I need to keep Chase or BA accounts active (poor value of Avios comparing to other miles and points, you know).
Even a manual push by a rep from Chase Executive line doesn`t make BA post Avios.
I doubt it will be something this simple but have you confirmed that the BAEC number on the front of your card actually matches your BAEC account?
Old Jan 14, 2021, 4:12 pm
Original Poster

I doubt it will be something this simple but have you confirmed that the BAEC number on the front of your card actually matches your BAEC account?
That was the first thing I did when called. Everything matches.
Old Sep 8, 2021, 4:56 pm

Programs: DL PM, SPG Plat
I'm curious if this was ever resolved. I am having the same problem and have a US address at BA Executive Club. None of my avios from my Chase BA Visa are posting to my BAEC account.

I have had a Chase BA Visa in the past, and points posted without any issues. However, I cancelled that card years ago and this is a new card.

Last edited by FederalFlyer; Sep 8, 2021 at 5:02 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.